SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Enjoying Luxury -- First Ever Annual SC430 Meet (huge pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-06, 11:12 PM
mellowcmb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee,

Great pics!!! Ruby and I really enjoyed meeting you and Lynette. Props to you on capturing the finer moments of the meet. Love that camera of yours.

Carlo
Old 04-30-06, 11:59 PM
mmaloy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ask not what your SC430 can do for you, but what the hell, 11 of them can do alot!

Holy crap you guys! Was that fun or what? Believe it or not Lisa & I just got back from the trip. (it's currently Sun.- 11:00 pm.) We stayed the night and went to Hearst Castle the next day. At the Castle I was saying to myself, "Ya, this is big house and all, but cruising around in a world class cruiser with a bunch of world class people in 10 other world class rides is cooler than living William Randolph Hearst's version of "Cribs". Needless to say, Lisa and I had a blast with everyone who made it to the shin dig. You where all so friendly and excepting of me and my red SC even though I only became a member 2 days prior to the event. I get a true feeling of camaraderie and it's great to share the passion for the world of autosport with some way cool people! I look forward to the next event and will help and participate however I can.

By the way, after you all left, Lisa and I where cruising down front street at about 10:30pm in Morro Bay (the street on the water with all the shops where people hang out) and as we passed by we heard a few folks saying, "hey check it out, there's one of those Lexus' that where all lined up down Main Street. Those where bad ***! " This was 6 or 8 hours after the fact so I guess we all made quite an impression in the sleepy little town of Morro!- Priceless!

Also, I have the video of all of the tops being dropped together, it's way cool! Any suggestions on how to post it would be appriciated.

Thanks again everyone!!!
Old 05-01-06, 12:07 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Mike,
I would be happy to host it.
Lee
Old 05-01-06, 12:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hey lee, clear your pm box!!!!! i need to talk
Old 05-01-06, 02:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Enjoying Luxury -- First Ever Annual SC430 Meet

Hi everyone,

So it happened. It started out about two months ago with a little request from GSXOTIC (Mark), "hey let's have a SC430 meet". Ideas were thrown around, couple calls were made, several polls setup, and with the help from a few dedicated members here on ClubLexus, we pulled off the improbable -- first ever SC430 only meet.

When we kicked off the idea I was indeed a bit skeptical about how many members would come, considering that this was a all Califonia meet, meaning everyone would have to drive considerable distance. But a quick polled showed how much heart and class members here are, and I put myself into position to make this happen.

The official meet was on 4/29 Saturday, but some arrived on 4/28 already, and some didn't leave until 4/30. The location was San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay, which are in the central Califonia along the coast line, where a lot of families spend their vacation time at.

The weather wasn't coorperating the day of the meet, but it didn't turn down any of the excitement. Several of us (me, Mark, Dwyane (Damlex), Mike (mmaloy) woke up early at around 3-4am, we met up with each other on the road, and started our socal convoy up along the 101. Dan (Dan_K) was running late but he caught up with us doing about 100mph (OK, at least...). The drive was fun, although so early in the morning but everyone was anxious for the meet.

Next thing you know, 3 1/2 hours passed by quick, each of us took turn in leading the convoy, and 5 of us arrived at our first stop -- Madonna Inn. That's where we met up with two more members, Lee (Pearlpower) and Carlo (mmellowb) for some tasty breakfast.

Shortly after breakfast, Mark (ValvetBlue) arrived as well from norcal, and our group increased to 8 cars. It's funny how everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, who passed by had to stop and looked at our cars, couldn't believe what they saw and couldn't stop talking to each other. We even saw another 2006 White on Carmel SC430 stopped and checked out our cars. Turned out they are from Vista Lexus in Thousand Oaks, and they asked if we were having some sort of event. We talked and I am glad we impressed them with our meet.

At around 10, our final convoy of 3 cars from norcal, Tee (teeman), Jeff (jsl757), and Gerald (gracia) arrived as well. With a total of 11 cars, we parked along the side of Madonna Inn, which has a very nice view and also right by the 101 highway, and took some spectacular pictures and videos. That was also our "official" introduction time for all members, since most of us actually met each other for the first time that day.

A lot of us actually brought our significant others as well (well that's pretty much how many people you can fit in the SC430), so it was great that while all guys were spending time checking our cars and taking pictures / videos, all the ladies were able to hang out and had their own fun time.

After taking pictures and video, we were set to show people what the real SC430 group can do. How about 11 cars rolling on 101 and I1 highway to Morro Bay, which is about 13 miles away from SLO? Let's just say it was completely insane. As you can see we owned the whole road. all the people on the road were completely floored by our presense. They were staring, talking, pointing, screaming, complimenting, you name it. From local roads on to highway, every turn, every intersaction, we got people talking about us. I am sure that was a feeling that everyone of us in the group truely enjoyed, and I for sure will remember it forever.

When arriving at Morro Bay, we actually missed our destination (Yes, Mike!!!!), but we ended up at an even better place for pics and for everyone to chill out further. Funny coz' we passed by a golf course, and I heard a guy working there yelling "wow damn look over there!" Great location for pics, and we took yet some more shots of our cars, and also pics of all the guys and ladies.

At around noon time, it was time of us to "split up" and enjoy the afternoon, shopping, sleeping (we found out later that most of us actually crashed!), etc... I still remember that when 11 of us left the location, couple of families were standing there looking at us leaving in a pack.

At that time we actually lost Jeff and Gerald already, as they had prior commitment. And soon after Dan_K had to leave for some emergency as well.

Four hours later, at around 5pm, all of us gathered again at our last program for the day, a nice dinner at the Inn at Morro Bay. Mark (GSXOTIC) had to leave as well for family reason, and the rest of us (13 people, 7 families) stayed there for our dinner.

