SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 06:20 AM
mydakrri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered Blizak’s and rims from tire rack. I did not order the tire sensors so I will be disabling my system for the winter.

Does anyone know if a 2007 SC430 TPMS is located in the same area and if the procedure to disable it is the same?

Isn't there a fuse yoou could just pull to disable the system?

UPDATE: I got mine disconnected. I had a extra wire harness attched to the middle of the wood piece...not sure what that was for. I disconnected both wire harnesses and put things back together. All went really quick. However, I do have a blinking yellow light....I'll have to tape it tonight.

Thanks

Last edited by mydakrri; 01-11-12 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Add more info
Old 01-11-12, 03:35 PM
mydakrri
Driver

Originally Posted by mydakrri
I just ordered Blizak’s and rims from tire rack. I did not order the tire sensors so I will be disabling my system for the winter.

Does anyone know if a 2007 SC430 TPMS is located in the same area and if the procedure to disable it is the same?

Isn't there a fuse yoou could just pull to disable the system?

UPDATE: I got mine disconnected. I had a extra wire harness attched to the middle of the wood piece...not sure what that was for. I disconnected both wire harnesses and put things back together. All went really quick. However, I do have a blinking yellow light....I'll have to tape it tonight.

Thanks
I put the new tires/rims on tonight and I still have a flashing yellow light that goes to a solid yellow after a minute. Does anyone know how I could remove that bulb? Or get rid of the yellow light.
Old 02-07-12, 11:07 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Just disable it.
Old 03-05-12, 09:11 AM
mydakrri
Driver

[QUOTE=mandyfig;7000772]Just disable it.[/

I did disconnect both the wire harnesses located below the shift ….still have the flashing light.
Old 03-06-12, 07:57 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Ok I forgot. I did the tape behind the IC on this bulb so I do not see it. Suggest you do the same.
Old 03-09-12, 05:22 PM
assassinGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, the light has gone
Old 04-17-12, 08:48 PM
nktuner
Rookie

Just Disable it ! Take 5 Minutes ! Very good instruction here. Nice & Clear ! Thank You guys !
Old 07-02-12, 11:47 AM
eadamy
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2008 SC430 on which the run flats are to be replaced with standard tires as soon as the tires come in. I have decided to remove the TPMS sensors. I followed the excellent instructions and pictures here to disconnect the TPMS. Everything was as shown until I got to the dual plugs. The large (white) and small (dark) plugs are as shown but are reversed (small on left and large on right). I disconnected both plugs and reassembled the console. When I turn the engine on, the warning light flashes continuously. I note another reference in thread to difficulty with 07 & 08. Does this procedure not work with an 08 or is there an additional step required?

Message #170 makes reference to taping something behind the IC (instrument cluster?) but not clear what needs to be done.

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-02-12, 08:40 AM
firebird37
Driver School Candidate

This helpful forum is much appreciated! Thanks to all for the dedication and sharing!
Old 08-27-12, 10:31 AM
Scarletti
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

I've just followed the instructions in this thread (esp. the pictures)... many thanks!

My car is getting on a bit now (Oct 2001) and the 10 year lithium batteries have clearly had enough, not a bad run tbh.

Given the battery isn't user replaceable, and new Lexus TPM sensors are £145 each here in the UK (although if I order from Sewells I can save circa 40% on that) I think I'll wait till I have a bit of spare cash and put fresh ones back in on the next tyre replacement... or perhaps fit one of the aftermarket TPM kits that live on the outside (IE on the valve stems).

One of the valve stems is badly damaged... so I might experiment on trying to replace the battery on that one but I'm not optimistic as the batteries seem to be sealed in a sold wax/gel sort of arrangement :-(
Old 10-06-12, 11:46 PM
mtaalib3
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default tpms for 06 and newer

Still no response on how to disable the sensors AND the light for an 06 and newer Sc430? Anybody?
Old 10-07-12, 09:41 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mtaalib3
Still no response on how to disable the sensors AND the light for an 06 and newer Sc430? Anybody?
You are out of luck if you have an 08.
Just get the new TPMS and call it a day.
Old 10-25-12, 12:12 PM
thombiz
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Oct. 25 If anyone is interested, there is an SC430 Donut Spare currently on Ebay. See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-SC430-...ca8ed2&vxp=mtr

Good Luck.

Update: I purchased a 2012 Hyundai Genesis donut spare and it fits perfectly. There's plenty of extra room around the brake calipers. I was concerned that I would have to get a special hub centric ring to fit the spare wheel to the axle hub, but the wheel comes with tapered seats for the lug nuts and the stock lug nuts have a tapered section. Put the two together and the wheel is lug nut centered, not needing a hub centric centering ring shim. Anyone trying to put the spare tire on will have to remove the hub centering ring shim required by most new aftermarket wheels to get the spare to mount properly.

Last edited by thombiz; 11-06-12 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Update on fitment of Hyundai Genesis donut wheel
Old 03-25-13, 06:40 AM
cpkoch
Driver School Candidate

The arrows point to specific wires that enter the two connectors. IT is not clear to me if the wires are to be snipped off or the connectors are to be retracted.
Old 05-08-13, 05:25 PM
boxdude
Driver School Candidate

I have an 06 and did the mod but the light is still there. I have seen that 06 and newer cars don't respond to this mod... Anyone know how to get that light to go away? Also how do you get to the back of the cluster to disable or cover that light? I did the tape cover up over the plastic, but that is kinda tacky.... Any suggestions appreciated!

Quick Reply: How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?