SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

it's been "boring" with all the 06 taillights.... (56k lunch time)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 11:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default it's been "boring" with all the 06 taillights.... (56k lunch time)

i bring you TWO cars with 06 taillights at the same time!!!!!

lol... yeah, been trying to stay quiet (though a lot of you know already), i bit the bullet and bought the 06 taillights upgrade. but how can i forget about my good friend mark (gsxotic)? so of course we did it together, and this past weekend was the big installation day.

installation didn't start until 5, but with the help of superb instructions from lee, we were able to finish all installation by 8. the installation was actually pretty straight forward, just a lot of labor, especially when you have to times everything by 2!!!!!!

i actually did some private homework ahead of time and did one better on my install. wanna know what? read on....

anyway, pics speak a lot, so here you go

two cars in the garage.... last time you see the old taillights

so many boxes on the floor

3 hours later, it's already dark!!!! my car already has the new lights (left side).

sorry it's dark
Old 03-21-06, 11:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

another angle to show the difference

after 3 hours and 3 broken nails.....
Old 03-21-06, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

so what's the trick? take a look here:

that's the new taillights right? but those with 06 taillights already, do you see any amber in the clear parts of the taillights? nop, it looks all clear right?

but it blinks amber!!!!!
Old 03-21-06, 11:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

secret is here:

see those amber bulbs? those are the factory ones. they blink amber. you need them coz' the turn signal part of the taillights are now clear and you need amber color bulbs to stay legal. however that has the stupid effect of seeing SOME amber through the clear lens!!!! to me that's silly.

so the sollution? look at the chrome bulbs above. you don't see amber, but the bulb actually blink amber!!!!!!!!!

see how clean it is?
Old 03-21-06, 11:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

so there you go our weekend of installation. hope you guys enjoy. at least for now mark's and my 06 sc430 taillights upgrade have something "special" didn't really care about led coz' i don't really want to see any warning lights (after all i paid for my ecu for a reason) on the dash, plus after trying some led before, i kinda prefer having something more original.

the 06 taillights are very nice. in the beginning my wife didn't pay much attention, but after the installation she loves them so much, she's so happy. now she's asking me about the clear sidemarkers too!!!!!!

oh and mark's wife is loving the new taillights a lot as well from what i heard
Old 03-22-06, 05:28 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on the '06 light install Henry I saw the same light mod on Billy's (1TYTESC) at a meet we had a while ago, and they really bring out the SC's rear, especially with the LED brakes on
Old 03-22-06, 05:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Nice job
Old 03-22-06, 07:55 AM
mellowcmb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks real nice guys!! I'm just glad I was partially there to see the HARD WORK you guys put into the project. A lot of labor indeed. At least I'll be prepared when I have to do mine someday. Good job!!

Carlo
Old 03-22-06, 08:02 AM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh henry and mark..

u guys always top it with that sweet cherry! thats simply sweet! awesome. im so jealous!

looking so so sexy! great job!

lisalisa
Old 03-22-06, 08:35 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Typical long pinky fingernail, why do chinese people do this? All of my 'older' family members have it too...
Old 03-22-06, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Typical long pinky fingernail, why do chinese people do this? All of my 'older' family members have it too...
that's not long fingernail, i cut it all the way to t meet already. my finders are like that nothing i can do about it

but thanks guys. trust me, the sc430 is hard to work with. compared to 10 mins on my gs400 for the taillights....

but i came to realize just how much details were put on the sc430 by lexus
Old 03-22-06, 09:17 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
its not chinese people I see alot of vietnamese people do this.

hey rominl how did you put the rubber thing back over the screw? I couldnt really do it
Old 03-22-06, 06:02 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool tailLights.....

.....just my 0.02 cents,,,,,now, put some Sylvania SilverStar turning signals in the front headlight.

they are Bluish when OFF, but when turning signals are ON, they turn Amber/Orange(what there suppose to be).......

www.sylvania.com (automobile lighting section)
Old 03-22-06, 06:35 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

hmmm... I dont think I ever seen pics of your car Rominl, but it looks great. I'm liking the new lights. A much cleaner look.
Old 03-22-06, 10:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by magneto112
hmmm... I dont think I ever seen pics of your car Rominl, but it looks great. I'm liking the new lights. A much cleaner look.
hahaa actually you are not the only one. i don't really have pics of my sc430 in full, just some pics here and there. somehow i am not as motivated to take pics of the car

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
its not chinese people I see alot of vietnamese people do this.

hey rominl how did you put the rubber thing back over the screw? I couldnt really do it
you didn't read my reply..... i don't keep long nails, i think it looks silly.... i already cut my nails to the meat, but they are like that

i didn't even use oil, i just twist it and it went in. both mine and mark's car. mark did one of them and he got it back in as well no problem

Originally Posted by rclab1

.....just my 0.02 cents,,,,,now, put some Sylvania SilverStar turning signals in the front headlight.

they are Bluish when OFF, but when turning signals are ON, they turn Amber/Orange(what there suppose to be).......

www.sylvania.com (automobile lighting section)
actually, front turn sigals, is it amber bulb or amber lens? i thought it's amber lens (usually that's the case for most cars). if so, then there is no point in changing the bulbs?

Last edited by rominl; 03-22-06 at 10:51 PM.

Quick Reply: it's been "boring" with all the 06 taillights.... (56k lunch time)