SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

7 years since it's debut and still going strong....Do you still LOVE your SC430?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 01:36 PM
karmann
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read reviews where they say the car is ugly. But I think it is the most original and beautiful car in the world and everyone I meet seems to agree. Some may not like it as it is not traditional. I dont think the car is perfect but I cant think of any other car I would rather own other than maybe a SL if I could trust its reliability. Actually I hope there will be a car that will interest me as I dont want to keep it for 25 years as I like new and cars keep improving.
Old 04-16-07, 01:08 PM
619Soarer
Rookie

nice ride 'teeman'. CLEEAN!
Old 03-30-09, 02:06 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 7 years since it's debut and still going strong....Do you still LOVE your SC430?

Well, I orginally opened this thread for all you SC430 owners, lovers and admirers.

I have read all the different threads regarding minor issues, mods and other SC430 related topics here. some good really good info. here.

I finally got the title to my baby last Sept. 08 and she's still running like a charm after 67K miles later. No major or minor issues for me since replacing the truck struts a few years ago (under warranty). Regular synthetic oil changes, 30k and 60k major tune-ups, been aligned once, gone thru 3 sets of Michelin AS and PS2 non-runflat tires and still smooth as she can be.

It's been almost 8 years since it's debut and still going strong....

Do you still LOVE your SC430?

Let's bring back the "class and elegance" of this car and continue the legacy alive from it's original conception up until this day.
Attached Thumbnails 7 years since it's debut and still going strong....Do you still LOVE your SC430?-p9308120.jpe  

Last edited by martini3; 05-07-09 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-30-09, 02:13 PM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell yeah! Still lovin' it! No complaints what so ever.
Old 03-31-09, 12:08 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

To this day, April of 2009, there still isn't a car that offer more then what the SC430 offer, in this price point.

The G37 convertible that is still not out yet, still is in a lower class that offer less with a lower price.

All the European offerings, SL550, 650i and S5, cost much more with much less reliability, longivity and refinements.

In my opinion, the SC430 still have no equal.

The only car I want more then the SC430 is a Bentley Continental GTC Speed, which cost 3 times as much, last half as long and still doesn't have a folding hard top

Last edited by BNR34; 03-31-09 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 04:38 PM
CBG
Pole Position

When I was looking at getting another car last fall I checked out 350Zs, Audis, Infinitis, BMWs ect, ect... I wasn't sure if I wanted a convertable or a coupe. Most of the other cars the interiors looked boring plus they all had rag top convertables. The SC 430 was the only car I saw that when I walked into the showroom and saw that absolutly red convertable(with the top down) sitting in the showroom I said "WOW what a beautiful car". The lines were ultra sexy, the interior was what I had been looking for it looked like a luxury car inside and out. Then when the salesman put up the hardtop I was just blown away because it was not a ragtop as I had no idea there was such thing as a hard top convertable(the best of both worlds). When walked into the showroom and I said "WOW what a beautiful car" I knew that car was mine right then and there and this was the little red covertable sports car I had been looking for. I know some of you guys don't think of the SC 430 as a sports car but I have driven nothing but Chevy and GMC SUVs for the past 20 years and I think of it as a sports car.
That is my love story LOL.

Last edited by CBG; 03-31-09 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-02-09, 09:08 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by dseag2
Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus, I love bulbous hood and trunk (especially when I wax it), the M-L sound system, the smell of the leather and the fact that it doesn't spend every other week in the shop.

