SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Need help to change fog light....... Plz *^^*

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-07, 10:36 AM
DivX007
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whokiid
i gave up and just took it to my guy in cypress. had em both replaced with new PIAA 2500k yellows. so glad i paid someone to do it.
how much did you spend if you don't mind telling?
Old 10-17-07, 10:52 AM
whokiid
Driver

it took an hour and a half and i paid 60. they had to put the car up, remove both front wheels and unscrew most of the screws from the bottom. after trying for 3 hours on my own without any results, paying 60 dollars is well worth it.
Old 10-17-07, 01:40 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thanks Lexus of Orlando

My relationship with Lexus Of Orlando pays off again. I provided the bulbs and thay installed them for free.
The Service Manager: Allen, the Service Advisor: Wayne, And my Service Technician: Mark are awesome.

I would have been happy to pay $60.00 for the install, thats fair.

I got these.
PIAA 15223

I did not get any "before pics". But here are the "after pics". No more yellow fogs. They are very close to the color of the HID's now.

Old 10-17-07, 05:24 PM
DivX007
Driver

looks great!!!!!!!! *^^*
Old 10-18-07, 12:24 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Look good Billy. I have Piaa Extreme White (?). Have to check the package but so far no problems. They are worth the extra money over the $20.00 bulbs on Ebay as they tend to burn out in 6 months and as everyone said, "this car is a $%^& to change bulbs on." Only want to do the job once. In fact I would say at this time it is much easier to just remove the front bumper and swap the bulbs out that way.
Old 10-18-07, 02:14 PM
kaetamer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
In fact I would say at this time it is much easier to just remove the front bumper and swap the bulbs out that way.
Care to give us a primer on how to remove the bumper?

Thanks!
Old 10-18-07, 02:25 PM
SC430Sam
Driver

I am glad to hear that Lexus of Orlando installed these for free. I will have to pick up a set and take them in with me when I am there for a service. I have become pretty tight with some of the guys up there, but I will make sure that I talk to your contacts if I have any trouble. Lexus of Orlando has always been good to me, and I will continue to go back.
Old 10-18-07, 08:31 PM
whokiid
Driver

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Look good Billy. I have Piaa Extreme White (?). Have to check the package but so far no problems. They are worth the extra money over the $20.00 bulbs on Ebay as they tend to burn out in 6 months and as everyone said, "this car is a $%^& to change bulbs on." Only want to do the job once. In fact I would say at this time it is much easier to just remove the front bumper and swap the bulbs out that way.
you would really prefer to remove the entire bumper???? wow. isnt that a lot more work, considering there are other smaller lights on the sides?
Old 10-19-07, 07:42 AM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SC430Sam
I am glad to hear that Lexus of Orlando installed these for free. I will have to pick up a set and take them in with me when I am there for a service. I have become pretty tight with some of the guys up there, but I will make sure that I talk to your contacts if I have any trouble. Lexus of Orlando has always been good to me, and I will continue to go back.
Consider this:
More details to share. I was in for warranty work (just a loose hose caused a leak). The tech had to access the wiper washer reservoir, which requires the same access as the driver side Fog Light. So knowing this ahead of time I purchased the bulbs and requested that since they were going to be exposing the area near the fog, to swap the bulbs out for me. Please keep this in mind when requesting the swap.

My observation:
It took the tech about 7 minutes per side to swap out fog bulbs (he has done this about 50 times before). I took pics, but you cannot see anything because of the close quarters behind the bumper.
1. Turn the wheel all the way in
2. Remove splash guard
3. Loosen front bumper cover (he did not remove bumper cover)
4. Loosen inner fender wall.
5. Hang small flash light inside behind bumper cover
6. With rubber gloves reach in and remove C-clip on socket
7. Extract socket from hole
8. Remove bulb
9. Replace bulb
10. Insert socket into hole
11. Insert C-clip on socket (this was performed by feeling his way, no visual line of sight, it took a few tries to get it correct)
12. Reverse steps 5 thru 1
Old 05-16-09, 04:08 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

I know this post is very old, but I am about to replace my fog lights and 68 series bulbs. Based on the feedback here, and the time (four hours just for fogs) would you all recommend paying the dealer to do this? Thanks
Old 05-16-09, 04:24 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

take the bumper off and do it yourself.
Old 07-12-09, 01:42 PM
feholz05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DivX007
Hello,eveyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I join this forum not too long ago.

About 1 week ago, I bought 02 Lexus SC430. and I ordered whiter fog light bulb from ebay. I got them but I do not know how to change them.

I need help to replace ugly yellowish bulb with new bulbs.

could anyone give me the instruction with picture or photo on them?

or at least where to find how to change fog light bulbs for Lexus sc430?

Thanks
Just got done with it. 60 minutes start to finish. Not really difficlult, but a pain in *** due to lack of space. The first thing I would recomend to taking the tire off. You then need to remove the screws holding the shroud under the fog light and on the inside front of the wheel well. Pull the wheel well shroud back and make a viewing hole. Next spin the cap on the back of the fog light casing to the left and lull it out. The fog light is inside, held in place by a silver wire clip. Move the clip to left and pull the bulb out. Now flip the housing cap over, using a flat head screw driver pop the white electrical coupling out and pull the old light wire out. Insert the new light wire and coupling back in the cap. Insert the new light and fasten the wire clip, screw the cap on and reverse the rest. It helps if you have small, little hands and a paitient personality as the Japanese obviously designed this process for their size hands, not mine.
Old 07-12-09, 04:56 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sexylexysc430
Yes...Lexus did NOT make it easy to change any kind of bulb in the front of the car. Some of the small bulbs in the headlamps and bumper require the bumper to be removed in order to replace the bulb!
+1 on this. Just because a car costs 65K, some engineers figured with had the money to continually go back to the stealerships for light bulbs
Old 07-12-09, 04:58 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DivX007
looks great!!!!!!!! *^^*
+1 on looking great, wish I lived close to Orlando!
Old 06-21-11, 03:04 PM
DJSPEC
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1TYTESC
My relationship with Lexus Of Orlando pays off again. I provided the bulbs and thay installed them for free.
The Service Manager: Allen, the Service Advisor: Wayne, And my Service Technician: Mark are awesome.

I would have been happy to pay $60.00 for the install, thats fair.

I got these.
PIAA 15223

I did not get any "before pics". But here are the "after pics". No more yellow fogs. They are very close to the color of the HID's now.

I might have to get these bulbs for my fogs! they look much better than stock!

Quick Reply: Need help to change fog light....... Plz *^^*