SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Sc430 Power Windows Dont Work!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-09, 08:16 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Sc430 Power Windows Dont Work!!

WTF.. i mean.. it worked yesterday.. but today.. it wont roll up or down.. is there some way i can fix it.. or replace it?
Old 01-28-09, 09:31 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Make sure you dont have the passengers window on lock out. There is a switch on the drivers side to lock the passengerers window. You did not say if both windows did not work. What happens to the windows if you put the top down.

Buddy
Old 01-28-09, 09:53 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

You have not read the first thread have you?
Old 01-28-09, 09:56 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, you have to chill out. He's just trying to help. Besides, your first post on this thread said nothing about checking the window switch.
Old 01-28-09, 10:03 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

IT was supposed to be a joke
Old 01-29-09, 01:41 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_K
Dude, you have to chill out. He's just trying to help. Besides, your first post on this thread said nothing about checking the window switch.
+1

I would say 90% of your questions can be answered by searching and yet you keep on making new threads, also your never short of sarcastic comments if anyone doesn’t give you the exact answer your looking for...

Relax a little and treat the fellow members with some respect and we might just show you the same….
Old 01-29-09, 04:39 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said Tommy
Old 01-29-09, 06:08 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

I agree. The original post was self-contradictory: the heading is plural "Power windows dont [sic] work" while the message is singular "it wont [sic again, perhaps indicating a missing apostrophe key on the OP's computer] roll up . . ."
The antecedent of "it," of course, is never identified as to driver's side or passenger's side. Then Mr. "Rahstyles" gets testy because we didn't read his original message carefully enough, although repeated readings fail to yield clarity. In fact, he gets so testy that he forgets the required comma.
Maybe he didn't read his own "first thread," did he?
Or his second.
Old 01-29-09, 06:42 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

I guess the saying no good deed goes unpunished is true. I am some time amazed at the way people communicate. You can feel the meaness in there words. I simply was trying to help a member and I get the {YOU DID NOT READ THE FIRST THREAD ** Guess what I wont be responding to any more of your problems. I have communicated with many members of the club and I have gained invaluable knowledge . Most mods I have done my self because of the help kindness and good wishes of others .

Albert Einstein once said

"YOU STAND MUCH TALLER WHEN YOU STAND ON THE SHOULDERS OF OTHERS "

Buddy
Old 01-29-09, 07:48 AM
tfischer

I agree with Mrblister, of course. In fact, upon reading the initial post, I was going to respond with the same tip to check the lockout button, because that happened to me once just before a road trip, and I spent about 5 panicky moments fearing a day on the highway with an open window.
Which is a big reason for the forum: passing along solutions based on experience.
Some folks don't seem to appreciate the volunteer nature and the kindness involved in the participation of others.
Let's don't let the rudeness of a few kill the buzz.
Old 01-29-09, 09:18 AM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

What the heck? I wasnt trying to be mean to anybody.. And nobody said anything about me not appreciating any help... it was a joke... ( ITs supposed to be funni?)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...indow-kit.html

?

A teacher once said

" dont get your panties in a bunch"
Old 01-29-09, 09:46 AM
tfischer

A wiser man than your teacher observed that the idea is not to run from the storm but is rather to learn to dance in the rain.
Old 01-29-09, 11:09 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

While attempting to not wade too deep into this quagmire, I just want to say to Rahstyles...I got it. I got the joke even before I opened the thread! And I chuckled. Actually, my FIRST thought was "This must be the guy trying to sell the power window kit mentioned in the previous tread...and he's trying to spread rumors that the power windows ARE unreliable."
Old 01-29-09, 11:29 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

The original thread was that

WTF.. i mean.. it worked yesterday.. but today.. it wont roll up or down.. is there some way i can fix it.. or replace it?

The answer I gave was
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you dont have the passengers window on lock out. There is a switch on the drivers side to lock the passengerers window. You did not say if both windows did not work. What happens to the windows if you put the top down.

Buddy

Your reply was
You have not read the first thread have you?

I cant find the humor in this

The other thread I started about the ebay vendor selling a bogus kit for the sc430 windows. I brought it to the CL attention that this had to be some dumb vendor trying to drum up buisness with a universal window kit to convert a manual windows to electric
I made the refferance that we should stuff his email full of dumb questions, It was obvious he was a poser since he insisted that his kit replaced the sc430 window motors because the car had a reputation of having window problems .

I was not offended by the remark that I did not read the thread . I did read the original windows dont work thread . I responded in a proper fashion .

Lets just make peace and forget the whole issue

BUddy
Old 01-29-09, 11:55 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I didn't think this thread was funny.

I got a feeling it was a joke from the Ebay power windor thread. That's why I didn't responded.

I know Toyota's power window very rarely fail, I had a 87' Celica that I owned for 19 years, I had the car stored for 1~2 years with the battery disconnected, and everything works after I connected the battery back up. The power window never fail in all of 19 years, and that was a much lower end Celica.

Quick Reply: Sc430 Power Windows Dont Work!!