SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

alot of cleaning on the outside but what about the inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-02, 03:21 PM
spiff77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alot of cleaning on the outside but what about the inside

I have a black/saddle SC430. Does anyone have a good method of cleaning the leather, dash, and such inside. I don't want that shiny looking armour all stuff on it.

Thanks

Spiff
Old 04-26-02, 05:24 AM
DropTop430
Driver

I have been thinking about the same thing. I am very happy with the leather cleaner and conditoner that I have been using from Zaino but am not sure about dash etc..I have been happy so far with a damp microfibre cloth and then a swiffer, Those things are amazing for a quick cleanup to get rid of dust...I keep a few on hand at all times...
Old 04-26-02, 01:04 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Swiffer??
Old 04-26-02, 02:20 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Those things that look like Paper Towel but they are thicker and have pockets that trap in dust and stuff. You can get them at any store up here in Canada, like grocery in the household section..Pledge makes ones called Grab Its in the shape of a mit that you put your hand in to help clean, they are a must in my mind...
Old 04-27-02, 03:48 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Drop ... I'll look for them here.

Being a Pledge product, they might have some sort of chemical solution in them that you may not want to wipe on your dash, etc.
Do you know if this is the case?
Old 04-27-02, 08:32 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Nope, they are made by Pledge, some of them at least. I am not sure who makes the Swiffer. But they are dry to the touch and I am pretty sure that they are nothing more than dusting cloth that use electric charge to hold dust in the material. Just used some today and they worked like a charm
Old 04-28-02, 10:23 AM
spiff77
Driver School Candidate

how often to you clean your interior droptop?
Old 04-28-02, 05:18 PM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

303 Aerospace Protectant is da bomb. It doesn't leave a shiny residue behind, but it cleans and protects from UV rays...although you have to wipe it on, let it set a bit then remove the excess, which is a bit more tedious than just wiping across it once and forgetting it.
Old 04-28-02, 08:01 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Default spiff77.....

I try to keep it clean all the time all it takes is a few minutes to clean the floor mats and then I use those things I have talked about to get off the dust and a microfibre to get off any smears on the wood.
Ten minutes here and there every few days/ once a week keeps mine looking brand new. Every once and a while I take a lot longer doing it when I need to clean windows and clean and condition the leather, very impt. to do in a convert with black leather. The sun really takes its toll on it...Hope that helps....
Old 04-28-02, 08:04 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Default Black94RX-7TT

This aerospace stuff, what is it,where do you get it?

I have heard of it on a few forums before but never used it..

I have never seen it in Canada but then again I have never looked for it. Where do you use it, what colour interior do you have. Where do you apply it?

Is it made for cleaning or is it a product that is for another application and just happens to work well in this role?

I like trying out new products...Thanks
Old 05-01-02, 05:10 AM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

Its a vinyl protectant....its not a cleaner per-se but applying it takes care of the cleaning part. I have a black interior, and use it on all the vinyl, but not the leather. I Lexol my leather. You should be able to find a retailer here: http://www.303products.com/retailers_online.htm
Old 05-02-02, 08:23 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Do you use it on a Lexus interior. I have a SC430 with the black interior and I am going to try this stuff. Can you give me a few more tips about the application process. I have never seen the product, does it come in a spray bottle?
Thanks very much for your help...
Old 05-03-02, 02:26 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Do you mean the leather in a bottle doesn't last or the cleaner, I was confused by your post. For me the cleaner works well and has removed all I have asked it to.

As far as the conditioner I am happy with it, leather feels good looks good and smells great, especially when the black interior heats up...What leads you to think it doesn't last? How long should it last?
Old 05-06-02, 10:32 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question ZAINO LEATHER CONDITIONER VS LEXUS'S OWN PRODUCT.

As mentioned herein pretty frequently in the past, I've been Very Pleased with the Entire line of ZAINO Products for the Exterior of our SC's, but am a little disapointed in the aroma of it's Interior Leather Contitioner - "LEATHER IN A BOTTLE".

It's been a Great Conditioner, but I'm curious about the Quality and Finished Aroma of Lexus's own Conditioner that they have available through their Dealer's Part's Departments.

One of the most enduring features that I like on my SC, is the New Leather Aroma that is as close to smelling like British Connaly Leather that we have all come to be in continuing awe of in the Jaguar Motor Coaches. Apparently, Lexus has been able to create a synthetic oil that looks, smells, and feels just as good as the original Jaguar Product.

Given that Lexus has gone to all this trouble to so enhance our Leather Seats with these great Oils, is there any particular merit to using their own Leather Conditioner on their Leathers, as opposed to all of the many other After-Market Products?

Has anyone experimented with their Leather Conditioner, and compared it to any of the more popular After-Market Brands?

"FRUSTRATED IN FISHERS!"

Old 05-07-02, 02:50 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Personally, I thought that Leather in a Bottle was closer to the new car smell than any other treatment I tried.

Quick Reply: alot of cleaning on the outside but what about the inside