SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Do people still comment on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09, 08:24 AM
vipergts
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know it's strange...I think it depends a lot on where you live. I live in Fairfax, VA where nothing short of a lambo or ferrari draws some attention. I have a B/W Dodge Viper Coupe and I hardly get any attention in THAT car. HOwever when I take the viper out of town the attention factor goes exponentially higher. I dont have an SC (just an ls430) but I would love to get one - it's one gorgeous car imho, but I doubt it will get much attention, stares or compliments where I live - I see at least 25-30 SC's and even more C6 vettes and Porches driving around every day.

Originally Posted by jason702
clean car = compliments.

yesterday i was almost finished washing my car, just spraying the tires. a dad and his kid walk by. the kid says, "i want that car when i grow up?" the dad says, "you want that car?" "yeah." "well you better do good in school and get all As. that car is going to cost a lot of money." "ok."

then today i drove to the grocery store. a guy stopped me in the parking lot and asked how much i paid for my car. i told him i bought it used a few years ago for a little under 30. he couldn't believe it was used. he thought it was brand new. when i told him he could find one now for under 20, he said he was going to start looking when he got home.
Old 04-09-09, 09:19 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vipergts
You know it's strange...I think it depends a lot on where you live. I live in Fairfax, VA where nothing short of a lambo or ferrari draws some attention. I have a B/W Dodge Viper Coupe and I hardly get any attention in THAT car. HOwever when I take the viper out of town the attention factor goes exponentially higher. I dont have an SC (just an ls430) but I would love to get one - it's one gorgeous car imho, but I doubt it will get much attention, stares or compliments where I live - I see at least 25-30 SC's and even more C6 vettes and Porches driving around every day.
i live in vegas. and the funny thing is you see a lot of nice cars. i live less than 5 miles from work and i'll pass at least 3 or 4 $100,000+ cars on my way to work. i think a lot of it has to do with debadging it and running custom wheels. people see it and don't know what it is. they just know they like it. a couple days ago i pulled into a sandwich shop. i got out and some guy said, "man, that's one sweet ride. i've never seen one of those before." i told him it was a lexus and he asked if it was a new model that just came out.
Old 04-09-09, 10:04 AM
Will 3
Driver School Candidate

All the time.
Old 04-10-09, 07:58 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by guyc
the best is when your at a light and decide to put the top down people dont understand how this hard top is now a convertible.... :-) thats the best part of it for me.
if it's over 55 degrees my top is down. There's this one intersection near my home when a red light is 2minutes, that's where i lower the top, it drives people crazy. One guy once yelled "show off". I yelled back "it's a 430 lexus pal, suck it up". No other car i've ever owned has gotten so many compliments!!
Old 05-14-09, 12:45 PM
Jazzman430
Driver School Candidate

Well one year later after ownership...... the compliments STILL keep comming!
Man this is one go getter for attention! Crusing the interstate came across a porcshe(silver) and bmw(dk. grey) convert. crusing together.... pull up behind them in my SC (red/saddle) top down....lead guy in porchse waves at me to take the lead!
So there we are for the next 8 miles EVERYbody's looking at us......MAN the fun just never stops!!!! Maybe you guys should try this....positive energy good for a laugh or even a smile! We could use more of that in these times! Almost forgot we were waving at other ppl. in convertibles to join the gang........what a parade!!!!!
Old 05-14-09, 02:08 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

i get thumbs up alot, and many verbal compliments as well.. people love the car.
Old 05-14-09, 02:47 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My family and friends still "ooh" and "aah" when they see the top go up and down, and even the opening/closing of the Nav panel when I turn on/off the car...
Old 05-14-09, 05:50 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going through the drive-thrus at fast food places almost always brings comments from the person giving you your food.
Old 05-17-09, 03:21 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC
Going through the drive-thrus at fast food places almost always brings comments from the person giving you your food.
I drive it maybe....twice a month and just other day we had the fast food munchies. Plus we were tired and lazy-new baby. Both times out I received compliments on the SC.
Old 05-18-09, 12:45 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bellex
Haha funny you should mention this...never in my life have I experienced so many compliments from a vehicle... (last 2 cars were Redline Red 350z and blk/blk/blk G35C...) Z attracted young folk/ricers/college girls... G35c attracted fellas around my age....

The SC is on a whole different level:
Attracts young/middle aged/old women of all ethnicities (which is a win ) and fellas 35ish and up

From this past Sunday (had the top down...silver over saddle interior)

- "YOO that car is tight!!" - Kids riding a bike in Wilmington yesterday

- "That coupe is absolutely beautiful... is it new? OOh its a Lexus?!?!?!" - mid 30's soccer mom with baby in arm (also yesterday)

- ...as she walks over and begins touching the seats... "I absolutely love this car... the color combo is amazing! Can I peek inside??" - mid 40's woman at the car wash (yesterday)

Some I recall:

- "Those are the most beautiful lines I have ever seen on a car" - while filling up at the Wawa (he was a g35 driver)

- 2 random girls grab me at the bar = "you're the dude with the lexus...I love your car...wanna dance?" (I kid you not) - needless to say me and my friend got a few dances in

- "Nice Benz!" (now she's looking at the steering wheel) - "**** this is a Lexus..."

Every trip with the Lexus is an adventure... all in all I love my baby (although sometimes I wish she was a bit more discreet)

All I can say: It's gonna be a crazy summer

Cheers!
YUP! and what kills me is how so many women are bold enough to flirt while my fiance is in the car with me. Sometimes she'll laugh or smile most other times result in her slapping me in the back of my head or accidentally burning my dinner. I love it though. Wouldn't trade her or the car in for the world.
Old 05-18-09, 04:55 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Did they then proceed to ask you to buy a dozen boxes. After all, it does have an L emblem on it
You're right about that BOLD L emblem, same thing happened to me two years ago when I pulled up near a girl scout cookie sales stand, left with six boxes and everyone wanted to see the interior of my car!! People know if you can afford a Lexus, you can afford to support the cookie sales.
Old 05-18-09, 09:20 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When i cared more about keeping my car (is300) clean and waxed all the time i would get people asking me about it how i liked, comments about the car etc. But now since i have 2 of them i dont keep up with my daily as much. I had a lady at starbucks tell me how much she loved the car and how she always wanted one she was quite shocked when i told her it was 6yr old she was like wow it still looks new lol.
Old 05-18-09, 09:28 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LexLaw
YUP! and what kills me is how so many women are bold enough to flirt while my fiance is in the car with me. Sometimes she'll laugh or smile most other times result in her slapping me in the back of my head or accidentally burning my dinner. I love it though. Wouldn't trade her or the car in for the world.
That will keep her on the toes.
Old 05-20-09, 07:35 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, since I started this thread, I still get comments on my ride.

I was getting gas one morning and some college chic decides to take pics of my car.

same gas station the other day, and this guy starts to stare on my car and the second time he passes by, says "Nice".

At work, this guy says "I've never seen this type of car like that before".
What kind of mods do you have?
I got into a 10 minute chat w/ him on aftermarket stuff and the evolution of the SC430 and Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Audi and luxury car related stuff.

Gas stations seem to be the most eye catching spot.

peace.

Last edited by martini3; 05-20-09 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 05:57 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC
My favorite fast food place always gives me a free super-size when I go thru with the top down!! the kids in there just love the car !!

Quick Reply: Do people still comment on your car?