SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Any ideas on custom stereo systems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-08, 09:05 AM
NUJERZEY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideas on custom stereo systems?

Hey Everyone

I have a 2002 Lexus SC430. I had done some custom "experimental" stereo work on my vehicle. I now have an indash dvd player (JVC KW-AVX800)...2 Lanzar Digital Amps...and I replaced my factory sub with 3 Kicker Comp free air subs. It does give more of the "boom" effect but Im not really satisfied. I do understand that Im limited to what I can do, but Im sure Im over looking something. I see that plenty of ppl put subs in the corners of their trunks. Can anyone please give me a feed back on how that sounds? Can anyone give me any other ideas?

Thanks Alot
BJ
Old 02-18-08, 11:28 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NUJERZEY
Hey Everyone

I have a 2002 Lexus SC430. I had done some custom "experimental" stereo work on my vehicle. I now have an indash dvd player (JVC KW-AVX800)...2 Lanzar Digital Amps...and I replaced my factory sub with 3 Kicker Comp free air subs. It does give more of the "boom" effect but Im not really satisfied. I do understand that Im limited to what I can do, but Im sure Im over looking something. I see that plenty of ppl put subs in the corners of their trunks. Can anyone please give me a feed back on how that sounds? Can anyone give me any other ideas?

Thanks Alot
BJ
welcome to CL
check out gammalex's gallery. he did some nice audio stuff
Old 02-21-08, 01:50 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NUJERZEY
Hey Everyone

Thanks Alot
BJ
if you go with high end subs, i think you can get the bass you want. those little holes on the side of the trunk probally have around 1.25 to 1.5 cubic feet of air, they can also fit up to 10" subs. personally i have an 8" image dynamics which isnt enough bass, i have a few unfinished boxes that I have been meaning to work on for 2 8"s which I think should be enough. if not I think 2 high end 10" subs would be enough. Keep in mind i like alot of bass. if you would go do a search i have a previous post comparing how i felt as I went from stock sub, to free air on stock amp, to free air on aftermarket amp to enclosure with amp
Old 02-21-08, 02:53 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Although the sc430 has a nice OEM system its wasnt good enough for me. I replaced everything in the system. I have a Pioneer Z1 for the headunit with Diamond Audio D971 7" components and a extra pair of Diamond Hex tweeters in the front doors. Diamond Hex 6.5 components in the rear with 2 10" Diamond D6 subs in the backseat with a JL 450.4 for the highs and a 500.1 JL for the 2 subs all in a custom fiberglass, leather, brushed aluminium, and plexiglass enclosure with cold cathode tubes for illumination. I also cut off the cigerette lighter and turned it into my bass **** so it still looks like a plug in lighter. Now on with the pics the motorized door for the radio still works too

and my sc
Old 02-21-08, 07:46 PM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

That thing is the ultimate SC430 with the Ultimate sound system. Looks sweet man
Old 05-17-11, 05:37 PM
rumrone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Although the sc430 has a nice OEM system its wasnt good enough for me. I replaced everything in the system. I have a Pioneer Z1 for the headunit with Diamond Audio D971 7" components and a extra pair of Diamond Hex tweeters in the front doors. Diamond Hex 6.5 components in the rear with 2 10" Diamond D6 subs in the backseat with a JL 450.4 for the highs and a 500.1 JL for the 2 subs all in a custom fiberglass, leather, brushed aluminium, and plexiglass enclosure with cold cathode tubes for illumination. I also cut off the cigerette lighter and turned it into my bass **** so it still looks like a plug in lighter. Now on with the pics the motorized door for the radio still works too

and my sc
Hey i also own a lexus SC430 and wanted to add speakers to my car. at first i wanted to modify my trunk to fit them in, until i saw yours. i was wondering what the cost of it was for the speakers amps and the custom box in the back seats?