SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-08, 05:52 PM
richl53
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking richl53

pics were fantastic took me 5 min thanks alot, now I would like to replace the door speaker covers and armrest
Old 11-21-08, 10:29 PM
jams001
Driver School Candidate

thanks for this kind of info you shared to us,from LINK DELETED ,keep it up a good work,hope you will not stop to contributing a good info like this,

Last edited by Pearlpower; 11-21-08 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-19-09, 10:47 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
OK here it is. Look under your dash on the drivers side. Left of the steering column. Look for the large silver box as pic'd and remove the black plug.That's it. No other side effects. This disables the audible only, not the light. Thanks Henry.
Lee

The picture on this does not come up. Does anybody have this picture? Would prefer to do this rather than opening up the center console. Thanks.
Old 01-26-09, 07:17 PM
twinsfan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to the great contributors of this thread. The pictures, instructions, etc. help many, like myself, save mucho dinero.
Old 02-07-09, 02:01 PM
Tenebrax
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
no pics here, but instructions.

- put shifter on N, screw off shifter
- open up center console
- pull the whole heated seat module straight up, it will come up. disconnect
- you will be able to pull up the "back" part of the shift plate area (close to center console)
- once it's up, the only point holding it are two clips right below the radio
- pull the shift plate towards the back of the car and a bit angle up. jiggle a bit and it will come off
- once it's out, you will see the TPS unit right below the radio
- unplug BOTH plugs, one small on the right and one bigger one on the left
- put everything back and enjoy

courtesy of todd of tm engineering, where i learned this information from
Am new to this and just purchased an 07 IS250AWD last weekend...took console apart but no module...where is it in 2007?
Old 02-20-09, 09:12 AM
Wheel Dr
Rookie

I have TPMS failure also three batteries dead.On a recent flight I scanned through the the Sky Mall mag, available in every airlines seatback and "LAB" their was a TPMS offered.250 bucks gets you a plug in unit, displays tire pressure at all 4 wheels and the monitors are on the valve stem where the cap would be.Batteries are built in and being smaller may last only a year or two, but you replace them not Lexus, no programing and no inside tire issues.If you want to disable your Lexus TPMS which gives you very little input"no tire pressure numbers or even which tire is low"this could be a viable option.This unit would be easy to steal with the top down, like a portable gps,on long trips it could be useful.
Old 03-19-09, 02:44 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by shpritz
Ditto, Thanks Lee...
ditto, you're a good man LEE, this should help every owner who hates those stupid sensors.
Old 03-22-09, 07:47 PM
adanna
Driver School Candidate

Default sc430

Originally Posted by rominl
wow thanks for the pic lee, that's awesome!!!! it can't be clearer
that was awsome this is my first time joining any forum and what a great way to start used the directions with your pics could not have been any better did this job in about 5 min. thanks a lot lee there are still nice people that want to help
Old 03-27-09, 08:54 PM
phatmic
Driver School Candidate

gentlemen !
please re-direct me to a post that shows me how to disable the TPM (both sound and light) fo an RX 350 year 2007.
I just bought a set of aftermarket wheels and i do not want to invest in sensors for now so for the summer i will run without TPM as the winter rims have the TPM.
it would be nice to be able to toggle between active and not active.
anyways, hope someone can help.
Old 04-22-09, 09:18 AM
SWTLYNN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am making the long awaited switch from the expletive deleted obscene gerund run flat tires to regular tires on our 2002 SC430. If the sensors are working properly, is it necessary to disable them or may I do so later when they begin to expire? THANKS in advance. I'm a new owner and looking for some guidance.
Old 05-24-09, 07:08 PM
slocounty
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Todd and Tm... I bought new Lexus (like on '06-'09) charcoal rims through ebay... the sensors were to come with the purchase blah blah blah....

Needless to say I'm not going to $pend good money after bad... I always check my own tire pressure anyway. With your help dis-arming the TPS took 5 minutes. Amazing how easily things pop out and then back into place.

Thanks again guys!

Manny

!!!The car looks gr8 with the new wheels!
Old 06-02-09, 02:03 AM
TNGUYEN571
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by talwang
Thanks, you guys.
It only took me 5 minutes.
If you have small hands like I do, you don't even need to screw off the shifter.

Edit: The 3rd photo is from a JDM soarer, but you get the idea.

Thank you for the photos I help my friend fix the blinking light problem,great information when you needed.I only unplug the big connector leave a small in and is working.

Last edited by TNGUYEN571; 06-02-09 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-03-09, 04:45 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

Am I to understand that the only thing those two connectors control is the TPM? That is hard to believe. I am considering purchasing a 2002 to replace my 2000 ES300 and I probably will disable the TPM. Please clarify if you can.

Thanks
Old 06-08-09, 10:11 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TNGUYEN571
Thank you for the photos I help my friend fix the blinking light problem,great information when you needed.I only unplug the big connector leave a small in and is working.
The small connector has something to do with the tire pressure antenna on the rear passenger side.

Originally Posted by iolmaster
Am I to understand that the only thing those two connectors control is the TPM? That is hard to believe. I am considering purchasing a 2002 to replace my 2000 ES300 and I probably will disable the TPM. Please clarify if you can.

Thanks
you just basically unplug the TPMS ecu.
get an OEM repair manual if you want to know all the technical details.
Old 09-06-09, 11:54 AM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm now a member of the TPMSless group. Thanks for the great instructions here! Like others have said, it only took a few minutes.

Quick Reply: How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?