The restaurant, called Orchid, was nice enough to have a special menu for us. I talked to their restaurant director, Mark, ahead of time and they were nice enough to setup everything for us. Dinner was very delicious I think, and I hope everyone had a great time.

8pm marked the end of the dinner and so was the meet. Folks were staying, but we (me and my wife) and Tee had to set off on our way home. We greeted each other, and 3 hours later, we were home at around 11:30.

It was definitely a very tiring day, considering that we woke up at 3am in the morning (so this was a 21 hour meet basically).

However, I think it was well worth everything. I have never been a meet of such class. The sense of closiness, where everyone talks to each other, not about cars but actually a lot about other stuff, the way how we all started out with one thing in common, SC430, to a day where we made a lot of good friends and had a lot of fun talking and eating. That's something I will never forget. This has been the type of meet I have wanted for a long long time. I finally saw it happened, and it was in a very high fashion way. We all did it together!

Thank you again everyone for making the meet possible!!!
Old 05-01-06, 02:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I just want to spend couple more minutes here to express my thanks.

To Gene (genearch): Thank you so much for all your tips and information about SLO and Morro Bay. Without your information, this meet wouldn't have been so smooth. All your instructions and suggestions worled out perfectly. We all thank you!!!!

To Mark (GSXOTIC): Thank you so much for your research on hotel stay and restaurant. Although you didn't get to try it, but the food was delicious!!! I know it was tax season for you and you were swamped with work, but your research definitely paid off. Thanks!

To Tee: We all have to thank Tee for his tremendous gifts to everyone of us. We all got a bottle of wine as our complementary gift for the meet! That's just spectacular! And of course, the typical cigar moment that Tee and Dwyane really enjoy. Thank you Tee, and thank you as well for the speech and the extra bottle of wine!

To Ritsa (mimi), my wife: What else can I do without you? She's so supportive on me during this whole event, from planning to executing. She doesn't mind the extra time I had to spend to make calls and plan schedule in the evening, and she even washed the whole car clean the day before the meet since I was not in town. I love you!!

To all the ladies: this meet would not be half as much fun without all of you. You guys brought tons of fun and joyce to us, from all the laughters to love. This "meet" turned into a "gathering" simply because of you!

To Mark Roemer of Orchid Restaurant: Thank you very much for all the last minute email on the food menu and number of parties. You guys are very professional and everyone loved the menu you made for us! That was such a great way to end the day. Thanks!

To Lee (and Lynette): Thank you for doing so much on taking the pics. The pics are truely amazing and you guys did so much on that drive to Morro Bay to take pics!

To Mike: Thanks for being our road guide along the way. Sorry I didn't know the roads clear enough ahead of time, it was great that you pretty much knew the directions already so we could go from places to places easily (well, except that you kept on missing the destinations, lol!) Thanks!

To all members: Thank you again for coming! I know it was a very long drive for everyone, and everyone had to wake up so early. But I hope you guys all enjoyed it. I sure did. This is one piece of great memory!
Mark (GSXOTIC): thank for all the support man, you know you did a lot!
Tee: thanks again for the wine, and that was a sweet speech at dinner!
Dan: we really have a mission to make you mod your LS430 now as well now, lol
Gerald: too bad we couldn't talk much, but you got yourself a very nice car there!
Jeff: nice seeing you again, hope you had a great time in LA man
Lee: thank god you were taking all the great pics, and of course treasure all the laugters
Mark (ValvetBlue): very nice meeting you, you had the only 2006 model there! i am sure we will talk more
Mike: i am glad that you joined CL just in time for the meet man, we all had fun
Carlo: finally we got to meet Ruby, she's so sweet!
Dwyane: so it's a promise you will come to EOS (end of summer) meet? tee will have his cigars there waiting for you!

And last of all, definitely a bit sorry to everyone for the long schedule. I was thinking about early start so everyone could spend the afternoon with their family to go shopping or relax at the beach. But ended up the sun didn't come out at all the whole day, and a lot of us crashed in the afternoon coz' of the long day. Sorry about that. Especially to the ladies, I know it must be really hard on you guys. But thanks for everything!!!

Last edited by rominl; 05-01-06 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-01-06, 03:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have a lot of pics, but since lee and gangs posted most of them already, here's my little contribution. you can see all the pics here in my gallery.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh.../6/ppuser/7957

on our way to SLO, this was when the sun sorta came out already

mark, mike, and dwyane, on our way to SLO

right after breakfast (7 sc430)
Old 05-01-06, 03:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

indiviual cars:

mark (gsxotic)

my car

mike (mmaloy)

dan (dan_k)

carlo (mmelowb)

lee (pearlpower)

dwyane (damlex)

sorry about the other 4 cars, i totally forgot to take pics of them individually
Old 05-01-06, 03:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

what's a good way to show off over 600k?

Old 05-01-06, 03:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

cruise pics

we were at morro bay!!!

you coudln't even see the end of the sc430 line

Old 05-01-06, 03:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

morro bay stop

proof of tee and his wine / cigars!!!
Old 05-01-06, 03:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

power of two whites (me and mark)

Old 05-01-06, 03:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

shameless plug

Old 05-01-06, 03:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

our souvenir

two bottles of very nice wine from tee:

very personalized menu from restaurant
Old 05-01-06, 06:41 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Henry,

You forgot a memorable part of the drive up to the Madonna Inn: the guy walking across the highway and all of the panic braking. I thought that was a funny story and glad no one got "involved" with him.

Dan

Last edited by Dan_K; 05-01-06 at 06:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Enjoying Luxury -- First Ever Annual SC430 Meet (huge pics)