SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430-Most compliments I have ever received

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 10:26 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 968 vs SC430

Hmmmm, let’s see, .$1.00 to sit in it, $5.00 for a ride, $100.00 for 5 hour drive. I can start to make up for the mod money spent!

Funny thing last night. I just pulled up in the driveway in the 968 from a test drive to make sure I put the engine back together properly (so far so good) and my neighbor came over and said, "Finally got that thing going, huh?". We looked at it for a few seconds and I said, "Sure is a good looking car, isn't it?” , which he replied , "If you say so, I like that one", point to my SC.
Poor 968 gets no respect from anyone but me. No one in the family likes it. All friends but one care less about it. Too bad because it actually is a nice little car. I have only received a hand full of compliments in that car since the day I have owned it.
Old 02-15-06, 11:25 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Hmmmm, let’s see, .$1.00 to sit in it, $5.00 for a ride, $100.00 for 5 hour drive. I can start to make up for the mod money spent!

Funny thing last night. I just pulled up in the driveway in the 968 from a test drive to make sure I put the engine back together properly (so far so good) and my neighbor came over and said, "Finally got that thing going, huh?". We looked at it for a few seconds and I said, "Sure is a good looking car, isn't it?” , which he replied , "If you say so, I like that one", point to my SC.
Poor 968 gets no respect from anyone but me. No one in the family likes it. All friends but one care less about it. Too bad because it actually is a nice little car. I have only received a hand full of compliments in that car since the day I have owned it.

I cant help but just laugh. If you want lee you can just gimie your 968 and you can have my SC then you will get twice the compliments
Old 02-15-06, 12:26 PM
damlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its Beautiful

I pulled into Best Buy and a beautiful girl in an average car and told me “you have a beautiful car.” I took a second smiled, looked at her car and said “You have a beautiful driver!!” Super magical moment till I looked at the Beautiful rock on her ring finger…..
Old 02-15-06, 02:49 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by damlex
I pulled into Best Buy and a beautiful girl in an average car and told me “you have a beautiful car.” I took a second smiled, looked at her car and said “You have a beautiful driver!!” Super magical moment till I looked at the Beautiful rock on her ring finger…..
My wife loves the sc430 but I'd be pissed if she gave a guy a compliment. Around here, guys take it the wrong way, they think the girl is interested in more than the car. I hope the dirl who complimented your car doesn't do that too often. It could happen with the wrong guy one day.
Old 02-15-06, 04:34 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

That's a nice one. Good comeback.
Old 02-15-06, 09:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ah damnit, almost........

and lee, forget about the porche now!
Old 02-15-06, 11:51 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
ah damnit, almost........

and lee, forget about the porche now!
LOL. Going to be sold shortly so I have no choice.
Old 02-19-06, 03:42 PM
Pebbles
Driver School Candidate

Default Less of a showstopper in SoCal...

I get a couple every two or three months. Mostly when the top is either going up or down. The Red interior is either love or hate. I have to say that in my area of town (Northern San Diego), I see three or four SCs a day. The other day I saw the Porsche Carrera GT going down the street that was a show stopper...
Old 02-22-06, 05:05 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have several favorite moments in my SC430. However, perhaps the most favorite was when I took my Mom for a quick ride when she was suffering with lung cancer. I had taken a few months off from work and went to my Mom's house in Massachusetts to take care of her. It was summer and I wanted to get her outside so that she could enjoy the weather. Fortunately, I had driven the SC from my home in Maryland to get there. That day, I suggested a drive with the top down and she accepted. We drove along the beach (Martha's Vineyard) and into town to get groceries. Mom stayed in the car while I went into the grocery store. When I returned to the car I saw that she had a smile on her face that wouldn't stop. I asked her what was so pleasing to her and she told me that several people had approached her and requested to take a picture with her and the car. [It gets even better.] Mom then told me that she told "those people" that it was her son'e car and that she would have to ask him first!

The moral to this story is that you can never stop making your mother proud!
Old 02-23-06, 05:58 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
I have several favorite moments in my SC430. However, perhaps the most favorite was when I took my Mom for a quick ride when she was suffering with lung cancer. I had taken a few months off from work and went to my Mom's house in Massachusetts to take care of her. It was summer and I wanted to get her outside so that she could enjoy the weather. Fortunately, I had driven the SC from my home in Maryland to get there. That day, I suggested a drive with the top down and she accepted. We drove along the beach (Martha's Vineyard) and into town to get groceries. Mom stayed in the car while I went into the grocery store. When I returned to the car I saw that she had a smile on her face that wouldn't stop. I asked her what was so pleasing to her and she told me that several people had approached her and requested to take a picture with her and the car. [It gets even better.] Mom then told me that she told "those people" that it was her son'e car and that she would have to ask him first!

The moral to this story is that you can never stop making your mother proud!
thats by far the best compliment yet.
Old 03-06-06, 07:21 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Default Finally I can relate.

Okay I've only had my SC for a week so don't have as many or as a great as story as some of you guys. Of course I get the honks and along with all the jaw drops from groupies (men and women) but the best was when my G/F and I were at a light at night about to enter our garage in NY and this older guy who at first appeared intoxicated, stumbled past our car then did a double back and stared at our license plate (don't have my vanity yet). He did it like that cop from Law & Order Criminal Intent and leaned sideways. Then dude walks over to my window and yells thru the glass and says he thought I was his son because his son has this exact same one. My girl and I died laughing at drove home with our first SC moment.
Old 03-07-06, 09:52 AM
JillBS
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up SC 430 most compliments

I just got my used 2002 SC 430 (Navy) to replace my Merc. SLK230 -Ltd edition (Calypso Green) car..(I won't tell you what a nightmare that car was). Anyway, the first week I had the Lexus...I took it through the state inspection station...of course those familiar with such places would know that .. you have to get out of the car & let them drive it to test the brakes, suspension, emissions,etc Now in the past with the Mercedes..I've had double takes of my car probably due to the rare color... but rarely compliments to me directly. However, bringing the Lexus through the guy inside the station says, "this car is awesome... can you wait a few minutes before leaving so that I can call my girlfriend?" lol So flattered as I was.. I waited.. she came zooming in riding in her beautiful corvette. Asked to sit in the Lexus ..& then fell in love with it there on the spot! Since then, her as well as 6 other strangers have commented "but what do you do to afford that car?"...I reply back to them every time....it cost me no more than what you are driving...i bought it used for $29,000. They are baffled but its true even the new loaded Explorers as well as many loaded Minivans...same price as my Lexus. Its all on your priorities in life. With Lexus quality a few miles from a used one...is laughable & like new still. In addition, the 2002 looks almost identical to the 2006! Pass it on...
Old 03-07-06, 05:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hahah very nice!!!!

and seeing this as your first post, welcome to the club!
Old 03-07-06, 08:29 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JillBS
Since then, her as well as 6 other strangers have commented "but what do you do to afford that car?"...I reply back to them every time....it cost me no more than what you are driving...i bought it used for $29,000. They are baffled but its true even the new loaded Explorers as well as many loaded Minivans...same price as my Lexus. Its all on your priorities in life. With Lexus quality a few miles from a used one...is laughable & like new still. In addition, the 2002 looks almost identical to the 2006! Pass it on...
So so true...by the way welcome to CL and congrats on buying that pretty thing. I cant think of a better way to spend $30K (car wise).
Old 03-07-06, 09:25 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

that is a good one and welcome aboard!

Quick Reply: SC430-Most compliments I have ever received