SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

GS Suspension on SC430 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-09, 08:31 AM
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GS Suspension on SC430 Questions

Since there seems to be zero good deals on SC coilovers and no one seems to be selling their used suspension, I guess I'm going to have to look at the GS suspension kits.

How is the ride quality with GS coilovers on the SC? Any issues to consider? I want to go about 1.5" lower and still have OEM feeling suspension.
Old 12-11-09, 10:00 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the ride, haven't really had any negative points.

But for my next set up I will be going for a stiffer combination, the tein CS are a little bit too soft for my comfort.

98-05 GS coils will fit out SC's w/o any mods

oh and btw if you searched you would have found this info....
Old 12-11-09, 01:36 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Loveslexus, What about just changing out the springs to get it lowered? Might be able to help you out that way. Pm me if interested.

Question for Lexiss sc430. I see that you have a reverse camera as a mod. Where does the picture come up? Nav screen? How do you get that hooked up? What do I need? Thanks
Old 12-11-09, 04:51 PM
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Loveslexus, What about just changing out the springs to get it lowered? Might be able to help you out that way. Pm me if interested.

Question for Lexiss sc430. I see that you have a reverse camera as a mod. Where does the picture come up? Nav screen? How do you get that hooked up? What do I need? Thanks
I have read that springs make the ride horid on the SC430. I don't want the car to ride like ****.

You need a product called NavTool to do a back up camera. I want to buy one too...see if they will do a group buy?
Old 12-12-09, 02:17 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loveslexus
You need a product called NavTool to do a back up camera. I want to buy one too...see if they will do a group buy?
we have a winner,

eddy if you search for navtool you will see posts by pearlpower...
Old 12-12-09, 06:01 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Tommy, I'll do that. Us white SC's have to stick together. I have a ways to go to catch up with the mods. I only have a debaged grill, spacers on the rear, chrome star wheel covers and the black emblems on the back. Have a set of spider too, that she doesn't want on. And a set of tein springs that she might let me install or have installed. We'll see.
Old 12-12-09, 08:30 AM
farkas
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by loveslexus
Since there seems to be zero good deals on SC coilovers and no one seems to be selling their used suspension, I guess I'm going to have to look at the GS suspension kits.

How is the ride quality with GS coilovers on the SC? Any issues to consider? I want to go about 1.5" lower and still have OEM feeling suspension.
Contact Fellow CL Member/Vendor nigel-jdmparts !!!!!! If there is a deal to be made, he can do it for you. He took care of me with some Tein Cs's... GL!

Heads Up Nigel!
Old 12-13-09, 05:03 AM
omair
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
I like the ride, haven't really had any negative points.

But for my next set up I will be going for a stiffer combination, the tein CS are a little bit too soft for my comfort.

98-05 GS coils will fit out SC's w/o any mods

oh and btw if you searched you would have found this info....

yahh the CS stands for comfort sports...

the car itself isn't meant to have a stiff ride... I think i'd go the tein route.

what are you thinking of doing to your car?
Old 12-13-09, 06:48 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by omair
yahh the CS stands for comfort sports...

the car itself isn't meant to have a stiff ride... I think i'd go the tein route.

what are you thinking of doing to your car?

yea I realize what CS stands for...

dunno... at some points I want to get rid of it, at other points I wanna turbo the crap out of it....
Old 12-14-09, 06:40 AM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea I realize what CS stands for...

dunno... at some points I want to get rid of it, at other points I wanna turbo the crap out of it....
Went through the same thing a few weeks ago. Sold mine and bought a Carrerra S. I can now scratch my itch...
Old 12-14-09, 11:30 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PHXSC
Went through the same thing a few weeks ago. Sold mine and bought a Carrerra S. I can now scratch my itch...
now you sir are a wise man, if I had my way I'd get rid of the SC and pick up a 04-06 turbo... but with things the way they are that might not happen anytime soon.
Old 12-14-09, 03:54 PM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

now you sir are a wise man, if I had my way I'd get rid of the SC and pick up a 04-06 turbo... but with things the way they are that might not happen anytime soon.
I lurked on your threads as you did the mods to your car, and appreciated you sharing the results. Actually, i think it was your last dyno runs with the headers that made me "give up" on the car, as far as trying to get more performance out of it, so it's all your fault.
Old 12-14-09, 05:33 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

haha how do you think I felt, I spent all that time and effort trying to make this beast into something its not....

wanna trade?
Old 12-14-09, 07:08 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow you too? I once had a vision of the 911turbo at the end of the tunnel but gosh has our economy blurred up that vision. I can't complain, loving the SC.
Old 12-15-09, 07:10 AM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

haha how do you think I felt, I spent all that time and effort trying to make this beast into something its not....

wanna trade?
Uhhh, no...

At least you have one of the baddest 430's out there, but there comes a point you realize it's a luxury cruiser and not a sports car. Nothing wrong with that, as it is one of the finest you can drive, and certainly one of the best values out there considering current selling prices for early models. There's a good market for them, and it only took 2 days to sell mine.

Side note - this economy has driven Porsche prices down, too.

Quick Reply: GS Suspension on SC430 Questions