SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Are there any other ladies in this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-02, 06:30 AM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any other ladies in this forum?

Nice chatting with you guys.........but, I was just wondering if I am the only girl around on these boards? Surely other women like the SC430, too.
Old 04-17-02, 08:39 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Vicky,

I'm sure there must be other ladies out there. They may not be aware of the forum though. From what I've see in all the other car forums, it's mostly a guy thing when it comes to cars. You are truly an exception and it's a pleasure to see your interest in fine automobiles.
Old 04-17-02, 04:22 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I think its the coolest thing when a girl is really interested in cars. Vicky, doesnt it give you a good feeling or i dont know what to call it when a guy knows a lot about dresses??? Bad Example.

ps
did you recently see the thread about the nav-tv thing you pmed me about?
Old 04-17-02, 04:32 PM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Vicky- it's definitely nice to see women like yourself so enthusiastic about their car/Lexus. Being a new SC430 owner myself (4-5-02 delivery), I find myself falling in love with this car more and more each day! I know of a couple other women that are CL members, although they're usually in different forums (SC300/400 & IS300).
Old 04-17-02, 07:23 PM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Hi Toog!
I don't remember private messaging you about the tv-nav thing...it does sound interesting but, probably dangerous. I can just see explaining to the officer why I ran the stop sign, now.
If a guy knows a lot about a dress or Italian shoes, etc., I usually wonder about his sexual preference. But, now that I think about it, maybe that is not fair. I guess my interest in this board where there seems to be a lot of male car buffs could cause someone to think I am let's say, a tomboy.
Trust me, lots of people in the business world understand supply and demand. You will see it's effects all throughout your life. Good thing that you are aware of it at such a young age.
And at the risk of sounding like your mother....I saw a previous post where you listed your cell phone number. I wouldn't do that again, if I were you. Never know who might be calling you or worse than that if that number could be traced back to your address. Better to play it safe.
Vicky

Last edited by vicky!!!; 04-24-02 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-17-02, 08:42 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Thanks for caring! The number i gave is a pre paid number so all i had to do was fill in my name (and i didnt even give my real name) so theres no way to trace it to me, but thanks for watching out!

Maybe i got you mixed up w/ someone else, but that would be funny if you ran a stop cuz you were watching tv on your nav. system.
Old 04-18-02, 06:03 AM
LexFather

On the board Joylee visits pretty frequent and we had a Lexuslady (she was real cool) but she got a 540! There are I think 3 ladies with IS 300s here sometimes.
Old 04-18-02, 10:48 AM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default perhaps?

there are several here with SC430s but they don't want to disclose their gender.... perhaps being afraid of being ignored in posts, not taken seriously, etc. ????????
Old 04-18-02, 11:29 AM
LexFather

I also know of a LX470 lady owner on the board, I helped her out once....
Old 04-24-02, 04:49 AM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up It is a great place for girls to hang out

I have found very friendly and helpful men in these forums. Thanks for making me feel welcome, guys! It is a great source of information for a new Lexus driver.

And, boy oh boy, I do love driving my new car! It just makes me smile to look at it still. Do you think I am in the honeymoon stage?

Vicky
Old 04-24-02, 07:37 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Vicky,

You sound like a true car lover, so the honeymoon will never be over. I still pine for my NSX.
Old 04-24-02, 12:26 PM
jjspirer
Driver School Candidate

Vicky,
I'm here, just waiting for Lexus to finish the last minute things on my car, like the mount for my cell phone and some radar. Everyone on this forum has been great and convinced me to hold off on most things that Lexus offered. The one thing I want is "Xpel" or "StonGard" for the front end, but my dealer doesn't do it (in fact, doesn't recommend it) so I need to find someone else in the area to do it. It sounds like a necessity for a dark color like mine. I'm picking up the car on Friday, but I feel like driving over right now just to see it! I'm slightly nervous about the color since I only saw it once on a cloudy day. It was almost black and gorgeous. What happens when the sun comes out?!! I guess I'll soon find out.
Jennifer
Old 04-24-02, 01:22 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mmmmmm ... Jennifer ... Pine with Saddle just has to be one great-looking car. It was my second choice before I decided against a dark car. Please post some pics when you get it.

BTW ... did your dealer explain just why they do not recommend plastic protection? I'm thinking very seriously about it myself, so I am curious about their reasoning.
Old 04-24-02, 02:44 PM
jjspirer
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Plastic

The business manager told me that they had done it for a few customers in the past (applied by Lexus' source in New Jersey). In one instance, when the plastic was removed (which she said had to be done every three years, which I know isn't true) it badly damaged the paint. So they don't offer it. I think they just didn't find an experienced person to apply or remove the film. Or maybe the car owner tried to remove it him/herself without understanding how to do it properly. "StonGard" 's website www.stoneguard.com has some pretty good information about the process. Thanks for your optimism about the color!
Jennifer
Old 04-27-02, 01:56 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

wow, the pine with saddle is soosososososososososo nice.... ithink saddle looks good with everything, and the saddle in the sc cannot compare to the saddle in the CLK.

Quick Reply: Are there any other ladies in this forum?