SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Ecru leather touch up

Old 09-06-09, 05:02 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like an awesome product, have to try it someday, this is an excellent thread!
Old 09-08-09, 10:16 AM
mhoepfin
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I had before and after pictures, but today I had someone come by from a local Leather Medic franchise to re-dye the drivers seat, armrest, console cover, and passenger headrest. He was telling me how Lexus basically uses $6 can paint on the seats and his franchise uses some expensive $150 dye when they restore them. Not sure on that, but the car looks fantastic now!

He also fixed a small tear in the front seat of our Pacifica. All totaled, $300 for both cars and well worth it.
Old 09-09-09, 02:18 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if SEM makes a dye for saddle? I found the large color chart online (40+ colors) but didn't see anything that looked like a match. Looking to touch up one small spot on the armrest. Thanks
Old 09-09-09, 04:07 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JJG2005
Does anyone know if SEM makes a dye for saddle? I found the large color chart online (40+ colors) but didn't see anything that looked like a match. Looking to touch up one small spot on the armrest. Thanks
Looks like the same company makes one called Camel (15173) and another called Saddle Tan (15033).

Here's are the links to them. I think the Camel looks more like Lexus' "Saddle" color, but I can't say with any certainty. Maybe you could call them and ask them if they know which color is most like the "Saddle" leather used by Lexus. Seems like they should know. If not, the people that do it for a living should know. Maybe ask your Lexus dealer who they use to restore leather in used cars.

Here's the link for the Camel. I think this looks the closest.

http://www.amazon.com/Color-Camel-Ae...2537215&sr=1-2

And here's the link for the Saddle Tan (I think this looks too brown though...not enough of the orangey tint to it, IMO).

http://www.amazon.com/Color-Saddle-A...2537014&sr=1-1
Old 09-09-09, 04:16 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Here's the one they call Camel. Looks like a close match to me.
Attached Thumbnails Ecru leather touch up-41ctopkjy0l._ss500_.jpg  
Old 09-09-09, 04:17 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

And here's the one they actually call "Saddle Tan," but it looks too brown to me.
Attached Thumbnails Ecru leather touch up-41ybz-vuv3l._ss500_.jpg  
Old 09-09-09, 05:07 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Lexus called the "orangey" leather in the SC 430 "Saddle" from 2002 to 2005. Then, they went to another color called "Camel" from 2006 to current (it was more of a light brown color).

I think the Camel spray by SEM matches the older "Saddle" interior. The "Saddle Tan" SEM spray looks too dark to match the current "Camel".
Attached Thumbnails Ecru leather touch up-0901a.07-1.jpg   Ecru leather touch up-41ctopkjy0l._ss500_.jpg  
Old 09-09-09, 06:03 PM
norman52
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to any automotive paint supply house that also carries the Sem product line and bring your interior color number and they can mix you a quart to custom match your interior. Then go buy a Preval sprayer http://www.prevalspraygun.com/ and you can touch up all you want.
Old 10-20-09, 07:24 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got this done yesterday.

Looks great.

Texture is just a bit grainy (it feels like BMW leather now ), but otherwise, I think it'll smoothen a little bit more with some leather conditioning. I'll do an interior detail later today...
Old 02-01-10, 07:30 AM
norman52
Intermediate

Well, it has been one year now since I had the seats done. the passenger seat and the center console still look brand new. The drivers side seat back looks great but the seat cushion is starting to look just a tad bit worn. I think I will just wipe down the seat cushion and give it a quick touch up and the interior will look new again. So far I am a happy customer.

If all i have to do is invest maybe 15 minutes once a year to have a like new interior then I think this is worth it.
Old 03-05-10, 11:37 AM
Lexus62
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Norman for all the helpful information on the paint. I am still curious as how it looks today.
Old 03-05-10, 12:52 PM
norman52
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lexus62
Thanks Norman for all the helpful information on the paint. I am still curious as how it looks today.
The seats still look great. I had to touch up the very front bolster of the drivers seat. Mostly it was the cracks starting to show again. Not enough to even bother to mask. i just used an old beach towel and draped it around everything and in less than 5 seconds the touch up was over. The center console and passenger seat still look like new.
Old 03-09-10, 06:00 PM
dag8882
Driver

Thanks Norm for the great advice on the ecur leather touch up, the job came out great except...
theirs one deep crack that didnt seem to get filled and was wondering if anyone in CL knew of something i could possibly purchase to fill it in??
gurus of CL please feel free to chime in, this question is not derected jus to Norm.
Thanks guys, look forward to reading some responses.
Old 03-09-10, 06:25 PM
norman52
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dag8882
Thanks Norm for the great advice on the ecur leather touch up, the job came out great except...
theirs one deep crack that didnt seem to get filled and was wondering if anyone in CL knew of something i could possibly purchase to fill it in??
gurus of CL please feel free to chime in, this question is not derected jus to Norm.
Thanks guys, look forward to reading some responses.
Try this stuff. it works pretty good

http://www.leatherique.com/do_it_you...r_application/
Old 03-10-10, 04:32 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does any one know about " sanding" the cracks on the seats? Is this part of the resto project ? SCdroptop mentioned this to me, but I am unsure about further details..sanding is supposed to make the lines/cracking go away..
Katy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ecru leather touch up