Ecru Interior Durability

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-01, 01:25 PM
stevelaw
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecru Interior Durability

[I posted the following in the SC300/400 forum by mistake - Sorry!]

Have been waiting since June, and finally got "the call" on my SC 430. News was good, and OK (versus good and bad). First choice is the white with saddle interior - no report on when one of those might show up. My dealership has a silver/ecru on the way in, and it's mine if I say OK. Two questions for the forum:

1. How well does the ecru handle dirt /etc. ? My '92 SC400 has the beige leather interior, and seemed to hold up pretty well (except where my pants belt rubs the driver's seat!)

2. I have not seen a silver/ecru combination yet. Has anyone seen it - how do the colors work? (Black is not an option - I live in Florida and do not wish to fry my butt during the summer!!!)

Thanks for the input.
Old 12-27-01, 03:29 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Actually, Ecru/Silver was my first and only choice. I have it and it is a great combination. Ecru will show dirt faster than any other color. I use the Zaino leather products and have cleaned it maybe 3 times in the last 8 months and it still looks fine. All of the interiors look classy. The saddle was a little too orange for my taste, but that's just an individual thing.

The best thing about the Ecru is that it comes with the "blonde" looking birdseye maple wood trimmings. That is the first thing everyone comments about whenever they get into the car for the first time.
Old 12-28-01, 06:15 AM
therocker
Rookie

I love my silver/ecru combo. I personally find the silver to be an amazing color to look at. Like others have said the saddle is too orange. Also, the matching wood of the ecru, birds eye maple, is a very unique color wood to have. It gets constant praise.
Old 12-28-01, 10:45 AM
stevelaw
Driver

Thanks for the input. Actually my dealership called again late yesterday and said they had a silver/ecru model on site. I went out and took a look, and decided I really like the combination. The light leather really makes a nice contrast with the black interior dash and door trim. Also, I always have been a fan of the lighter maple wood. I will be taking delivery on Monday!!

Now - more requests for info:

1. Car cover - until my house remodel job is done (probably another 4-6 months), I have no garage. Any recommendations for a good outdoor cover for the car

2. "Zaino" - Please excuse my ignorance, but I noticed a lot of people refernce it and I have little idea what it really is (other than some type of car finish protector). Is it difficult to apply? And is it worth the hassle, compared to ordinary car wax products.

Thanks!
Old 12-28-01, 04:15 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by stevelaw

Now - more requests for info:

1. Car cover - until my house remodel job is done (probably another 4-6 months), I have no garage. Any recommendations for a good outdoor cover for the car

2. "Zaino" - Please excuse my ignorance, but I noticed a lot of people refernce it and I have little idea what it really is (other than some type of car finish protector). Is it difficult to apply? And is it worth the hassle, compared to ordinary car wax products.

Thanks!
Ok first off.. Nice choice with the Silver.. Don't agree with the Ecu since I don't like the light maple but thats just me.. Lemme help answer your 2 questions..

Question #1

Hit this link below for your car cover.. Thanks again to Genearch for the hookup.. Great cover at a reasonable price.. For whatever reason it came to my door duty free!

http://www.heavenforcars.com/product...ver/index1.htm

Question #2

Hit this link below for all the answers on Zaino.. Time consuming at first but i'm really happy with the results.. Cost wise its a bit expensive but honestly well worth it!

ZainoBros

Hope that helps and enjoy your new ride!!
You'll love it.. Read the manual its well worth the read!!

Ken
Old 12-28-01, 04:21 PM
stevelaw
Driver

Default Thanks Ken

While you were answering, I was doing a new post! I appreciate the help