SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

My SC430 Photoshoot by Razox this 7/4 weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-06, 09:09 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow henry, very nice photos. Your ride is sic! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-04-06, 09:19 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

WOW, those are some amazing pics Nice job
Old 07-04-06, 09:21 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome pics...

Old 07-04-06, 09:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow you guys are fast so yeah seems like couple of you have seen eric's work before huh? i saw his work on the 2is and 3gs and i already went wow and wow... showed the pics to my wife and she love it too. talked to eric several times offline and i guess the rest was history

although i am sure no matter what i do i can't learn those photography skills, but i do noticed one thing that day -- the final pics look good, but the process to get there, the time spent, and the number of "random" pics taken? insane
Old 07-04-06, 09:32 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The pictures truly show what a piece of art you have Henry.
Dan
Old 07-04-06, 09:44 PM
sdsilverm3
Rookie

The pictures came out great as usual Eric. Glad I could lend a hand. Just give me a holler if you need assistance again. I'll be more than happy to tag along assuming I don't have any prior plans.

Awesome car and, Henry, it was a pleasure meeting you and Ritsa. It was a long time to be stuck inside a parking structure but I hope it was worth every minute.

As for my car in the shoot: I didn't plan on doing anything with the car that day (didn't even wash it). I was just there to help Eric but he wanted to do something different at the end of the shoot. I'm not a fan of multi-car shoots either because it takes away focus from the main subject.

Until next time....
Old 07-04-06, 09:50 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Henry, great pics man; just awesome. Did you paint the grill black, or just shows that way? I removed the 'L' too, but my grill is dark gray, not black. And just noticed the '06 grille has the 'L' built-in (yikes!).

May I ask you about your wheels? Never heard of 'Traffic Star' before. Is it the brand or the model? What size/offset are they, and do they accomodate TPMS sensors? That shows you can buy awesome wheels without having to spend a fortune on name brands. Or maybe it's an expensive brand as well??? I'd like a nice set of wheels, but don't want to spend a fortune. Take care.
Old 07-04-06, 09:55 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Awesome pictures...the car looks great. My fave pic out of the bunch is the straight on side profile shot..AWESOME just AWESOME! Oh, and Romin, I see you met my friend with the LM's
Old 07-04-06, 10:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Seize
Awesome pictures...the car looks great. My fave pic out of the bunch is the straight on side profile shot..AWESOME just AWESOME! Oh, and Romin, I see you met my friend with the LM's
hey man, i have to apologize, i am very bad on name. i was talking to ling about who he knows from clublexus, he said all he knows are is300 owners!!!! and i couldn't remember your name @_@ so what's the deal here i was almost sure he knows you!!!! and thanks man. indeed, the pic you like most, that's our (me and my wife) fav pic of all too!!!!!! talk about classy!!!

jc, actually i just took off the L that's all. they are all still gray / silver, no change at all. i guess it's just the angle and the lighting

trafficstar are jdm wheels. made by riverside. you might have heard of maya here in the US? riverside made the same wheels for them as well, when they came to the US they are badged as maya. but i prefer jdm version so i got the trafficstar in japan and shipped them over.

the front is 20x9 +30 with 255/35/20 and the rear is 20x10.5 +29 with 285/30/20. they don't accomodate the tps, so i just took them off and unplug the system. so far works is the only company i know with tps ready.

and yup, you are right about the price. in fact the wheels are NOT expensive at all. by that i mean compared to my hre wheels. these are much cheaper and i think they are just as good. i have trafficstar on both my gs400 and sc430, and both cars are our daily drivers. never a problem and going good so far.

with one car (gs400), i could afford to pay more, but with two cars (gs400 and sc430), i have to go cheap, lol
Old 07-04-06, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
The pictures came out great as usual Eric. Glad I could lend a hand. Just give me a holler if you need assistance again. I'll be more than happy to tag along assuming I don't have any prior plans.

Awesome car and, Henry, it was a pleasure meeting you and Ritsa. It was a long time to be stuck inside a parking structure but I hope it was worth every minute.

As for my car in the shoot: I didn't plan on doing anything with the car that day (didn't even wash it). I was just there to help Eric but he wanted to do something different at the end of the shoot. I'm not a fan of multi-car shoots either because it takes away focus from the main subject.

Until next time....
seriously ling, without your help i don't think we could have done it and it was always nice checking out your car. next time i'd like to sit in it and feel the speed. after dinner we got on the freeway, you sped so fast i couldn't even see your taillights

Originally Posted by Dan_K
The pictures truly show what a piece of art you have Henry.
Dan
thanks dan, and i still need to check with you (or todd? ) later to see how come you dont' rub
Old 07-04-06, 10:12 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

........................................ (speechless)
Old 07-04-06, 10:25 PM
sdsilverm3
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
hey man, i have to apologize, i am very bad on name. i was talking to ling about who he knows from clublexus, he said all he knows are is300 owners!!!! and i couldn't remember your name @_@ so what's the deal here i was almost sure he knows you!!!! and thanks man. indeed, the pic you like most, that's our (me and my wife) fav pic of all too!!!!!! talk about classy!!!

seriously ling, without your help i don't think we could have done it and it was always nice checking out your car. next time i'd like to sit in it and feel the speed. after dinner we got on the freeway, you sped so fast i couldn't even see your taillights

Hahaha, I always get is300.net and CL confused. Yes, I did forget to mention I know Seize. Doh! Small world.

My car is just aiiite. A little more torque than the SC but my interior is just plain Jane, nowhere as luxurious as the one in your car.

Last edited by sdsilverm3; 07-04-06 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-04-06, 10:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Phenomenal photos Eric. You need to do my car one of these days!

Henry, you should have him do the GS too.
Old 07-04-06, 11:07 PM
mellowcmb
Rookie

Sweeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-06, 11:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by flipside909
Phenomenal photos Eric. You need to do my car one of these days!

Henry, you should have him do the GS too.
actually, that was the plan, ryan. but schedule didn't work out and i don't know when i am driving my gs400 down not to mention we will need to drive both cars down to SD as well but hopefully, that will happen some day

Quick Reply: My SC430 Photoshoot by Razox this 7/4 weekend