SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Sc430 Key/ECU programming sc 430

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-09, 06:30 PM
tlinderw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc430 Key/ECU programming sc 430

Bought a '02 SC430 project car for my son and I with no keys and a blown engine. Just finished replacing the engine and sent my ECU to Sewell and had it flashed and bought one master key from them. Installed in car and cannot get security light to stop flashing with new key installed. Spent the last week reading the posts on here. The only thing I can find is a couple references that say I need three master keys not just one after a flash of the ECU in order for the reflashed ECU to complete it's programming and recognize the keys.
1. Has anyone else been in the same situation?
2. Do I need three master keys after the flash?

Thanks.
Old 03-07-09, 09:03 AM
farkas
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tlinderw
Bought a '02 SC430 project car for my son and I with no keys and a blown engine. Just finished replacing the engine and sent my ECU to Sewell and had it flashed and bought one master key from them. Installed in car and cannot get security light to stop flashing with new key installed. Spent the last week reading the posts on here. The only thing I can find is a couple references that say I need three master keys not just one after a flash of the ECU in order for the reflashed ECU to complete it's programming and recognize the keys.
1. Has anyone else been in the same situation?
2. Do I need three master keys after the flash?

Thanks.
The security light flashing is telling you that the key has not been programmed to the ECU. It is not matched to the car. Sewell must not have gotten it programmed correctly. You will probably have to send it back for a second try. Once this is programmed , you will only need 1 key to duplicate. If you want to talk to someone that does this for a living, call Tami from this site. She was ill for awhile but I think she is back on her feet. She helped me out!!!! GL

http://www.toy-lex.com/programming22.html