SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Successful SC430 Key Programming

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-14, 10:45 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by barncat
Yes, I have a working master key. I worked through all steps a number of Times. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.
I have 2005 and was able tp program it first time. I would like to get a look at your instructions and compare them to mine. I kind of remember that there is a instruction or 2 that was different on my 2005 compared to other years..

As I recall there was a whole series of open doors close doors turn key open doors etc step on brake. I kind of thought it was stupid when I was doing it but it worked the first time. I had to insert the orig master then remove and put in the new key . The remote programs after you program the immobilizer chip .
Old 04-05-14, 12:16 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at the first post in this forum topic. Those are the directions I followed.
Old 04-05-14, 03:49 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by barncat
Look at the first post in this forum topic. Those are the directions I followed.
I will compare those instructions to the ones I have
On Monday when I am back In my office and will
Let you lnow
Old 04-07-14, 09:07 AM
joe1000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrblister
Let you lnow
I do not think you ruined your key. I think you will just have to start from the beginning. Please read the directions in the first posting in this thread. They do work. You will now need to follow both sets of instructions. The first set to get the key to start the car, the second to get the three buttons programmed.

Also, this instruction was added by a member a few posts after the first instructions and I think it is important:

"I found ACC-ON works much better. If you go too far and get to LOCK position you will not get the flashing light. Also putting the new key in the on position seemed to be required rather than just in the ignition for programming to complete."

Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-14, 08:30 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joe1000
I do not think you ruined your key. I think you will just have to start from the beginning. Please read the directions in the first posting in this thread. They do work. You will now need to follow both sets of instructions. The first set to get the key to start the car, the second to get the three buttons programmed.

Also, this instruction was added by a member a few posts after the first instructions and I think it is important:

"I found ACC-ON works much better. If you go too far and get to LOCK position you will not get the flashing light. Also putting the new key in the on position seemed to be required rather than just in the ignition for programming to complete."

Hope this helps.
I tried this again a number of times without success. The security light never goes off after one minute. Any other hints?
Old 04-09-14, 06:07 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrblister
Let you lnow
This is a PDF of the instructions I used to program my key for immobilizer and remote programing.

I did not compare it to the first post of this thread
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
key page 1 & 2.pdf (501.6 KB, 431 views)
Old 04-10-14, 01:15 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Thanks for the help. The directions are a little different. I.e. Wait 2 minutes rather than one minute. I went to the dealer and had it done. $33 and a car wash so wasn't too bad! Now I'm good to go! Again, thanks for helping!
Old 04-15-14, 06:18 PM
mikesgym
Driver School Candidate

Bought my SC last fall. It came with one key and I wanted an extra so I followed Joe1000 (post 116) and bought the ebay key for $80 plus $3.50 shipping. Had it cut at local hardware store for $5.00 Programmed key and remote with instructions at beginning of this post.
I couldn't be happier. This key looks and works exactly like my original Lexus key .
Thanks to everyone on this forum.
Old 11-14-14, 08:37 AM
britsti
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006+

Can anyone confirm that this works for the 2006+ cars, as I have jumped through the hoops on the instructions a few time with no luck in programming a new master key. In reading the thread, it looks like all the comments come from 2002-2005 cars?
Old 11-15-14, 08:41 AM
Golddust40
Driver School Candidate

Default Programming 2002 SC430 transponder key

I programmed a transponder key for my 2002 SC430. I bought the key on ebay for $9.49 and paid a locksmith $30.00 to cut the key. I followed the steps for programming this key (no remote). On the way home the check engine light came on. I hoped this would not interfere with my programming the new key (it did not). I tried over and over again with no success. I tried one last time before going back to the locksmith for programming. This time I turned the ignition on 5 times and opened and closed the door 6 times and took the master key out of the ignition and put the new key in doing it as fast as I could approx 10 to 12 secs and it worked. I hope this helps someone.
Remote key Programming

http://www.ekeylessremotes.com/click...uctions-lex-1/

Programming with just the starter chip

http://my.is/forums/f221/diy-key-reprogramming-334593/

Successful 2002 SC430 programming
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ogramming.html
Old 11-15-14, 08:45 AM
britsti
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate the feedback and that approach is confirmed for the 2002-2005's - just looking for any confirmation on this approach with a 2006-2010.

Originally Posted by Golddust40
I programmed a transponder key for my 2002 SC430. I bought the key on ebay for $9.49 and paid a locksmith $30.00 to cut the key. I followed the steps for programming this key (no remote). On the way home the check engine light came on. I hoped this would not interfere with my programming the new key (it did not). I tried over and over again with no success. I tried one last time before going back to the locksmith for programming. This time I turned the ignition on 5 times and opened and closed the door 6 times and took the master key out of the ignition and put the new key in doing it as fast as I could approx 10 to 12 secs and it worked. I hope this helps someone.
Remote key Programming

Programming with just the starter chip

http://my.is/forums/f221/diy-key-reprogramming-334593/

Successful 2002 SC430 programming
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ogramming.html
Old 11-19-14, 06:29 PM
Golddust40
Driver School Candidate

To Britsti
Try this website to find your key programming instructions maybe they are different.
Old 11-24-14, 11:55 AM
mikesgym
Driver School Candidate

I took my eBay key to a local hardware. He cut it but would not guarantee it.. Took it home and programmed it like the above instructions.. works fine.
Old 04-17-15, 07:33 PM
melissavac
Driver School Candidate

I have 2002 Sc430, when I purchased seller only had 1 key. My key cracked & I lost the guts (chip). I have purchased 2 cut keys from Ebay & engine turns over but it won't start. How can I program these WITHOUT a working key?????
Old 04-17-15, 07:54 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Follow the directions on the previous threads. Good luck. Worst case, you will have to call a locksmith.

Quick Reply: Successful SC430 Key Programming