SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Will there be a new SC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-08, 09:46 PM
ren495
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will there be a new SC?

Just wondering if anyone has some inside info. I heard Lexus might not make the next gen. SC and just replace it with the LF-A Roadster as it's high end convertible. Two totally different cars, but could this be true? I hope they make one, if so, shouldn't it be out by 2009 or 2010 latest? That means there should be some news soon in one of the upcoming auto shows.

I'm also waiting for a IS coupe/convertible. How long will it take? The concept was presented like 5 years ago.
Old 01-30-08, 10:03 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing confirmed.

Two rumors exist:

(1) The SC will be discontinued.

(2) The LF-A will be the 3SC (Maybe the SC-F, with a "less aggressive" SC available).

The IS coupe/convertible is pretty much 90% confirmed, but no official word from Lexus HQ.
Old 01-30-08, 10:50 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two words...Hardtop convertible!!!!
Old 01-30-08, 11:04 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I really do hope that a Next gen SC would be released so that I can buy it! There is a market!
Old 01-30-08, 11:10 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
I really do hope that a Next gen SC would be released so that I can buy it! There is a market!
C,

Tell me more>????
Old 01-31-08, 12:15 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

check out the LF-C

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_LF
Old 01-31-08, 01:07 AM
ren495
Pole Position

I hope Lexus puts out 3 convertibles: the LFA Roadster, SC and IS conv.

Even if simply for prestige and respect. All the germans are coming out with new models like crazy. Toyota can swallow making both SC and LF-A as low volume exclusive cars.

And offcourse they need to make both SC and IS with hybrid versions also. LF-A will have one. I'd love a SC with the 3.5 liter from the IS 350 + a electric motor. And if they came out with lithium ion around 2010 in it- oh man!

the LF-C concept is the IS conv. not the SC. The current IS is based from the LF-C, just look at the front end.
Old 02-01-08, 02:53 AM
02sc430
Driver School Candidate

now i would love it if they came out with a 10 cylinder sc, with r-tronic,manual options.. wow that would put me first in line. but yet again keep the pebble beach option alive for red interior. anyways that my opinion
Old 02-01-08, 03:51 PM
ren495
Pole Position

Can't see them making a 10 cylinder SC. If you want that buy the LF-A Roadster.

Lexus needs to start putting out more hybrids as the one luxo brand that cares about the environment. I'm waiting for a 100% electric Lexus that doesn't pollute at all. It's coming in the next ten years, and people will buy it like crazy.
Old 02-05-08, 05:03 PM
KSUFlasher
Rookie

Last month at the detroit auto-show, Toyota announced several new cars and updates through 2010. Among them included the IS hard-top convert (20 seconds up-down). The SC was not mentioned at all, so I assume that means if there is a new SC on the horizon, 2011 is the soonest we'll see it. My guess is that the SC will be discontinued, it's hard for me to imagine they'll keep on producing it without an updat. IMO, they will phase it out after the IS convert and LF are released.
Old 02-05-08, 05:47 PM
NorCal430
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Although I take anything a car salesman says with a grain of salt, this past weekend the local Lexus dealer told me that MY2009 will be the last SC430.

He claims that the LF will have a convertible version and that will be the closest thing to the SC. He said the hard top would be MY2010 and the convertible would come the following year.

YMMV

Dave
Old 02-05-08, 06:15 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

I wonder how much the LF convertible will be?????
Old 02-06-08, 11:25 AM
Addiction2
Driver

I've never actually taken a good look at the IS, buut I might be open to a four seater convertible from Lexus. Especially as a hard top convertible.
Old 02-06-08, 11:28 AM
Patrickb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ren495
Can't see them making a 10 cylinder SC. If you want that buy the LF-A Roadster.

Lexus needs to start putting out more hybrids as the one luxo brand that cares about the environment. I'm waiting for a 100% electric Lexus that doesn't pollute at all. It's coming in the next ten years, and people will buy it like crazy.
100% electric cars are worse for the envirnonment in many ways then gas at the moment. they need to make the batteries more disposible. I can pull up some studies that show that electric cars pollute worse then newer gasoline powered vehicles due to the power plants that create electricity being factored in. oil refinment is suprisingly not that invasive on the environment. that said I want an electric car for selfish reasons. I really hate getting gas..
Old 02-08-08, 10:48 PM
ren495
Pole Position

100% electric cars are worse for the envirnonment in many ways then gas at the moment. they need to make the batteries more disposible. I can pull up some studies that show that electric cars pollute worse then newer gasoline powered vehicles due to the power plants that create electricity being factored in. oil refinment is suprisingly not that invasive on the environment. that said I want an electric car for selfish reasons. I really hate getting gas..

People are lazy and slow to make big changes. If we really wanted to we could produce electricity without pollution. Here's a cool video, talks about producing electricity at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKBVE...eature=related

And batteries, just like any metal, are 100% recyclable. Tesla even includes the price of recycling in the price of the car, so you don't have an excuse not to recycle.

I really hope they make the SC. The IS conv. is too small. I'd love a new SC along with the IS conv. and the LF-A.

Quick Reply: Will there be a new SC?