SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Bit Again By The Mod Bug..Ready For Anti-Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 12:50 AM
MrSC43
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit Again By The Mod Bug..Ready For Anti-Sway Bars

Okay folks I was driving home this evening and realize it's time to invest in Daizen anti sway bars. What I want to know is it worth putting them on before lowering the car. And how hard is DIY installation, mind you I'm not Lee nor do I have the spit shined garage.
Old 01-25-07, 02:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

it's pretty easy to do the sways. and definitely worth doing that even before you lower the car. i have read several people with stock suspension, put in the sways and they love it
Old 01-26-07, 08:46 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not hard but air tools are your friend also having a friend around isnt a bad idea, not needed if you got an extra jack laying around but sure is easier. just make sure you dont over torque or gun the rods that connect to the sway bars because they can strip very easily. Also dont forget for the rear sway bar its reversed and you need a hex key and I believe a 14mm wrench to tighten it. I would reccomend using a gear wrench, now is a good time for more tools!!
Old 01-26-07, 08:52 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Tony
I find it easier with both ends of an axle up in the air as the sways attach to the links on the control arms and thing bolt up quicker if the wheels are at a even level. So jack up the rear together and once completed lower the rear and raise the front. The rear is easy, jack under the diff. The front requires lifting from both sides. Don't forget jack stands;had a jack go out on me years ago with no jack stand and luckily I was not under the car otherwise I would not be typing this. Learned my lesson that day.
But yes, it makes a big difference even on stock height cars. Most seem to set the rears in the middle hole. You will know what I mean once you get it.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 01-27-07 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-26-07, 09:00 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I dont have an sc430, but i do have daizen sways on my GS400. I would imagine the installation is the same on both cars. The installation is very easy. I did have problems with the nut falling off, as so do some people. You might want to try to find some lock nut with nylon insert. Or get yourself some loctite for the thread. On my car, I used lock-washers also just because I lose so many OEM nuts

I had a TRD rear sway bar on my GS when I had the stock suspension and it help quite a bit with body roll. I would imagine a full set of daizen would help you out.
Old 01-26-07, 09:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSteg
I dont have an sc430, but i do have daizen sways on my GS400. I would imagine the installation is the same on both cars. The installation is very easy. I did have problems with the nut falling off, as so do some people. You might want to try to find some lock nut with nylon insert. Or get yourself some loctite for the thread. On my car, I used lock-washers also just because I lose so many OEM nuts

I had a TRD rear sway bar on my GS when I had the stock suspension and it help quite a bit with body roll. I would imagine a full set of daizen would help you out.
i did remember loctite being used during installation
Old 01-26-07, 10:47 AM
MrSC43
Driver School Candidate

You guys have been a world of help. Thanks a bunch
Old 01-27-07, 10:18 PM
mmaloy
Driver

Hey, what have you guys paid for the Daizen sways, just wanna get an average?
Old 01-27-07, 10:30 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think I paid around 500 or so through TM. Seen them for 350 used a while back
Old 01-27-07, 11:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup, new ones are like 450 or 500 i forgot, not really much discount on that
Old 02-05-08, 05:04 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

what should i expect to pay for a set of daizen anti sway bars for a 2005 sc430

mrblister
Old 02-05-08, 05:16 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid $500 ordered mine about a month ago and they gave me an eta of mid Feb. You wont get them anywhere in stock at the moment.

That was from sewells
http://www.lexus-parts.com/parts_det...id=86762&all=Y
Old 02-05-08, 05:31 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Smile top tower strut bar

Hi newbee here, I have a 2005 sc430 pebble beach. I have put on staggered 20 " donz rims 20 x 10 and 20 x 8 toyo tires with slotted and drilled rotors . I am about to install a set of daizen anti sway bars. I have been reading and consensus seems to say set the rear on middle hole. I have no plans to lower
the car. My question is i want to install a tower strut bar I have seen them on ebay for 165.00 + ship no namer brand supposed to be aircraft grade aluminum. I would like to put on a quality product can any one steer me in
the right direction as far as what i should buy and what is the proper way to install . I have been reading i will need longer attaching bolts. any help would be appreciated . I have allready done the back up camera with the nav tool also 8 disk dvd changer in trunk and a single disk dvd player in glove box which is also a tv tuner [ got to be sitting still to get decent reception ] I also installed a stebel horn [ very loud air horn to scare the idiots that get in your way ]. I have a hidden toggle switch to turn stebel horn off when if [I] park the car in a under ground garage the oem horns are loud enough in case my alarm goes off if i leave the stebel horn active someone might throw a brick at my car to shut it off

all answers will be greatly appreciated

Buddy
[email]mrblister@earthlink.net
Old 02-05-08, 05:36 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Excuse my lack of knowledge What is a full Wald KIt [ is that calipers ? ]

Buddy
Old 02-05-08, 06:40 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
Excuse my lack of knowledge What is a full Wald KIt [ is that calipers ? ]

Buddy
just bodykit, front, rear and side skirts.

Not many Wald kits on this forum

Quick Reply: Bit Again By The Mod Bug..Ready For Anti-Sway Bars