SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

License Plate Bracket Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 06:56 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, fotch, your car is absolutely beautiful. One of my favorites.
Old 08-08-09, 11:16 PM
fotch
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Farkas, sorry 'bout that... should've scrolled to the top of the pictures instead of taking the name below them.

Anyway, those hide away plates are pretty cool. But, I just see them getting ripped off because our cars are so low.
Old 08-09-09, 03:50 PM
Hey Johnny
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
You could always go the motorized hidden route:

Hidden front tag
I had that and loved it. You need to find a good place to mount it though. If your car is too low like mine then you run the risk of breaking it like I did.

I think I paid around $167 shipped.
Old 08-09-09, 04:17 PM
fotch
Rookie

Too Cool, thanks for the compliment but that's not mine... here's mine
'93 SC400 with 150,000 miles on it and an '06 SC430.
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Bracket Help-dsc02131.jpg  
Old 08-09-09, 10:15 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are those the Tourmaline wheels? That's what I have on my car. They come on the 2009 SC 430 Pebble Beach edition.
Old 08-09-09, 11:15 PM
fotch
Rookie

TooCool, yes they are. I swapped the stock 5 spokes out shortly after I picked up the car ... well worth the $990 it cost me to do it!
Old 08-14-09, 07:26 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I could find a bracket like the one in the first pic of this thread, I wouldn't mind mounting my front plate. It's hard to believe that after eight years, not even Lexus has come up with a bracket that fits the contours of the car.
Old 08-14-09, 03:51 PM
fotch
Rookie

Nice,

You're in luck, after a week of asking and researching I found the LX Mode bracket like in the 1st picture. Even better news, it comes painted to match the color of your car... can't get it any other way. The bad news or maybe not so bad news for some of you is that the price is $240 + $35 shipping and you'll have to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive from Japan. If you're still interested PM me, I have a contact for you.

I opted for a Skene bracket, should get it tomorrow. I'll post some pics once I put it on. It won't be as pretty but I paid less than $60.
Old 08-16-09, 09:41 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the information, fotch.

Occasionally over the years, I'd search the 'net for a bracket, but this one never showed up. What a ridiculously high price! I can buy a lot of very nice wine for 275 bucks.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your Skene bracket, but seeing as how I've gotten by without a front plate for eight years (with only a mild suggestion from a State Trooper), I just might forget the whole thing.
Old 08-31-09, 05:19 PM
fotch
Rookie

Finally, here's a couple of pics of the Skene bracket. Couldn't find my battery charger for the camera, had to wait for a new one from Amazon. Anyway, this is what it looks like on the car. Their website has all the details if you're interested. It comes in three sizes (bottom mounting brackets), they don't list the SC but the small one fits perfect. I have mine adjusted about a 1/4" off the bumper so it doesn't rub, although it comes with two small rubber pads to keep any metal away from the paint. The only holes are under the car so when I get to a state without a front plate I don't have to plug, fill or paint the bumper and I can live with it being mounted below centered between the grill and bottom of the bumper.
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Bracket Help-dsc02247.jpg   License Plate Bracket Help-dsc02246.jpg   License Plate Bracket Help-dsc02241.jpg  
Old 08-31-09, 09:50 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...yea I'm in Tx also and have never had a problem with it..sometimes I think alot depends on the car. I had a Suburban w/22 in wheels,etc.., and no plate...but got stop a few times;luckily no ticket...but in the 430 I've had no problems at all and no issue when having it inspected...but I do know,it could be a reason to pull you over,if they wanted to ed
Old 09-21-13, 07:46 AM
drig101
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fotch
Nice,

You're in luck, after a week of asking and researching I found the LX Mode bracket like in the 1st picture. Even better news, it comes painted to match the color of your car... can't get it any other way. The bad news or maybe not so bad news for some of you is that the price is $240 + $35 shipping and you'll have to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive from Japan. If you're still interested PM me, I have a contact for you.

I opted for a Skene bracket, should get it tomorrow. I'll post some pics once I put it on. It won't be as pretty but I paid less than $60.
Fotch

I am looking for contact info for LX front license plate bracket...can you help?
Old 09-28-13, 11:25 AM
fotch
Rookie

drig101, I'm on the road right now and won't have time to look for the info until I get home...if I can find it I'll PM you or post it here. Should be within the week.
Old 09-30-13, 04:16 AM
drig101
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fotch
drig101, I'm on the road right now and won't have time to look for the info until I get home...if I can find it I'll PM you or post it here. Should be within the week.
Fotch

My sc 430 is 2007.....I found a web site but it it had Chinese and English and no prices, and nothing listed for 2007. Is it a bracket or whole bumper cover? I just googled the company. LX Mode. I have seen a couple of pics with the front plate like the one in the pic and it is just Awesome,pricey but tasty!
Old 10-03-13, 12:30 PM
ALBINO
Rookie

Originally Posted by drig101
Fotch

My sc 430 is 2007.....I found a web site but it it had Chinese and English and no prices, and nothing listed for 2007. Is it a bracket or whole bumper cover? I just googled the company. LX Mode. I have seen a couple of pics with the front plate like the one in the pic and it is just Awesome,pricey but tasty!
Hey guys do what the Germans do for their cars. They go get a vinyl plate made and stick it on the front. There are no screws to use because there is adhesive on the back of the vinyl plate. It stays on even if you are going 150 MPH on the Auto Bahn....

Quick Reply: License Plate Bracket Help