SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Irony- temptation of cars and religion

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10, 11:06 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Irony- temptation of cars and religion

Funny story...

Was at Infiniti dealer yesterday and my sales guy on my fx35 grabbed me and told me they are offering sweet incentives on a brand new 2009 g37 convertible, and like any car fool I listened!

50k loaded with nav 19" sport wheels paddle shifters cooled seats music box iPod bluetooth integration xm etc etc. Red on tan

I can buy for 44k plus tax credits and 2k owners loyalty.... Zero down 699 per month for 3 year lease. I would maybe consider a 3.9 percent finance for 72 months as well not sure what that payment is...

So I was tempted a little of course!!!

This morning in church, our pastor preached and read from genesis chapter 3 verses 1-7 which tell the story of Adam and eve and the serpent and the fruit trees. Funny thing about symbolism is that even our pastor talked about the serpent being temptation and the fruit trees representing all the things we shouldn't do/buy whatever!!!!

Ver ironic about the message and my situation! I will have to admit that g37 is fly!!!! Temptation has been going on since the creation of man.... Year 225... That's a long time! Lol
Old 01-24-10, 11:13 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's worst than that. My pastor teaches that credit is a sin. He undersatands buying a house with payments because that is the only way most of us can get one. But a car or TV or anything else he says it's wrong. He says you should start off with a car you can buy cash. Save your money to when you can buy better without financing. Fancy toys and electronic, my pastor thinks it's okay to buy your toys just not charging all these things that aren't neccessities.
Think about me when I'm in church. My pastor is talking about the sins of frivolity and I'm thinking about my Ice350 outside with expensive wheels and tires, music upgrade, tints, etc.
Old 01-24-10, 08:40 PM
sc430guy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its got like 50 less lbs/torque than the sc430, which is what you feel - not horse power

Personally I have to restrain myself nowadays because I kind of want an suv. Im thinking cayenne turbo s, lx 570, or whatever. Probably not this year, but we'll see what happens.
Old 01-24-10, 08:50 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got a FX35 and drove the FX50 it was WAY over the top for me if you are looking for a bad *** SUV with tons of HP and all the refinements and tech you can handle. $55k versus $45k on the FX35 meant a ton in payments that's why I went with the 35.

How about the new GX?
Old 01-25-10, 02:24 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Funny story...

Was at Infiniti dealer yesterday and my sales guy on my fx35 grabbed me and told me they are offering sweet incentives on a brand new 2009 g37 convertible, and like any car fool I listened!

50k loaded with nav 19" sport wheels paddle shifters cooled seats music box iPod bluetooth integration xm etc etc. Red on tan

I can buy for 44k plus tax credits and 2k owners loyalty.... Zero down 699 per month for 3 year lease. I would maybe consider a 3.9 percent finance for 72 months as well not sure what that payment is...

So I was tempted a little of course!!!

This morning in church, our pastor preached and read from genesis chapter 3 verses 1-7 which tell the story of Adam and eve and the serpent and the fruit trees. Funny thing about symbolism is that even our pastor talked about the serpent being temptation and the fruit trees representing all the things we shouldn't do/buy whatever!!!!

Ver ironic about the message and my situation! I will have to admit that g37 is fly!!!! Temptation has been going on since the creation of man.... Year 225... That's a long time! Lol
Please don't do this my friend !! Can you imagine your new forum name being G37DROPTOP ?? You have too many friends here on this forum to travel to the other side
Old 01-25-10, 07:54 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you go to an SUV you will miss the drop top. If you go to the Infiniti you will miss the uniqueness. If you go, you will be missed. Stop shopping, and get a new hobby.
Old 01-25-10, 08:04 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think these pastors are Commies!!!! lol I was brought up to have car payments. It's the American way. Truth, justice, tupperware and car payments!!!! Also you have to have tupperware. I bet they don't have any of that either! To buy a new car with savings, it would take forever with all the interest they are paying on your saved money now.
Old 01-25-10, 09:34 AM
surteco
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just bought my wife a Audi Q7 TDI. Got rid of a Mercedes G500. Great torque for quick off the line and as well towing. Absolutely happy about 27 mpg hwy instead of 12 hwy on the G wagon.

