SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Are there any other ladies in this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-02, 02:24 PM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yea!!!! another girl

Jennifer,
It's nice to know that another girl does exist in these forums! I'll bet your car is gorgeous. I haven't seen that color combo yet. Do you have any pics?
Vicky
Old 05-08-02, 07:57 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats Jennifer on a rare colour combo.. Before I got mine I was able to test drive a Midnight Pine on Ecru and honestly the day was cloudy and I thought the car was black.. Was only till I came back to the dealer with the car that the sun came out and then I saw the green which looked spectacular..

On a side note its good to see more ladies here to give us bull headed gentlemen some perspective.. Look forward to reading both yourself and Vicky's posts here on CL with regards to our wonderful SC430.. Happy motoring!

Ken
Old 05-10-02, 01:46 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, let's not forget about Emerald (drives an SC400). That's another girl that frequents the boards. Here's her website with pics of her custom SC, http://www.msemerald.com/ BTW, haven't seen much of Jooleee lately. (???) Welcome to the boards though Vicky and Jennifer. We need more ladies on this forum!!!
Old 05-11-02, 11:16 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Is emarld the lady who appears when you enter the site in black and white???????
Old 05-11-02, 11:46 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe so.
Old 05-16-02, 02:57 PM
Hexum
Driver School Candidate

Hi Vicky

Yes, there certainly are more women in this forum (well... at least one more).

Maybe you can tell me if you have this problem as well -- my boyfriend thinks that my SC (currently on order here in Denver) is a nice ride, but doesn't understand why "it costs so much -- it's just a car" he says. Oh well... some men just will never understand why a top of the line performance machine is necessary for a woman to own.

Old 05-16-02, 03:25 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Welcome to ClubLexus Hexum.. Good to see so many women with good taste in cars..

As for your boyfriend just let him take a spin in it when it arrives and he WILL understand why.. Just my 2 cents!

Ken
Old 05-16-02, 04:29 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Hexum ... some people are car people and some aren't.

An ex-coworker of mine and his wife saw me and my SC at the local market and thought the SC was very nice. They still drive a 1991 something-or-other nondescript American sedan and yet they have enough money to buy and sell me without blinking.
Old 05-30-02, 03:43 PM
Bryan
Pole Position

Default Hexum

If you are interested, we have a colorado lexus club in denver. There are 12 member so far and we looking to expand the group. email me at bryanpham@hotmail.com if you would like more informations.
Old 05-31-02, 07:26 AM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Post You go girl!!!!

Hi Hexum,
Glad to meet yet another girl on this forum and to read that a girl loves these beauties! (See, guys, there are girls with taste in cars....oh, sorry, that was another thread) What color combo did you order? Are you getting a 2003 model?

My husband wanted me to get a CLK430....but after test driving the SC there was less than no chance of that happening. What does your boyfriend drive? If he isn't a car buff, he might not understand, initially.....but the SC430 is not "just a car". Once you cruise along with your top down and the Mark Levinson sound system cranked up with your favorite music playing, he will surely be sold! If not, check his pulse and see if he is breathing.

I've had my gorgeous baby since April 6th and I am still so impressed with it! It is undoubtedly my favorite car I have owned to date and I have had some nice automobiles. You have made the right choice and unless the boyfriend is helping to pay for it...
what difference does it make if he gets it or not?

Best wishes,
Vicky
Old 06-03-02, 08:06 AM
Hexum
Driver School Candidate

Talking Update to the boyfriend situation

Hi all,

Just an update to my boyfriend situation (he's the guy who didn't get my infatuation with such a fine automobile). Have been waiting and waiting for the car, and so took him down to the dealership to take another look.

Well, driving is believing. I had him drive it, and he is now also in love with the car! Smart boy.

I'm waiting for my Egyptian Sand or Silver with Saddle interior. From what I'm hearing from the dealer, Saddle is difficult to find paired with Silver.
Old 06-03-02, 01:33 PM
LexFather

Just found out there is a LexusMommy on board with an ES 300! She posted her pic in the lobby!
Old 06-03-02, 05:33 PM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Hexum, there's hope for him, afterall

Glad to read that the boyfriend caught on! But, I thought driving the snazziest car on the road would surely do the trick. I haven't seen an Egyptian Sand/Saddle color combonation.....but, I thought that would be a beautiful choice. That would be one classy car for sure. I have seen the silver more than any other SC.....but usually with the black interior...I've seen a couple with the ecru and it is really sharp, too. I'm not sure I would put the saddle with the silver, though....but to each their own. I say hold out for the Egyptian Sand and Saddle in my humble opinion. Whatever you get will be worth the wait.
Best wishes,
Vicky
Old 06-03-02, 05:41 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Hexum,

Must agree with Vicky on this one.. Silver and Saddle isn't a combination that sits well in my stomach.. However Egyptian Sand and Saddle is a very sweet combo in my books and to be honest the only other colour I would do with Saddle is Black.. Perhaps Midnight Pine too but I think that looks sweet with either the Black or Ecru interior..

Glad you got your boyfriend to change his tongue on the SC430.. Just don't let him drive it by himself..
Old 06-04-02, 06:16 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I like the saddle leather the best... does it add anything to the MSRP, because i know if you want saddle/fillipino leather in a CLK320/430, you have to pay an extra 6k for the wheel and shift **** along with the leather.

Quick Reply: Are there any other ladies in this forum?