SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
Old 01-06-15, 04:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

FAQ - SC430 Car Cover - Which one? (Merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-01, 12:14 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

BONLAW98: Yes, I'm sure the wait will be worth it -- have been "on order" for 5 months, with no delivery date in sight -- just waiting for the right phone call (got one on Friday from my salesman and was REALLY excited, but he had an "egyptian sand" -- I said "no thanks" on that one, and am holding tight waiting for my Indigo Ink/Ecru)...

Yes, "weathershield" it the right name -- has been a couple of months since I ordered. "Large" is the right size for the cover if you order from the place I mentioned. It is a custom fit from 30K patterns and made to order -- the "large" is just the way they are categorizing on the web for pricing purposes -- other web sites make you call them and they tell you a price. Yes, lock/cable and bag are extra.

I grew up in So Cal, and then spent many years in Hawaii -- know what you mean about UV -- I'm hopeful this cover will do the trick for me -- I would think it would for you also, but I don't plan to put it on every day like you either -- only occasional use when it's not in the garage.

My best.
Old 10-12-01, 01:00 PM
liners
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I procrastinated and then purchased a "factory" cover from my dealer- approx. $125.00. Fits great- even has pockets for the mirrors and a clear panel to show license plate.
Old 10-13-01, 12:07 PM
BONLAW98
Driver School Candidate

Default REPLY

GENE- WOW !!!! Aren't you thrilled to finally get into the car? BLACK takes a little extra care - but nothing looks better. Thanks for the info on the cover. Am still debating as to whether I would actually use it. How easy is it to put on and take off? If you use it outdoors do you get dusty? I basically wear a suit every day so it wouldn't look so hot if my clothing looked like I rolled in the dirt.
Enjoy your car- I know I sure do.

Liner- I appreciate the info. Looks like your cover works as well and is less expensive!!!!
Old 02-11-06, 02:19 PM
Zebedee001
Driver School Candidate

Default FAQ - SC430 Car Cover - Which one? (Merged threads)

I need advice on the best car cover for my sc430. I don't drive it when roads are salted (Ohio), but I will be leaving it in a secure lot at the airport (NOT covered). My main concern is ease of use (quick to put on) and will protect car from possible summer hail storms. I may use it to cover the car in garage in winter to help protect against kids/cats etc.

I know, I know, don't take it to the airport. Then again, why have this car if I can't enjoy driving it everyday. But that's a whole other thread.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice.

Jim
Old 02-11-06, 10:29 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I probably took a hit and bought my genuine Lexus car cover off of the parts department at my lexus dealership. For most it would probably not be the cheapest option, but I get deals there.

Another thing to note is that I only use it in a stored garage and it has been fine. I have no idea how it would hold up to exterior weather if left outside.

Steve
Old 02-12-06, 12:01 AM
Chambers
Driver

Originally Posted by herragge
Well, I probably took a hit and bought my genuine Lexus car cover off of the parts department at my lexus dealership. For most it would probably not be the cheapest option, but I get deals there.

Steve
do you know about how much the covers cost from the dealership?
Old 02-12-06, 12:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Chambers
do you know about how much the covers cost from the dealership?
i think new it's like 180 or so? but i have the lexus geniue one and i am trying to sell it for 100
Old 02-12-06, 07:48 PM
MisterE
Driver School Candidate

I was just at the dealer yesterday and they quoted me $299 for the sc430 cover.

Didn't make the purchase yet as I wanted to see what other options were available...
Old 02-13-06, 12:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

haha, well, whoever gives me 100 bucks get mine. like new, used only 2 times by previous owner
Old 02-14-06, 03:13 AM
PROY
Rookie

I paid $150 at the dealer. It's a good cover under weather conditions, you can pull it off after a rain storm and your car will still sparkle.
Old 02-14-06, 08:38 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I go to Walmart and find a full size sedan car cover. it's a little longer when you drape it over the car, but the trick is to:

1. spread it over the car.
2. from the back bumper, pull down slightly until the front bumper is flushed and tight at the bottom of the front bumper.
3. twist and curl the spare access into a rope-like thread and tuck it just under back bumper gap.
4. If parked outside, this prevents the cover to fly off during the night or day from the howling wind.

I paid about 40-50 bucks.
Old 05-05-07, 10:11 AM
jtimm
Driver School Candidate

Default Interior Car Covers

Hi,

Just picked up a 04 black 430 with saddle. I love it. Can anyone suggest a interior car cover? I saw several online and would like feedback.

Thanks
Old 05-06-07, 01:39 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Interior cover like this?
I am sure it takes more than 25 seconds for you to put that cover on the car.

Old 05-06-07, 05:25 PM
abbeyrd
Pole Position

Try Covercraft Flannel custom fit car cover. It is only for interior purposes. I had one for my BMW and now have it for my 2006 SC 430. Underside is nice and soft and will not scratch the paint.

http://www.covercraft.com/
Old 12-27-07, 07:21 PM
ncleri
Driver School Candidate

Question Car Cover Recommendation Needed

Hello all!

I'm looking to purchase a good quality exterior car cover for my '05 SC430. I live in Connecticut, so protection from rain, snow, cold, and wind is very important.

Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a car cover that would fit my needs.

Thanks for your assistance.

N.C.

Quick Reply: FAQ - SC430 Car Cover - Which one? (Merged threads)