SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Finally, new owner of 2007 sc340 SGM/alabaster!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 05:02 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope you and yours enjoy your SC as much as we enjoy ours. Very nice looking combo.
Old 09-09-09, 06:50 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

No SC430's have a backup camera...not even as an option. However, it can be added "fairly" easily...with a NavTool video interface (it has a dedicated input for a backup camera that it automatically switches to when you put the car in reverse) and some kind of camera. I used a license-plate frame camera.

Works well.

NavTool will run you around $200 plus another $200 for a good backup camera (plus someone to put it in).

Oh, and to the OP...nice ride! I like that color combo!
Old 09-09-09, 06:58 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC
scorpio...that's a very sweet ride, man. Congrats
Originally Posted by carbuf
That is one elegant looking car. Enjoy your beautiful SC.
Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Hope you and yours enjoy your SC as much as we enjoy ours. Very nice looking combo.
Thanks so much. I couldn't be happier. I was torn bt. choosing the 07 ls460L and 07 sc430. I test drove both cars. Love the ls technologies which my current 06 gs430 already has. I think I made a right decision PLUS I save myself almost $25k for not buying the ls.
Old 09-09-09, 07:06 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Habious
No SC430's have a backup camera...not even as an option. However, it can be added "fairly" easily...with a NavTool video interface (it has a dedicated input for a backup camera that it automatically switches to when you put the car in reverse) and some kind of camera. I used a license-plate frame camera.

Works well.

NavTool will run you around $200 plus another $200 for a good backup camera (plus someone to put it in).

Oh, and to the OP...nice ride! I like that color combo!
Thanks. I miss the backup cam and park assist. My gs430 has it all. But the sc430 is a very sweet ride. Love it. Took it on the freeway last nite with the top down and WOW, it felt so nice. I'm very happy with this car.
Old 09-09-09, 07:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Very nice SC Congratulations & enjoy !!
Old 09-09-09, 09:52 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

f---in sweet!

I loves that color combo.

why do all TX and other dirty south homes look the same w/ the style brick homes ?

Just curious, that's all.

My cousin's the same style in H-Town, too.
Old 09-09-09, 11:15 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Very nice SC Congratulations & enjoy !!
Thanks Gojirra. I initially was looking for the 2007 ls460L. Test drove the ls and felt in love with it. But the dealer and I didn't agree on the price so I was a lil disappointed. Talked to wifie about it and she told me why don't we buy the sc430. We already have the gs430. Actually, she didn't like the ls460L that much. So I began my search for the sc430 and ended up with this beautiful car. Couldn't be happier.
I see that you have the SC430 and th ls460L. I have to admit that when I saw you thread about the ls460L, I have the itch for it so bad.
Old 09-09-09, 05:20 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice color combo! By the looks of what hanging in the rear view, u gotta be asian. Don't be offended if your not, im vietnamese and i see those things hanging in alot of cars. good luck with the car and get your credit cards ready for mods!!!
Old 09-09-09, 05:33 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vietpr1nce
Very nice color combo! By the looks of what hanging in the rear view, u gotta be asian. Don't be offended if your not, im vietnamese and i see those things hanging in alot of cars. good luck with the car and get your credit cards ready for mods!!!
Not a problem. And yes I'm Viet too . This is my first sc430. I love this car since it came out in 2001 and now a dream comes true.
Old 09-09-09, 05:43 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the new ride looks great and enjoy it
Old 09-09-09, 05:55 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

u will soon notice the number of compliments you get on the road. planing on getting wheels for it?
Old 09-09-09, 06:13 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vietpr1nce
u will soon notice the number of compliments you get on the road. planing on getting wheels for it?
Not sure right now. Maybe after I break her in I like the OEM wheels. Wish they were chrome. But I'd love to have 20s on them in the future with coilovers.
Old 09-10-09, 04:08 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

If your house is like my house the SC will become hers, and it will depend what wheels she likes and wants. At least you saved a bundle on the SC and now you can spent it on mods (that she helped pick out). She still lets me drive it once in a while, like when it needs gas or something (only kidding). I'm going with g-spiders (from Sewell's, still sitting in the basement) and lowering springs, (they are on the way) didn't want to go through the hassle of the coilovers with adjusting them for different heights and the like. Plus it's a lot cheaper going that way than coilovers. I'm not doing any racing or slid pad stuff. wanted it lowered and still ride decent. If you like the OEM wheels I think you can find them chromed. This forum has everything you could ask for and then some.
Old 09-10-09, 09:03 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

SteadyEddy, the sc is hers now. She loves it. So I guess I'll be driving the sc to fill up the gas for her when it's low I love my gs better.
Old 09-10-09, 01:27 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Went through the hassle of taking my vanity plate off the SC and putting it on the ES. Then got her a vanity plate for the SC. Know what you mean as far as liking the GS better. My ride now is the 07 ES, and it's a lot easier putting clubs in the trunk of that than the SC, plus I can get other people's clubs in it too.

To answer martini3 about the houses in the in Tx and other dirty south houses, (his words not mine) that's because that's were the big bad wolf lives. And we all know what he can do to straw and wood houses.

Quick Reply: Finally, new owner of 2007 sc340 SGM/alabaster!!!