SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

NM SC430 for Sale! Wow...Dont' see this very often. # 33, 29k miles $24,000

Old 11-08-09, 04:40 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default vin..

I have one comment to make..I have access to check true VIN history as I an adjuster. Let me tell you that unless you run an insurance VIN check you will not know if the car has been in an accident or not. Case in point. My 04 I just purchased with a " clean' car fax showed up with an accident!

The dealer was astonished, and I also had access to call the owner and get the details.The dealer now wants to buy my car back! More on that latter..I am going to a good shop to have them drop the bumper to see how the repairs were done.I also have the estimate sheet from the work done, from of the shop.

Because I am curious.. I will run the VIN, and advise whomever .

I also wonder..why the gap in history from 5/08 to now??

Here is a Yahoo report /revieiw that I found on this dealer..

#
User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by UNHAPPY
04/30/2009

well that last review was from 2005 and i think they may have been under different management at that time. Well if you need a car u can definately get one from this guy but don't count on it being a good one! My check engine light came on the very next morning after purchasing the car and i didnt get any assistance from them. it was an oxgen sensor that they had reset the engine light to sell it! then they push this warrenty on you cause they know their cars are crap! the owner is a money hungry redneck and he has his little imph (devil child), Jason carring out his orders! If you really need a car save your money and go somewhere else! there are plenty of places around Sumter that will sell you a car! This guy is just there to prey on those in despirate need! DO NOT BUY A CAR HERE! U WILL REGRET IT!

Was this review helpful? 00 Report Abuse | Subscribe to Yahoo

Last edited by azkaty; 11-08-09 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-08-09, 06:08 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he tells his wife about it. Now I'm wondering how big his garage is. Maybe he's going to have to build on, and then he'll have to tell his wife about THAT, too!

True or False: One can NEVER have too many vehicles with red leather interior!
You might not need to be the fly, the homicide might be on the evening news
Old 11-08-09, 06:13 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azkaty
I have one comment to make..I have access to check true VIN history as I an adjuster. Let me tell you that unless you run an insurance VIN check you will not know if the car has been in an accident or not. Case in point. My 04 I just purchased with a " clean' car fax showed up with an accident!

The dealer was astonished, and I also had access to call the owner and get the details.The dealer now wants to buy my car back! More on that latter..I am going to a good shop to have them drop the bumper to see how the repairs were done.I also have the estimate sheet from the work done, from of the shop.

Because I am curious.. I will run the VIN, and advise whomever .

I also wonder..why the gap in history from 5/08 to now??

Here is a Yahoo report /revieiw that I found on this dealer..

#
User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by UNHAPPY
04/30/2009

well that last review was from 2005 and i think they may have been under different management at that time. Well if you need a car u can definately get one from this guy but don't count on it being a good one! My check engine light came on the very next morning after purchasing the car and i didnt get any assistance from them. it was an oxgen sensor that they had reset the engine light to sell it! then they push this warrenty on you cause they know their cars are crap! the owner is a money hungry redneck and he has his little imph (devil child), Jason carring out his orders! If you really need a car save your money and go somewhere else! there are plenty of places around Sumter that will sell you a car! This guy is just there to prey on those in despirate need! DO NOT BUY A CAR HERE! U WILL REGRET IT!

Was this review helpful? 00 Report Abuse | Subscribe to Yahoo
Holy smokes, that's a redflag. This whole offer from SCDROPTOP is getting very interesting ! Wish the car was closer to where I lived, I'd check it out for him
Old 11-08-09, 06:15 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
I've got a 3-car garage....my story is that we are entering into the wholesale car business. She is out of town...hopefully I can seal the deal before she comes home!!

Probably won't tell her until it arrives--might be better that way! We have 3 cars...looks like the company car sits outside now in the driveway.

In reality, they probably won't take what I'm willing to spend. We'll see. I would definitely do the spyders or tourmalines. I personally like the "mesh" wheel a little better but you all are making me like the tourmalines with all the hype about them.

I would probably do the rear tails and wheels that's it. Just dreaming...I doubt it will come true.
Hope you capture #33 my friend, guess even 21k would be a great price
Old 11-08-09, 06:44 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow...that's scary! Thank you. I would have to have eyes on it for sure to pull the trigger now, even if they match my price. Luckily I am a regional sales manager with a large company and I've got a friend in just about any place...I had someone checkout another 2005 Pebble Beach in Cincy at a award winning Lexus Dealer and they informed me it was crap.

I will also check out the BBB. I am not being naive, but TYPICALLY a person who buys a NM edition will take good care of it and is more than your average car buyer. Money, exclusivity, status and you'd have to really be a car enthusiast for these special edition cars. I am hedging my bet that perhaps the dealer is not a great one, but the car is a pretty good one. For that price ($20k) I can't resist. I could turn it and make a profit if I needed to or wanted to.
Old 11-09-09, 02:37 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Wow...that's scary! Thank you. I would have to have eyes on it for sure to pull the trigger now, even if they match my price. Luckily I am a regional sales manager with a large company and I've got a friend in just about any place...I had someone checkout another 2005 Pebble Beach in Cincy at a award winning Lexus Dealer and they informed me it was crap.

I will also check out the BBB. I am not being naive, but TYPICALLY a person who buys a NM edition will take good care of it and is more than your average car buyer. Money, exclusivity, status and you'd have to really be a car enthusiast for these special edition cars. I am hedging my bet that perhaps the dealer is not a great one, but the car is a pretty good one. For that price ($20k) I can't resist. I could turn it and make a profit if I needed to or wanted to.
+1, your analysis may be right on, someone in TX would probably buy it for 24K simply because of NM's reputation in the Dallas area.
Old 11-11-09, 07:01 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so scdroptop did u purchase the car?
Old 11-11-09, 09:44 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

nope not yet...still waiting for response. Not good communication
Old 11-11-09, 12:12 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck with the purchase. It would be nice to see more NM owners here.
Old 11-11-09, 01:29 PM
omair
Driver School Candidate

i'll buy it!
Old 11-15-09, 01:56 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

bump, is this car sold yet?