I loved my '03 SC430, and I love my '06 SC430 even more! Some people "get" the SC430, some don't. The ones who do are hooked.
we SC430 owners get it!! I would not trade my 03 for a brand new Vette or MB SL. LEXUS builds the finest cars in the world. Everytime I get in my car I love it even more. WHY, because it does everything I purchased the vehicle for , and the compliments I get from total strangers confirm it.
Old 04-02-09, 10:03 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tromly
we SC430 owners get it!! I would not trade my 03 for a brand new Vette or MB SL. LEXUS builds the finest cars in the world. Everytime I get in my car I love it even more. WHY, because it does everything I purchased the vehicle for , and the compliments I get from total strangers confirm it.
Agreed 100%. Like I said, I don't believe there is a car today that offer more then what the SC430's was designed for. The SC430 just feels so refine! Even the much more expensive and updated SL550 are not a match. Especially if you look at how good the SC430 age, a 6 years old SC430 feels better to me then a 2 years old SL550.

LEXUS builds the finest cars in the world, indeed.
Old 04-30-09, 07:40 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread but i just have to say it...

i LOVE the SC430! Hopefully it'll be my next car....im pretty sure it'll look good beside my SC300 lol
Old 05-07-09, 11:00 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Since there's been a recent influx of "New Lovers" of the SC430 here, let's hear what they have to say.......Sho yo Luv!!!

Do you still LOVE your SC430?

Even if you recently bought it?

It don't matter when or how long you've had it,
you'v gots to luv it.

Peace

Originally Posted by P Weezy
I know this is an old thread but i just have to say it...

i LOVE the SC430! Hopefully it'll be my next car....im pretty sure it'll look good beside my SC300 lol
I would say that's a very good match made in heaven.

Last edited by martini3; 05-07-09 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-07-09, 02:10 PM
coupdabill
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up sc430

Still lovin it, oh I just got it in Feb of 09
Went from a Z3 BMW to a Cadillac seville to a
350Z to this SC430, pure heaven Thank you GOD &
Lexus of Rockville Center,the best for personnel attention.
Love it
Old 05-07-09, 02:10 PM
flygirl62
Driver School Candidate

I thought I loved it 'till the clunk from under the front began the day I drove it off the lot (CPO '06 with 12K on it). Not sure if it's worth $70k new in today's market, but it's so solid and unique that a low mileage used one seems like a good bet.

The car seems very well thought out generally, missing is a backup camera like my Prius had, and the way you have to pull the brake release lever by hand (clunk! every time it's released and the pedal comes up) seems a bit primitive. Also the plastic around the gear shifter scratches easily, apparently.

Love the quiet and low revving V8, how it's mellow until pushed, then lets loose with a snarl. The car feels like an old MBZ, with stiff shocks but soft springs, and a weighty feel to the controls. It's good, a nice overall balance, much more satisfying to me than my old '97 Porsche 993 Carrera, which was fast and fun but too spartan and ergonomically challenged inside to suit my tastes.
Old 05-07-09, 02:47 PM
driftway
Driver School Candidate

Yup, will join in. This car is a 10.

Unlike some others here, I think my 02 sc430, bought 10/08 with 35k miles, is perfect completely stock, with original wheels as well.
Owned 2 mercedes, and this is just a level higher, no doubt about it.
Mine is black / saddle, and just today got a thumbs up from an attractive female.
Old 05-07-09, 04:19 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by karmann
I have read reviews where they say the car is ugly. But I think it is the most original and beautiful car in the world and everyone I meet seems to agree. Some may not like it as it is not traditional. I dont think the car is perfect but I cant think of any other car I would rather own other than maybe a SL if I could trust its reliability. Actually I hope there will be a car that will interest me as I dont want to keep it for 25 years as I like new and cars keep improving.
Actually karmann I want to keep my SC until 2020, it is the best car I've ever owned (31 and counting) and my fourth Lexus. It is superb in every area and does exactly what it was designed to do, and is never in the shop !! The compliments I receive on the car just keep coming from total strangers who still can't believe Lexus makes a drop top. Just think, a car now seven years in production and people still think it just made it's debut !!
Old 05-07-09, 04:26 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Love it! Wish I could drive it more...Hard to turn into the parking lot at work every morning. Almost want to go the long way if I could just get up early enough!

Quick Reply: 7 years since it's debut and still going strong....Do you still LOVE your SC430?