CD Player woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 06:37 PM
4titude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player woes

Hey, folks.

I've got an '02 Sc430. Last Thursday, I disconnected the battery for a brief period. When I reconnected, the CD player won't play. There are three discs in the changer, but the LCD display shows all six slots filled. The player won't eject discs, and if I hit the load button, the machine tells me the slots are filled. The AM/FM radio and cassette player still work.

I've read in other posts that it may be an anti-theft safeguard, in which case I wonder how to reset it w/o going to a dealer.

I have repeatedly disconnected the battery and pulled the radio fuse to try a reset, but it hasn't helped.

Other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Old 06-26-07, 09:36 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

CD changer is a soft spot on early models. What is describe is one of the issues that comes up.
Any error codes? Most of the time error 3 comes up.
Dealer can usually get a rebuilt for under $500.00
Ebay list a few from time to time but all of the ones I received were defective (3) and had to be returned.
Old 06-27-07, 02:04 PM
4titude
Driver School Candidate

I should have added that I get a "Error 3" message. If it's a jamming issue, why would it have occurred just by disconnecting the battery? One of you guys has to have changed a battery over the years.

Last edited by 4titude; 06-27-07 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-27-07, 07:32 PM
ZGone
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Same problem fixed

Originally Posted by 4titude
I should have added that I get a "Error 3" message. If it's a jamming issue, why would it have occurred just by disconnecting the battery? One of you guys has to have changed a battery over the years.
I recently got an 2002 SC430 from Florida for my wife. When we receive the car it had the exact same problem with the CD player. Error 3, looked like it had six CD's in it and wouldn't do anything. I figured that the unit was jammed and basicly trashed inside, although the radio and tape played fine. I was expecting to have to find a unit on Ebay or shell out $1500 for a new headunit. Well I had to take it in to the dealer to get the O2 sensor replaced. When I got the car back the CD player was fine and plays perfectly. When I initially pick up the car the VSC control was going off so I left the car for pickup the next day. They said that the tech didn't allow the computer system to boot completely. I would talk to your dealer about the problem you are having and see if it just needs a cpu reset.

Good luck.
Old 07-02-07, 10:23 AM
4titude
Driver School Candidate

Angry

At least life works out for one of us. This car is getting to be the costliest mistake I've made in a while. Any one know how to input the "shape the f*(k up" code into the car's computer?
Old 07-02-07, 06:07 PM
ZGone
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tsib Mark Levinson Amplifier

4titude,

One other thing you could try is allowing the amp to iniatilize the system. There was TSIB on this back when the amp in the 2002 were getting replaced. This may essentially be what the system is thinking when it totally losses power for a given length of time and is seems like the amp has a lot to do with the systems operations. Here is the procedure:

1. With the ignition key out of the ignition, install the replacement amplifier into the vehicle.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition, turn the ignition key to “ACC” and wait for 5 minutes.
NOTE:
During this 5 minute period, the amplifier is initializing itself to match the vehicle’s audio settings.
3. After 5 minutes, turn the ignition key to “LOCK” and wait 1 minute.
4. After 1 minute, turn the ignition key to “ACC” and push the “Power” button on the radio to confirm normal sound system operation.

Maybe this will work......
Old 07-15-07, 03:41 PM
4titude
Driver School Candidate

A swing and a miss. Thanks anyway, though.