SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Little known tips/tricks for the SC430

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-08, 10:02 AM
stw
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm going to have to try this too! nice work!
Old 03-30-08, 10:35 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keeper15
OK that looks nice!

What steps to get that to happen and what steps to bring back to normal...
I'm with KEEPER15 on this! What are the steps? Is this done without any modifications?
Old 03-30-08, 05:49 PM
tobe08
Driver School Candidate

Default Gamma Lex's Wheels

Gamma Lex,

I Love The Wheels!

What Brand Are Those?

Would You Be Willing To Sale The Wheels?
Old 03-30-08, 08:16 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tobe08
Gamma Lex,

I Love The Wheels!

What Brand Are Those?

Would You Be Willing To Sale The Wheels?
Those wheels are long gone. They were 19" Rays Lexion x503. Heres me new setup. To roll the rear windows up or down to tap the drivers window down 3x. The catchn is you must have the module from Luxlink.

Old 03-31-08, 02:15 AM
4onenight
Driver

well for people without the module im glad that i actually gave you guys some info that was usefull wich made me hapier to be part of clublexus, and since im still a new member i feel much more relieved about asking you guys for so much help so again thank you
Old 04-03-08, 12:58 PM
whokiid
Driver

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Those wheels are long gone. They were 19" Rays Lexion x503. Heres me new setup.

that is a nice setup. diggin that rear splitter. is that carbon fiber or just painted black?
Old 06-02-08, 02:19 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

OK, so this thread gpt kinda highjacked, but here's something I discovered by accident.

On a multi-segment trip, the nav indicates the time/distance to the next destination. But if you touch that on the screen, it will then splay out and show you the time/destination to EACH stop cumulatively.
Old 06-02-08, 05:56 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I've been trying to think of something to add to this thread. Here's what I came up with...maybe everyone already knew this one but here goes...

How to override the you're-too-stupid-to-operate-the-navigation-system-while-you're-driving lockout.

I think most folks know that if you go to the "DVD" screen and hit...

Upper-left, lower-left, upper-left, lower-left, lower-right...

you get the secret hidden menu. Press and hold "Override" (until it turns blue) then hit "back" and you can then use the Nav. system while driving.

I've used this trick for a long time but, the limitation with it is, the DVD button is greyed out WHILE you're driving so, you have to do this when stopped. You have to know ahead of time that you're going to want to use the Nav. while you're in motion.

What I recently learned is that you can do the same button-sequence trick on the "Language"/I Agree screen...and this works WHILE the car is moving!!

If you've just started the Nav. and haven't hit the "I Agree" button, you can do the up-down-up-down-right trick and get to the hidden menu.

If you're already using the Nav, and the car is in motion, hit the "INFO" button, choose "Language from the 3 choices, and you're back at the "I Agree" screen and can do the trick.

Like I said, maybe everyone already knows this but, I only recently learned about doing it while the car was moving.

Later.
The following users liked this post:
HardTimes (03-29-22)
Old 06-02-08, 09:06 PM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good one, Habious. Never heard of that one. Have to try it next time I'm in the SC.

Also, excellently written "Reader's Digest" version of removing the center console. Very helpful.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=358341

Thanks!
Old 06-02-08, 09:14 PM
swooopeno
Driver School Candidate

After about a week of driving, I thought my side mirror motors were bad. When in reverse, sometimes they would swivel down, othertimes they would not. Finally figured out they only go down when the L/R mirror switch is NOT in the center position (or do I have it opposite?). This is probably in the manual, but I'm too lazy to read it!
Old 06-03-08, 08:48 AM
JTMav
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Habious
I've been trying to think of something to add to this thread. Here's what I came up with...maybe everyone already knew this one but here goes...

How to override the you're-too-stupid-to-operate-the-navigation-system-while-you're-driving lockout.

I think most folks know that if you go to the "DVD" screen and hit...

Upper-left, lower-left, upper-left, lower-left, lower-right...

you get the secret hidden menu. Press and hold "Override" (until it turns blue) then hit "back" and you can then use the Nav. system while driving.

I've used this trick for a long time but, the limitation with it is, the DVD button is greyed out WHILE you're driving so, you have to do this when stopped. You have to know ahead of time that you're going to want to use the Nav. while you're in motion.

What I recently learned is that you can do the same button-sequence trick on the "Language"/I Agree screen...and this works WHILE the car is moving!!

If you've just started the Nav. and haven't hit the "I Agree" button, you can do the up-down-up-down-right trick and get to the hidden menu.

If you're already using the Nav, and the car is in motion, hit the "INFO" button, choose "Language from the 3 choices, and you're back at the "I Agree" screen and can do the trick.

Like I said, maybe everyone already knows this but, I only recently learned about doing it while the car was moving.

Later.
I believe that all you have to do while driving is to hit the "Volume" button and proceed with the up-down etc. to override the lockout.

JTMav
Old 06-03-08, 03:31 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Had to jack up the car today to change a flat tire. The jack is under a clip. I thought the clips might spring back to let the jack out, but the clips really didn't want to move at all.

It took me forever to figure out that although the jack looks like it is retracted, you have to use your fingers to further retract it so it can come out of the clips.
Old 06-03-08, 04:35 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JTMav
I believe that all you have to do while driving is to hit the "Volume" button and proceed with the up-down etc. to override the lockout.

JTMav
U mean hold the volume button??
Old 06-03-08, 06:00 PM
Habious

Originally Posted by JTMav

JTMav
I tried the up-down-up-down-right sequence on the volume screen and couldn't get the hidden menu to come up.

Was thinking, I should probably mention that I'm running a Gen 2/3 Nav. system with version 6.1 Nav. disk.
Old 06-03-08, 06:05 PM
Habious

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Had to jack up the car today to change a flat tire. The jack is under a clip. I thought the clips might spring back to let the jack out, but the clips really didn't want to move at all.

It took me forever to figure out that although the jack looks like it is retracted, you have to use your fingers to further retract it so it can come out of the clips.
JohnnyCake,

I use the back end of the factory lug-wrench (stowed just to the left of the jack in the trunk) to tighten/loosen the jack. If you make sure it's snug, it won't rattle in the trunk (Installing my CarPC, I've had that darn trunk apart too many times to count - could do it with my eyes closed now).

I can also remove the headrests and entire backseat in under 4 minutes. That's a useful skill that deserves a place on my résumé.

Quick Reply: Little known tips/tricks for the SC430