Hey Johnny
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mods, can you sticky this????
Old 03-23-09, 11:07 PM
FujiRacing
Driver School Candidate

Me too...same problem...what will it cost???

got 2003 sc430 ***no disk detected****

Originally Posted by 4runner
Hello bmanke, great work. I believe I have the same issue. I have a 86841-33060 in my wifes 03 land cruiser that just died. Would you be interested in trying to fix another one for some $$?
Old 03-26-09, 10:00 AM
gdubin
Driver School Candidate

Default 02 RX300 DVD NAV 'Disk Not Detected'

Hi,

Can you tell me where did you buy PPN13KA12C. I've looked al over the inet and I can't find it.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by kjenkinz
First of all I would like to say thank you two the person that presented questions to the people at the audio and video place that's charging almost 400.00 to repair these units. To repair them yourself... all you need to do is remove the ECU DVD from your vehicle, open it up, remove the 4 screws where which is holding the main laser unit down. Remove the two ribbon strips and power connecter located on the back of that section. After doing so you can remove that entire section. Remove the four housing screws in the four corners, Turn the unit over. Now you can begin removing the data board. Remove the attached ribbons perspectively. Don't be afraid to untape the black tap from the board to remove the wrap under ribbon, it will restick. Now, on the section holding the laser, laser motor, and cd motor, there are 3 screws to remove. Once removed you can now take the laser portion out. Remove the ribbon for ease of labor. The issue is in fact the motor NOT THE LASER! I've located them by doing a simple search on the web for the motor model: PPN13KA12C. I paid 2.10 plus shipping. Removed the laser motor from the end housing clip. You'll need to get a small solder gun from a craft store (ie. Radio Shack) and remove the wires from the old motor and solder them to the new one. Move the gear from the old one to the new one. Reassemble, attach all ribbons, and reinstall back in your prospective vehicle location. Start your vehicle, reinsert the Navigation DVD. You'll be a happy camper and best of all the fix is completed in less than an hour and you've spent less than 10.00. I personally purchased a few of these motors for security purposes, just in case the event should occur once again. Once again, thank you everyone! Hope this helps the rest of you!!
Old 03-26-09, 10:07 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have searched every other day and even contacted couple eBayer who sales mini motors but no love. One eBayer told me he had a few before but all gone the day he made the post.

I am thinking about taking apart of a Panasonic stereo with busted laser to see if the motor is the same.

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 03-26-09 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-26-09, 06:07 PM
bmanke
Driver School Candidate

Default Source for Motor

I got really lucky and found someone who had that motor in stock. That seller is out and based on the posts - no one else has this motor. If anyone can find a source or equivalent - please let us all know. Thank you!
Old 03-26-09, 06:51 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

maybe you guys can contact this company.
so more and more Gen3 nav computers have the same issue as well?

http://www.hansen-motor.com/brush-pp...p?lang=english
Old 03-26-09, 09:52 PM
Hey Johnny
Lexus Champion

Mods, sticky??
Old 04-03-09, 10:45 AM
wladekp999
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kjenkinz
First of all I would like to say thank you two the person that presented questions to the people at the audio and video place that's charging almost 400.00 to repair these units. To repair them yourself... all you need to do is remove the ECU DVD from your vehicle, open it up, remove the 4 screws where which is holding the main laser unit down. Remove the two ribbon strips and power connecter located on the back of that section. After doing so you can remove that entire section. Remove the four housing screws in the four corners, Turn the unit over. Now you can begin removing the data board. Remove the attached ribbons perspectively. Don't be afraid to untape the black tap from the board to remove the wrap under ribbon, it will restick. Now, on the section holding the laser, laser motor, and cd motor, there are 3 screws to remove. Once removed you can now take the laser portion out. Remove the ribbon for ease of labor. The issue is in fact the motor NOT THE LASER! I've located them by doing a simple search on the web for the motor model: PPN13KA12C. I paid 2.10 plus shipping. Removed the laser motor from the end housing clip. You'll need to get a small solder gun from a craft store (ie. Radio Shack) and remove the wires from the old motor and solder them to the new one. Move the gear from the old one to the new one. Reassemble, attach all ribbons, and reinstall back in your prospective vehicle location. Start your vehicle, reinsert the Navigation DVD. You'll be a happy camper and best of all the fix is completed in less than an hour and you've spent less than 10.00. I personally purchased a few of these motors for security purposes, just in case the event should occur once again. Once again, thank you everyone! Hope this helps the rest of you!!
Thanks for all of the tips. It all worked out. I did it myself. One has to be very careful doing all of this. Also, the optical encoder wheel at the end of the worm gear of the motor has to fit in between at the bottom slot. Mine was rubbing against the edge and I got the famous "NO DISK DETECTED" message again. Had to take it apart again thinking it will never work again and I noticed the problem. Thanks God I didn't burn the motor. The motor itself is very hard to get. I was lucky, but I shopped for it for weeks. Hansen Motors wants you to order like $3,000.00 worth of motors.
Old 04-13-09, 07:26 PM
revpd
Driver School Candidate

You're not gonna believe this, but I just yanked a PPN13KA12C out of an old CD-ROM drive from a junked computer laying around my house! Considering that the CD-ROM drive spent most of its active life empty, I'm sure this motor has very few miles on it compared to the one in the ECU DVD. This was a no-brand generic Japanese-made CDROM from 1996 so if you have something similar cluttering your basement, you may be in luck.

You guys absolutely rock for figuring this fix out! I was ready to throw in the towel and velcro a TomTom over my LCD. Thanks!

Update: I just finished the repair and it works!! This may be the first time I actually was right for keeping broken electronics around for over 10 years. My old motor didn't seem completely toasted now that I've popped it open, but replacing it did the trick so I guess that was the problem.

Last edited by revpd; 04-13-09 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-17-09, 10:59 AM
talwang

try this place

http://www.smcelectronics.com/cdrep.htm
Old 04-17-09, 11:13 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

I ordered one from that link to SMC.
Thanks; I've been trying to get one of these to keep on hand for quite a while.
Old 04-17-09, 01:42 PM
talwang

I had ordered two and just received them today.
Hurry up, so you won't miss the chance again.
Old 04-17-09, 07:06 PM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

Too late. Even though I ordered one as soon as that post was made, I just received a note back saying "sold out."
Bummer!
Old 04-17-09, 09:32 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by talwang
I had ordered two and just received them today.
Hurry up, so you won't miss the chance again.
Rich, want to sell me one??? I have been looking all over the place! Let me know!
Old 04-18-09, 06:54 PM
direditor
Driver School Candidate

argh .. this has been great info and I was able to pull my nav computer apart with no problems, actually found a PPN13KA12C inside an old hp cd rom I had .. argh .. the one in my nav is smaller and I can't find the part anywhere ! It is a 3/4 inch sized motor with part number N3V 0Z01 on the motor.. nav system ecu is Toyota 86841-33060 / 462100-0433 12v Denso. It all came apart as described in that wonderful post from kjenkinz .. smaller motor .. help !!!!!

Quick Reply: 2002 sc 430 navigation reads "no disk detected"