SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How much $$$ to have Luxlink installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 04:04 PM
mr_gs400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much $$$ to have Luxlink installed

I got my luxlink in from Steve yesterday, and now i'm looking around for someone to install it. I was wondering how much anyone else has spent having the system installed on their SC. Thanks
Old 04-23-09, 04:38 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I installed mine with help from a member who lived near Baltimore Md . He charged me
$ 175.00. I have heard of some installers charging anywhere from $ 400.00 and up. I would not buy the luxlink till I found an installer. Did you ask Steve if he could recomend someone.

Did you buy the remote start and remote top as a combo ?
Did you buy the rear quarter window module ?

I have found this to be the best mod I have done to my car . Its really cool.

Buddy
Old 04-23-09, 07:13 PM
mr_gs400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks mrblister, I bought the remote top/starter combo. I did talk to steve but there's no one in this area. I received a quote of $350 - $400 from a very well known shop here, so i just wanted to make sure that was the going rate.
Old 04-24-09, 05:48 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mr_gs400
thanks mrblister, I bought the remote top/starter combo. I did talk to steve but there's no one in this area. I received a quote of $350 - $400 from a very well known shop here, so i just wanted to make sure that was the going rate.
Have they done the install on a sc 430 before?

When they go to install the hardest thing to do sometimes is to get to the hood pin wire. The purpose of this wire is so in the event your hood is open the remote start will not work, When i installed mine it was very dificult to reach the correct wire pin we needed to so. So we opted to not install it and just ran that wire to a 12 volt positive source, You will find that most members wind up installing it that way. there are several that did by the book but it really increases the time of the install. I asked you if you considered the 1/4 window mod. I wanted it so i can control my rear windows my self . I am able to have all 4 windows up when the top id down and that does make the interior a lot less windy. I also like to ride with all 4 windows down if i Have the top up. Just look better that way.

Good Luck
Old 04-24-09, 05:50 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
...the 1/4 window mod. I wanted it so i can control my rear windows my self . I am able to have all 4 windows up when the top id down and that does make the interior a lot less windy. I also like to ride with all 4 windows down if i Have the top up. Just look better that way....
Hi mrblister,
How are the 1/4 windows controlled w/this mod?
Old 04-24-09, 06:15 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

The 1/4 window mod is separate module that install under the back seat and you splice wires into both rear window motors. The luxlink then has wires that connect to the 1/4 window module. You do have to take out the rear bottom seat as well as back seat. and also rear seat side trim. Its not hard to do just have to take your time. Once its installed this is how you control the rear windows. Once you put the front drivers and passenger front window down. You press the front drivers side window down switch 3 times then the 1/4 windows will start to go down first the drivers side then the passenger side. the reason they dont retract exactly at the same time is to prevent overloading the motor circuit. Once there down if you want to raise them you tripple click the drivers side window button down again and the windows come up. There are some small quirks but if you follow the instructions the windows work perfect.

Last edited by mrblister; 04-24-09 at 06:20 PM.