SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

GETTING MY SC430 ON MONDAY!!!!!!(long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-02, 01:04 AM
pot_head
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GETTING MY SC430 ON MONDAY!!!!!!(long)

HI. I AM SO HAPPY. I FEEL LIKE A KID ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!

Well, i would've picked up the car on saturday but i'm going snowboarding(damn!!) so it too bad for me.
Heres the story. My e36 M3 crashed into my gf's A4 and the Audi was totalled. Insurance paid me back and i was happy. So, im giving the M3 to my gf and i took the money for the A4 and wanted to buy something nice with luxury. I am not too fond of leasing or financing cars. So, i came up with some extra money and was considering a GS400 or a CLK430. I was just about to pick up the GS when i saw a 99 CLK430 in the paper for an awsome deal where if i drove the CLK around for half a year or so, i could sell it for the same price i bought it for. So i bought the CLK and was happy when i picked up the car until......i looked up and discovered that THERE WAS NO SUNROOF!!!!! I didnt even bother looking when i bought the car cause i was so happy that i found such a great deal. Well, my friends made fun of me for buying a Mercedes that has no sunroof and no xenons but i didnt care. I really loved the CLK and this car really turns heads. Then 2 days after i bought the CLK my friend who owns a Ferrari 355spyder called me out. I showed him my car and he said its really nice. Then he told me that i should have gone to his friends dealership and instead of buying the CLK, i should have put the money down and get a new car. So we went down there and took a look at the cars and there were many nice luxury cars like CLK430 convertible(5 of them), Porsche 911's, E46M3 etc.....and then he pointed out the Lexus SC430. When i first saw the car about 6-9 months ago, i didnt like it at all. i thought it has the ugliest wheels on the planet and it made the car look really ugly, so i didnt like it. But at the dealers, it was totally different. I actually got a chance to look at the interior, how the car looks when the top is up and just the 'lines' of the car...and i thought it was absolutely amazing that Lexus designed a car so beautiful. Sitting right beside the Lexus was a BMW Z8 and a BMW e46 M3. And wow, was i amazed. I actually like the M3 alot, but i was looking for a cruiser, something automatic, so as much as i loved the M3, it was off of my checklist, unless they had one with the SMG transmission but i live in Canada and the SMG doesnt come out for another half a year. So i talked to the dealer and i told him that i just bought my CLK only 2-3 days ago. I didnt like the price he gave me for my CLK becuase i would have lost roughly $4000USD if i traded it in now. I told him that i'll call him tomorrow and i never did. So, he spoke with my friend about 2 days later and he asked my friend 'how come your friend didnt come in?' and my friend basically told him that i didnt want to loose that much money in a few days. Then the dealer told my friend to tell me to come back in and we can work something else out if im really serious about the car. And that was today....

So today my buddie with the F355 and i went to the BMW dealer to get a snowboard rack for his X5. We met up with another one of our friends who is also purchasing a car. He was just about to buy a 330ci convertible with a few options. I asked him how much is he paying and he told me a price which was about $5000USD under the MSRP of a M3 convertible. So i went to a salesperson and asked him why he's ripping off my friend, just to make the salesperson uneasy. And i also asked him approx how long is the wait for a M3 convertible. And luckily, there was one opening where somebody backed out and there was still time to change the color of the car and options and delivery would be late feburary. So i told my friend who was just about to buy the 330 convertible to just fork out and extra $5000 for the M3. Might as well right? Then my friend told the sales that he's going to give them a call tomorrow first thing in the morning.

So we all sat in one car to go buy my snowboard equipment while the X5 was getting the racks installed. My friend with the F355 called the dealer where im going to buy my lexus and asked him if HE can order the M3 instead. Because that dealer is kinda crooked and will lease the car easily. The dealer can write down the resudual value at $1 if he wanted and plus...if i wanted to lease the car for one year and the deal was 4years, i can just pay them off and there would be no penalty...just the intrest for the 1yr. I dont really know how a real lease works, but this sounded great to me. And then the dealer tells my friend....oh, we're getting one in late feburary...and it was exactly the same price what BMW wanted and the same body color and interior color that my friend wanted too plus a few minor options. Talk about a deal!

Then we all went down to the crooked dealer and talked. Since my friend reffered all of us to the dealer, the dealer bought my car for even more than what i bought for it. That was so cool!!! My friend reffered 5people to that dealer in the past month and the the dealer sold approx $300,000USD worth of cars to us...thats including the M3 and my SC... Wow.

So im gonna pick up the SC on monday afternoon. I can barely wait. I dont even want to go snowboarding(first time) but what the hell..... Ya so thats my story......Cant wait.....

Oh, i have couple questions. After i buy this car i wont have much money left. Where is a good place where i can find a decent set of wheels like 19" lowenhearts and brand names like that? And also what are decent lowering springs? I really dont want to pay $1200 for springs and shox. Thanks....
Old 01-14-02, 06:41 AM
therocker
Rookie

Well, how is it?
Old 01-14-02, 09:36 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the dealer is one of those people who buys cars from auctions and seizures and etc. There are a few of them around me, all they have is porches, benzes, lexus....etc. Unless he is just a huge dealer with many different types of cars, but it doesnt sound like that. Who knows anyway. Sometimes the cheapest way isnt always the easiest.
Old 01-15-02, 12:56 AM
pot_head
Driver

no. this dealer actually is a daewoo dealer. he only has like 5 daweoo cars on the lot for 'display'. and the rest are all mercedes and the nicer cars. pay cash and he will handle everything. U guys should know whats up with that. And ya, alot of 'kids' come in and lease cars cause this is a very easy place to get an approval for a lease, especially if you have a large cash downpayment.
Old 01-19-02, 06:15 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats bro,

I am sure you are a happy man, Please post some pics of that big body lexo and make us all envious of your ride. Thanks for the heads up and hope all your dreams come true.

Thanks

Erfan