SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

anyone seen and AFTERMARKET SMART KEY available??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10, 05:29 PM
langsdale
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone seen and AFTERMARKET SMART KEY available??

Looking to upgrade the alarm, etc and would really like ot add an entire smart key setup
proximity sensor
push buttons on the doors and trunk
push button start
pair of "smart" keys

anyone know of anyone doing this? seen it done?
i know i know, expensive and extensive. i dont care. i simply want to know where i can find it.
thanks for all your help guys
joey
Old 01-25-10, 12:11 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

DISCLAIMER - I DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, HAVE FRIENDS WHO WORK THERE, KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM, OR HAVE EVEN USED THEIR PRODUCT....THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT!!!

Ok, with that being, said...I've looked into this a couple of times (I thought it would be a pretty cool addition to my Robo-SC430).

There was a company that had an RFID system a year or two ago but, no one ever seemed to actually be selling the product so, I think it was just "vapor-ware".

In doing some reasearch, I came across this...

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/2GOKEYLESS1.html

To me, it looks like it's got a lot of potential.

The two major hurdles with a system like this are...

A) The security chip in the Lexus keys
B) The steering wheel lock

"A" is pretty easy to overcome. Those of us with the LuxLink remote start systems know that you can get a little box that installs under your dash to allow an aftermarket system to selectively override this security feature.

"B" is the trick. In looking on the above website, they seem to consider a solution to the steering wheel lock is a "cut key". This is a key that has the handle-end cut off. You put that in the ignition, turn the key to "ON" and leave it that way (installing a cap/cover over the ignition switch). The RFID control module handles turning the car power on and off...and the starting/cranking.

That scares me a bit, to say the least. I have the LuxLink kit installed in my car but, I ONLY have the RFID chip installed in the immobilizer, not a full key. Someone would have to find the immobilizer module, remove the RFID chip AND break the steering wheel lock.

Their solution gives a would-be thief both pieces of the puzzle, if they were determined enough.

But, to be fair, if someone wants your car bad enough, they're going to take it...you cannot stop them.
Old 01-25-10, 04:48 PM
langsdale
Pole Position

that looks good. i will have to check it out more. but yes, the idea is kind of what im looking for
talked to lexus about it. they said its next to impossible. about 15000 to do it. for some reason i pondered it.
any other kits?
Old 01-25-10, 06:16 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Habious, shall I reserve my garage for you?
Old 01-25-10, 06:28 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd like the Guard Dawg better if they added a relay to the door locks that would unlock your car as you approached and lock it when you walk away. Now, that would be keyless.
Old 01-26-10, 05:54 AM
langsdale
Pole Position

im looking to instal a button on the doors, etc like lexus and infiniti systems. and a push button start that doesnt look hokey. think this will work?
Old 01-26-10, 09:27 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Guard Dawg does have a keyless door entry module and an ignition module that work together. When you get within a few feet the doors lock and unlock automatically. The new "key" is credit card shaped rather than a key fob shape. It's not on their web site so you have to call to get info. They also have a push button that looks very similar to the OEM button. It's press and hold rather than press and forget. The installation would get pretty technical if you want to install the OEM like button in the location of the ignition switch. I didn't get pricing.
Old 01-27-10, 05:47 AM
langsdale
Pole Position

i posted another thread about this because can anyone read korean?

www.letscar.com
check it out, its sick
but maybe the gaurd dawg can work? id like to see the setup.