SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Blitz Cabin Filter vs Stock Filter

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-06, 04:59 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blitz Cabin Filter vs Stock Filter

Blitz cabin filter is in the blue the stock on is on the right.

The blitz is the one on the left, its a little blurry because its all white and the flash just made it look like that.

As you can see the stock one is kind of dull. My car has about 30k miles in 4 years but the filter is quite dirty. just touching it my fingers got dirty. The blitz one is pretty cool looking one side is blue but overall it just feels thicker. I think its a must for smokers the box has a cigerette on t as well as some other japanese stuff I can read. As you can see in one of the pictures it shows that you should wash it and let it sun dry so I guess its reusable. Look at the pictures below.

Good investment for $40, the $10 you pay for shipping is expensive, bundle it with something else from Carson.

The images shown are medium size images the blown up images are in the gallery just do a search under my name.

Old 03-03-06, 12:37 PM
NimaP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did this mod for my acura legend a long time ago.

all i did instead was go to home depot and buy a sheet of air filter for a home ac system, and cut it to match the stock filter. then just slid it in, and it worked beautifully. whole mod only cost me $5.
Old 03-03-06, 01:08 PM
TTile
Driver School Candidate

Supposedly it has catalysts that remove odors from the air, so it might be slightly better than just a piece of home ac filter from home depot.
Old 03-03-06, 01:08 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NimaP
i did this mod for my acura legend a long time ago.

all i did instead was go to home depot and buy a sheet of air filter for a home ac system, and cut it to match the stock filter. then just slid it in, and it worked beautifully. whole mod only cost me $5.

hmm I spent about $45 more so I could call it JDM
Old 03-03-06, 01:33 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

for the blitz filter, I've had it for a few months now and the old filter I pulled out was a lot dirtier than yours. Just think what your breathing.
Old 03-07-06, 04:11 PM
clubaddict
Driver

Originally Posted by TTile
Supposedly it has catalysts that remove odors from the air, so it might be slightly better than just a piece of home ac filter from home depot.
maybe activated carbon?
alot of air purifiers out there have a combination of HEPA filter to clean the air and Activated Carbon filter for odors..
Old 03-07-06, 07:16 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

I sniffed it didnt smell anything. Maybe its the blue part of the filter? dont think it has carbon
Old 03-07-06, 09:29 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Tony
Looks great. I may have to order me up one of those. I am sure mine is filthy.
Old 09-07-07, 09:07 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

old thread, but does the blue side go up facing the top of the dash or down facing the floor.... thanks
Old 09-07-07, 09:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

there should be an arrow on the side of the filter telling you "air flow". you should be able to compare it with stock?
Old 09-07-07, 09:23 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should be up.
Old 09-08-07, 04:06 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
there should be an arrow on the side of the filter telling you "air flow". you should be able to compare it with stock?

there is an "air flow" arrow on the new filter. the old filter doesnt have this blue stuff on the one side like the blitz, its the same on both sides so theres no comparison. which brings me back to my original question to anyone with the blitz filter; whats proper installation, blue side facing up towards the top of the dash, or down towards the floor? the arrow doesnt help. all the instructions and pics are in japanese, so if the arrow on the filter says "airflow" with an "up" arrow, who knows what that means. it could mean the blue side faces the air blowing at it so it hits that first, or the blue side points away going with the flow of air so it hits the blue side on the way out. im 99% sure it doesnt matter because it probably does nothing anyway but i was just curious about "correct" installation. (i just realized this thread was in the sc430 section, i didnt notice when i did the original search but thanks for your help anyway guys)

Last edited by upstateGS4; 09-08-07 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-12-11, 02:13 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Anyone have a good source for the Blitz cabin filter? The place I ordered from last time is now quoting "four to eight weeks special delivery from Japan." Methinks I can do better.

BTW, I had my car in for service and the dealer suggested replacing the filter -- for $87.20!!! Considering the Sewell sells the OEM filter for $31.00 (presumably making a profit), this means that my dealer wants $56.20 for labor to install the filter. I'm guessing that they have a chuckle when customers actually agree to that.
Old 05-12-11, 04:19 PM
rennwerkes
Rookie

Sorry, but why would you want to use a Blitz filter over an OEM one that'll be cheaper and still does the job of filtering air going into the cabin?
Old 05-12-11, 04:40 PM
UnSub
Driver

Originally Posted by rennwerkes
Sorry, but why would you want to use a Blitz filter over an OEM one that'll be cheaper and still does the job of filtering air going into the cabin?
In the long run the Bltz is cheaper because you wash, allow to dry and reuse.

Quick Reply: Blitz Cabin Filter vs Stock Filter