SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-11, 03:11 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
yes. mine went quite a while before it starting beeping. once it starts, it's extremely annoying.
What caused the beep?
Old 07-21-11, 06:55 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Any feedback?
Old 07-28-11, 02:31 PM
djmichel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I hate to play the guessing game so I installed these sensors with a readout. There used in the Baha and numerous racing cars. The sensors weigh on 9 grams each. Monitors tire temp and pressure on each wheel real time. all for under 200 dollars.

http://www.tpms.ca/PTSD44PURCHASE.php
Old 09-09-11, 10:21 AM
Stevied925
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rominl your of post 12-05 is still helping new SC owners. Just unpluged my TPMS in about 4 min. Thanks for your time and effort. Steve
Old 09-10-11, 03:44 PM
NHsc430
Driver School Candidate

Default THANK YOU ROMINl!

Great post! worked perfect!!
Old 09-15-11, 09:18 PM
rlm02sc430
Driver School Candidate

new SC430 owner (2002).... Former owner replaced a sensor but "authorized dealer" could not re-set/register the code. Drove cross country with light on, no audio, no problem. Decided to see about getting TSM system re-set at Discount Tire so I might know IF I got a flat--- but even though sensors okay, they could not access or re-set (unique to 2002 I was told).... Personal friend is Auth Service Center for Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche, etc and was able to reset/re-program and light was out....
Twenty minutes later, it was on again----
Checked psi all around 32psi (33 recommended)... No flat, No audio

Is it possible he missed something? Like the glove box selector switch to position 2 instead of MAIN or am I stuck to go to Lexus Dealer? Don't think I want the $400- $600 sensor solution with repeat problems an expectation.

Going on the road again ( without a spare).... Thanks
Old 10-01-11, 05:24 PM
maninpaso
Driver School Candidate

I just had my car serviced at Lexus. I picked up the car and they informed me that they “reconnected” the wiring for my tire sensors, I didn’t ask them to do so.
“Oh, btw you don’t have tire sensors” WTF, I know I took them out and disconnected the wiring!!
They ‘would not’ re-disconnect the wiring on my request because “that is something Lexus can’t do.” I asked, “So you knew there were “no” tire sensors and you knowing reconnected the wiring to something that it could not receive a proper reading; yet you won’t once again disconnect the wiring? Yes Sir.. Lexus won’t do that for you. “Oh my god!”… Oh well I will once more disconnect the wiring.
Old 10-09-11, 03:31 PM
sivraj222
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
no problem man, glad it helps!
thanks...romini
Old 10-21-11, 07:15 AM
kjcole
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This takes 3 minutes or less! Shift to neutral - don't even need to unscrew shift ****.

I'm installing the Orange Electronics system instead. Pressure and temp readouts, plus replacement sensors are a lot cheaper than the Lexus sensors (even from Sewell). Total package: $102 from Amazon. Take that, toyota/lexus

Kelly
Old 10-21-11, 11:01 AM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kjcole
This takes 3 minutes or less! Shift to neutral - don't even need to unscrew shift ****.

I'm installing the Orange Electronics system instead. Pressure and temp readouts, plus replacement sensors are a lot cheaper than the Lexus sensors (even from Sewell). Total package: $102 from Amazon. Take that, toyota/lexus

Kelly
Hi Kelly,

Re: Take that, toyota/lexus

Once you get your new system installed, how about posting some photos & your thoughts on the install and function?

Thanks,

Jerry Baumchen
Old 10-21-11, 11:46 AM
kjcole
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Will do. Scheduled to arrive Monday, then off for new tires.
Old 10-24-11, 05:41 AM
ALSHUBCAPS
Driver School Candidate

Great price on the orange but remember you have to have a shop set the protocol or copy the id in order for the ecu to turn the light off.
by coincidence we stock, sell & reset orange
Old 10-24-11, 11:22 AM
prospertx
Driver School Candidate

I ran into the same problem when I allowed Firestone to install a new set of tires. They struggled with the mounting process and damaged one of the sensors. Fortunately I didn't have the buzzer noise alarm you had, but the light constantly on drove me nuts; besides what good is a sensor if it NEVER shuts off and there's nothing wrong with the tire?? Lexus replaced the sensor and Firestone paid the bill.It took about 4 months to get it resolved...
Old 10-24-11, 01:38 PM
MadHungari
Rookie

My inelegant solution to the tire pressure problem was to purchase valve stem pressure gauges (http://www.tireqp.com/pressure-gauge.html) at 34 and 36 psi for about $20.00 and just walk around the car a couple of times a week or during stops on a road trip to see how the tires are doing. It has been working for me for 2+ years.
Old 10-30-11, 11:19 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Thanks to Romini and Talwang.

I fitted new wheels and tyres a year ago and all I had was the dash light on solid with no flashing or any audio, so I didn't bother with the mod.
Suddenly last weekend the beeping started every few minutes and the dash light started to flash, after a year??? How does that work?
Used romini's discription and talwang's pictures (thanks guys), done in about 3 minutes, so easy and no tools required.

I love this club.

Best regards

Steve

Quick Reply: How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?