SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Air Intake Systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-10, 10:12 PM
Alterious
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 Air Intake Systems

I've been looking at some of the air intake products and i have read several posts on here some people decided to go with injen and some with secret weapon. I would like to increase my Hp as well better gas mileage and thoughts on which is the best air intake system for the sc430? Since my car isn't under warranty anymore, i am thinking about customizing a few things, like: new rotors, painting the brake calipers to red, changing the air intake system. Last friday i changed my run flats with Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position and the difference is like day and night, i don't why i didn't replace them sooner. But now i have to get a spare from what i understand Madza RX-8 spare kit fit the sc430 but the problem is finding a cheap one. I have called several junkyards no luck! And people on eBay asking ridiculous amounts for them. i would like to gather everyone's opinion and when i finalize my decision, i will start posting pictures on my project. Thanks in advance guys!
Old 02-01-10, 10:07 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Ok I'll admit it I am one of the persons who spent the money...

The kit is much more that the tire... And it's true a regular tire will not fit in the space designed for the spare. The kit itself has the tire, new inside garish, new trunk floor mat to fit around the tire, and an assortment of mounting hardware, clips, tire cover with Lexus Logo and rubber bumpers to keep it all stationary and quiet. Hell the cover even has a metallic magnetized button for the leather strap for the roof cover. While the cost is high, the integration and squeaky clean looks goes with the SC theme.
It really just came down to the convenience of getting all the parts in one place and the final appearance.

Oh and by the way. Now that my SC has a spare, I also keep a 32gal trash bag stored there too. If I ever need to use that spare, my flat goes in the bag before it goes in car.
Old 02-01-10, 05:01 PM
Alterious
Driver

i think i am just going to wait till i get a good price on a donut before i go crazy with it. But as far as cold air intake, should i go with injen? or a different brand? and how much more hp does it add as well as getting more gas mileage?
Old 02-02-10, 05:46 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VVTiBob -- is there a picture of your car on the forum? I have an 05 SC430 with the same color scheme (silver on black) but you have the upgrades I am leaning towards (06+ tails, Tourmalines, etc.) I would love to see a picture of your vehicle.
Old 02-02-10, 01:50 PM
VVTiBob

Photos of my 2002 SC and most of its upgrades are on my photoshop.com website at the following link:

https://www.photoshop.com/express/in...ackingid=BTAGC

You must have Adobe's Flash player on your system. There is no flash player for Internet Explorer's 64bit browsers. So you can either use the 32bit version or use Goggle's Chrome Browser.
Old 02-02-10, 04:18 PM
Alterious
Driver

that's a hawt looking car! where can i get some good quality caliper decals from? And how much did it cost for the 06 tail lights?
Old 02-02-10, 05:18 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

06+ brake lights are a great upgrade, I really want to do it myself, but its about 600, for a good deal. with the ECU
Old 02-02-10, 05:19 PM
Alterious
Driver

is that the best deal around? where do you get it from?
Old 02-02-10, 05:27 PM
VVTiBob

The entire 06 taillight kit is for sale at Sewell Parts Online at this link: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...l.asp?id=89401

This kit contains the following items:
1 LH Taillight assemby
1 RH Taillight assmeby
1 LH Upper Garnish
1 RH Upper Garnish
2 Taillight Wire Harnesses
2 7440A (A=Amber in color) Incandescent bulbs for the turn signals
1 Luggage Compartment ECU

The ECU is one of the more expensive components and necessary if you don't want to see a brake lamp out icon on the dashboard indicator. If you don't care about it then you can skip that part.

The LED tail and brake lamp combo does a very nice job of refreshing and updating the look of the car.

Last edited by VVTiBob; 02-03-10 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-03-10, 03:49 PM
daryltrinh
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jace_91
06+ brake lights are a great upgrade, I really want to do it myself, but its about 600, for a good deal. with the ECU
$600? Where?
Old 02-03-10, 04:20 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

For some reason the above link didn't work. $880 with "clublexus" entered in the shopping cart for the discount-includes all the parts above Bob mentions PLUS ECU.

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...id=89401&all=Y

Try this one...should work.

If you are buying, I totally recommend the chrome amber bulbs!!!!
Old 02-03-10, 05:12 PM
Alterious
Driver

very nice! i think i am going to hold off on the tail light and might look into replacing my ML stereo first. But i did order the G2 red caliper paint and emailed Xenonmods for chrome finish caliper decals. For now i'll be painting my calipers to red then installing injen is2095P cold air intake. I will post pictures through its progress I have spoke with a mechanic today and he convinced me that i do not need to replace my rotors so that project got shot down for now. But i also would like to install that invisible bra.
Old 02-09-10, 10:31 AM
Alterious
Driver

Well, so far i got the injen is2095P, G2 red brake caliper paint in. I ended up buying the rotors from trinetmotorsports.com i got the sprints with black zinc coated. Still waiting on the rotors, pedals and caliper decals from xenonmods.com i have emailed xenonmods 6 times and still no response i really hope i'll get my decals. If weather permits i am going to start my new project this weekend. I replaced my run flats with standard Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions last friday. I will post before and after pictures!
Old 02-09-10, 12:45 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What kind of hp increase can you expect for putting on an intake on this car
Old 02-09-10, 03:11 PM
Alterious
Driver

i heard between 3 to 10 hp and i am suppose to get better gas mileage we'll see lol

Quick Reply: SC430 Air Intake Systems