SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

just curious

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 03:20 PM
KSUFlasher
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's natural to do a little 'bashing' of cars that you chose not to get. When I first saw the SC I really liked the design because it was (and is) so unique to anything else out there. It's hard to confuse + relatively rare (even in southern cal.) compared to other 'higer end' cars. I have to admit that the lines of the design are 'softer' than other sporty cars and yes I suppose someone could say that they are suited for a woman. But I truly like the design and don't argue if it's a more male/female design, beacuse I like it regardless. Like any art - different critics will like/dislike certain aspects.

When I first test drove it, I have to admit, it was a LOT slower than I thought it would be and certainly doesn't handle like my M3. However, I accept the fact that it is really more of a luxury cruiser convertable than it is a convertable sports car. It will never be what my M3 was, and it's not suppose to be. Lexus imho is the king of reliability which was a huge plus in my book and a LOT more comfortable than my M3. The trade-off to get to this comfort level is a softer suspension that absorbs the road but also means there is more body role etc than a true sports car. IMHO, the trade off is worth it and that played into my decision.

For someone else, rater it be a MB owner or BMW or Audi or whoever, they make certain trade-offs too. When you have a group of people who made the same kind of trade-off decisions, it only makes since that they would have similar 'bashing' thoughts of other cars. Reliability, 'sporty ness', comfort, price, image/head turner, design, practicality etc. are all things that people make trade-offs for. No one car can do it all. We make our choices, they make others.
Old 10-18-07, 05:27 PM
Cheerwino
Driver School Candidate

More women drive the SC 430 cause they won't let us husbands drive it.
Old 10-18-07, 09:13 PM
dld542004
Driver School Candidate

Default sc430 bashing

Just check out consumer reports on reliability between Lexus and MB
Old 10-18-07, 11:49 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

To prevent this thread and from turning into a Lexus vs the world forum , I would just say that if you are comfortable with your car then so be it. If not ,sell it. Folks that post on automotive forums are generally not the average Joe and of course some passion will be involved : MB owners like MB, Lexus to Lexus, and Kia owners love Kia and will bash other cars. It has always been that way and nothing will change that. Though I have yet to find a Yugo forum.

I saw 2 Vipers in the last month driven by woman. So what. Try to treat women with respect in that they have the right to drive a nice car as they see it though the same eyes as men though most men seem to believe they are car experts when honestly most men know spit about cars other than what the latest Car and Driver publishes.

To label a car a womens car is simply demeaning to women in the same way a car is a African Americans car or a Asians car. There is no such thing.

I personally know several women that will easily trounce most every man on this forum on the topic of cars ,mechanics, and in driving abilities.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 10-18-07 at 11:58 PM.