Looked at the Porsche, but didn't like it mostly due to the tiny sun roof. My wife want a big roof like the G. The Q7 is glass to the cargo area and opens over the driver as well tilts in the cargo area.

Its a great combo having the Q7 and the SC in the garage.
Old 01-25-10, 10:34 AM
flyguyskt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
It's worst than that. My pastor teaches that credit is a sin. He undersatands buying a house with payments because that is the only way most of us can get one. But a car or TV or anything else he says it's wrong. He says you should start off with a car you can buy cash. Save your money to when you can buy better without financing. Fancy toys and electronic, my pastor thinks it's okay to buy your toys just not charging all these things that aren't neccessities.
Think about me when I'm in church. My pastor is talking about the sins of frivolity and I'm thinking about my Ice350 outside with expensive wheels and tires, music upgrade, tints, etc.
so next time your pastor sends around the blessed donation basket...stand up and say im tired of making these weekly payments....
Old 01-25-10, 11:38 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Amen brother....Amen.
Old 01-25-10, 12:36 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A pastor is just a man with an opinion. And that's all it is....an opinion. His opinion is no better than anyone else's. I don't agree with what Ice's pastor is saying.
Old 01-25-10, 03:45 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC
A pastor is just a man with an opinion. And that's all it is....an opinion. His opinion is no better than anyone else's. I don't agree with what Ice's pastor is saying.
You don't know what you're talking about. A good Pastor comes from the Bible, not his own opinions. The Bible does say that credit is a sin. So is gambling, smoking and drinking to excess....along with a slew of other sins. I bought a lotto ticket one day and the Pastor happened to be teaching on the sin of gambling that Sunday. I had to sit there and feel guilty the whole time. But he is right. The Bible speaks of gambling and it is wrong. It's not his opinion, he's just telling it like it is.
Old 01-25-10, 04:29 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ice350
You don't know what you're talking about. A good Pastor comes from the Bible, not his own opinions. The Bible does say that credit is a sin. So is gambling, smoking and drinking to excess....along with a slew of other sins. I bought a lotto ticket one day and the Pastor happened to be teaching on the sin of gambling that Sunday. I had to sit there and feel guilty the whole time. But he is right. The Bible speaks of gambling and it is wrong. It's not his opinion, he's just telling it like it is.
A good pastor comes from the Bible? Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but whatever. Everything you wrote is merely your opinion and it appears as though your opinions make as much sense as your pastor's (i.e., they don't). Nowhere in the Bible does it come remotely close to saying you shouldn't buy something on credit. To suggest it does is a lie. And the person that suggests they have an inside track to that knowledge is an even bigger liar. Some people will believe anything.

This is off topic and really doesn't belong. I really don't think it should be discussed anymore. But I will say this one last thing. If you didn't want your pastor's opinion criticized, you shouldn't have posted it. A pastor is not a god, nor IS he God. He is a mere mortal man, just like the rest of us. And as a human being, he has opinions, but that's all they are. Unless it's clearly written in the Bible (which it is not), it is only an opinion.

Looks like you are as confused as your pastor. I really don't think God gives "buying on credit" the time of day. I think about the only thing that matters to Him is whether or not you paid for it, as opposed to stole it. As long as you didn't steal it, I really don't think He cares about how you financed your big screen TV. For someone to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Perhaps you would like to share the scripture that cites buying on credit as being a sin. It needs to say exactly that to support what you're saying. Buying a house on credit is no different than buying anything else on credit. For your pastor to say it's okay to buy a house on installments, but nothing else, is absolutely absurd. Has God been whispering these things in your pastor's ear, or yours?

Last edited by TooCoolSC; 01-25-10 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-25-10, 04:37 PM
sc430guy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if I were to get an suv I still wouldnt get rid of Lexy!
Old 01-25-10, 04:47 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tromly
Please don't do this my friend !! Can you imagine your new forum name being G37DROPTOP ?? You have too many friends here on this forum to travel to the other side
Agree to that!! Don't sell Ebony!!

Quick Reply: Irony- temptation of cars and religion