SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 wheel spacer/adapter Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-08, 08:20 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

farkas,

That look AWESOME!! I am with you, my preference now is totally stock, I love those 06'+ stock wheels! I had a bunch of different aftermarket wheels before on my previous cars, the more I look at them, the more I dislike them and prefer the stock wheels. I guess I am tired of aftermarket wheels. Stock wheels look so tasteful!

I am going to do the exact same thing when I get my SC430

Any chance you have side shot pics of your car?

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-10-08, 10:15 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Farkas,

You have 25mm in front and 30mm in back? Is it just me or does the rear wheels still don't look as flush as the front?
Old 01-20-09, 12:57 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Check this out, I just came across this pic of a SC430 that I assumed was shown by corporate Lexus at a major auto show that got wheel spacers on!

Old 01-20-09, 05:57 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Check this out, I just came across this pic of a SC430 that I assumed was shown by corporate Lexus at a major auto show that got wheel spacers on!

Good eye!!!!!! Even Lexus thinks the wheels need to come out!!!!
Old 01-20-09, 07:08 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by farkas
Good eye!!!!!! Even Lexus thinks the wheels need to come out!!!!
Yeah I am sure they knew everything, just for a weird reason that they didn't push them out

It looks SO MUCH better!
Old 07-18-09, 11:43 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

It sure takes a long time to get the uncommon 30mm spacers from Kics, but finally I got them on the car today. It looks SO MUCH better!!

Thank you for your advice Farkas! 30mm is the perfect size for the back, it looks pretty much like the above Lexus show car.

I am still waiting for the hub centric ring for the front, I will post pics as soon as I get them on the car.
Old 07-19-09, 06:56 AM
farkas
Lead Lap

It sure takes a long time to get the uncommon 30mm spacers from Kics, but finally I got them on the car today. It looks SO MUCH better!!

Thank you for your advice Farkas! 30mm is the perfect size for the back, it looks pretty much like the above Lexus show car.

I am still waiting for the hub centric ring for the front, I will post pics as soon as I get them on the car.
I think so too! I really like the OEM Black Chrome Wheels that I put on my SC with the spacers on them. The car looks very Custom but it is still Stock.
Name:  n2.jpg
Views: 3345
Size:  84.4 KB
Old 07-23-09, 12:15 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I think so too! I really like the OEM Black Chrome Wheels that I put on my SC with the spacers on them. The car looks very Custom but it is still Stock.
I love everything you did to your car, and I mean it, I don't say that lightly.

It is my new direction too, my new preference is using all stock parts, but making the car look a lot more aggressive. Push out the coolest/biggest stock wheels available with spacers, then lower the car. Which is exactly what you have done, it looks perfect!

I wish I can lower my SC430, but my wife drives it, and she is not very careful, lowering it would result in damage. But with the spacers alone, the car already looks much better!
Old 07-23-09, 04:29 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...I wish I can lower my SC430, but my wife drives it, and she is not very careful, lowering it would result in damage. But with the spacers alone, the car already looks much better!
You can lower the car just a bit to achieve a lowered 'look' without having to worry about damage. Before I really lowered my car it was only dropped approx. 3/4" and my wife drove it regularly without damaging anything.... and that's saying a lot !
Old 07-23-09, 04:48 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by intdiamond
You can lower the car just a bit to achieve a lowered 'look' without having to worry about damage. Before I really lowered my car it was only dropped approx. 3/4" and my wife drove it regularly without damaging anything.... and that's saying a lot !
Let's put it this way, the car is 100% stock height now, and she scraped the lower front bumper once already, what do you think happen with any amount of lowering?

There are different level of carelessness, your wife sounds like is a lot more careful then my wife
Old 08-22-09, 07:09 AM
farkas
Lead Lap

I have been asked a few times about the spacers used. Here is the info on the spacers and where I got them. I have no interest in the sites ....Just passing on the links to help CL members!

H&R Spacers

Part No.: 6065601
Type : DRM
Bolt Pattern : 5x114.3
Width, mm : 30
Center Bore : 60.1
Thread : 12x1.5
Bolt/Stud : Stud

http://autosportstyle.com/shop/toyot...s-p-58144.html

Part No.: 5065601
Type : DRM
Bolt Pattern : 5x114.3
Width, mm : 25
Center Bore : 60.1
Thread : 12x1.5
Bolt/Stud : Stud
Notes : If the depth of the wheel spacer is smaller than the length of the standard studs, the wheels used must allow for small cavities in the mounting pad of the wheel. If using wheels without cavities, the standard studs should be shortened so that they do not extend beyond the height of the spacer.

http://autosportstyle.com/shop/toyot...s-p-58143.html

· Wheel Spacers are available as a set of 2.

· Kit come complete with all necessary wheel bolts, studs and nuts.

They are showing that they are out of stock but they can order them from their supplier. I would give them a call or here is another source. Have not used them but they show them in stock.

http://store.allsprings.com/shared/S...unt2=545234322

Go to Toyota, Rav4, spacers..

Last edited by farkas; 08-22-09 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-09-09, 02:43 PM
davidskelm
Driver School Candidate

After you installed the 25mm front and 30mm rear did you did car the car alligned?
Old 11-09-09, 08:10 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davidskelm
After you installed the 25mm front and 30mm rear did you did car the car alligned?
You can put them on and not align the car and it should be OK. I aligned my car because I had a shimmy that I was trying to get rid of. The alignment worked.
Old 11-10-09, 05:58 AM
davidskelm
Driver School Candidate

Default allignment

You can put them on and not align the car and it should be OK. I aligned my car because I had a shimmy that I was trying to get rid of. The alignment worked.
Thanks for the quick answer. I've read that in previous posts that tire stores likes won't do allignments on cars with spacers, is this true? Also, I found hubsentric spacers that came with "built in" rings (a lip if you will) to keep the spacer centered. Were your spacers like this?

Last edited by davidskelm; 11-10-09 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-10-09, 06:57 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davidskelm
Thanks for the quick answer. I've read that in previous posts that tire stores likes won't do allignments on cars with spacers, is this true? Also, I found hubsentric spacers that came with "built in" rings (a lip if you will) to keep the spacer centered. Were your spacers like this?
I haven't had any problems getting an alignment. No my spacers were all one piece that are hubcentric. They are as close to stock as can be. Shops have problems with spacers that do not attach to the car and are just wedged in between the wheel and the hub. Do not use this type. They are dangerous as they take up the threads and therefore the wheel is not as secure on the car.

Quick Reply: SC430 wheel spacer/adapter Advice