SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Project Indigo

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-05, 03:12 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome! And my AC kit came in as well!!
Old 04-08-05, 03:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by sc430blue
Goodies are piled up in garage. Wald Striefen wheels came in as well as the FIRST Toms carbon fiber hood (so I'm told, lol). Photos to come soon.
awesome weny, can't wait for the pics! so the car is at srt already right? how's the progress?
Old 04-08-05, 05:24 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully car will be back from SRT by the 20th. I think they're backed up with Christian Rado's car right now (hope I spelled that right). The carbon fiber is beautiful but I'm disappointed that there is an indentation in the hood for emblem. Still trying to figure out which way to go on that.
Congrats on the AC parts coming in herrage.
Old 04-10-05, 12:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Hopefully car will be back from SRT by the 20th. I think they're backed up with Christian Rado's car right now (hope I spelled that right). The carbon fiber is beautiful but I'm disappointed that there is an indentation in the hood for emblem. Still trying to figure out which way to go on that.
Congrats on the AC parts coming in herrage.
oh yeah, the emblem, umm.....

they only have christian's car? isn't there another tt gs400 there?
Old 04-11-05, 04:24 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

I believe there is a tt gs there as well as is300's. I'm going over the options with the paint shop today. I'll send you some photos of the wheels and hood today Henry. Please post if you get a chance.

Weny
Old 04-11-05, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I believe there is a tt gs there as well as is300's. I'm going over the options with the paint shop today. I'll send you some photos of the wheels and hood today Henry. Please post if you get a chance.

Weny
yeah no problem weny, loud and clear

just be careful i guess.... the owner of the tt gs400, his car has been there for a yr maybe?
Old 04-20-05, 05:05 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Hood has been painted, waiting for it to dry before fitting it on car. Went with a carbon fiber clear coat on the middle with the indigo ink surrounding the scoop. Just opened my Rotora's for fitting.....They look like a baby blue metallic? Anyone else order the blue calipers? Oh, I put the Wald Striefens on and sent photos to henry......Just an FYI....I will be lowering the car, just havent had time yet.
Old 04-20-05, 08:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the pics are being upload as i type this msg, so just be patient

the rotora brakes new one are baby blue i believe, i think the old ones were darker blue

and weny, i really wanna know your wheel spec. i saw another local sc430 with wald wheels, and the front and rear lip size is no where close to what you have!
Old 04-20-05, 08:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

this is the hood

the brakes are in:

and the wheels.. very very nice, look at the lip size!

Old 04-21-05, 09:31 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
the pics are being upload as i type this msg, so just be patient

the rotora brakes new one are baby blue i believe, i think the old ones were darker blue

and weny, i really wanna know your wheel spec. i saw another local sc430 with wald wheels, and the front and rear lip size is no where close to what you have!

Steve said they were a special fitment to allow as much lip as possible. He'll find the specs and let me know. I forwarded some closeups of the wheels so you see lips.
Old 04-21-05, 12:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Steve said they were a special fitment to allow as much lip as possible. He'll find the specs and let me know. I forwarded some closeups of the wheels so you see lips.
steve of... carson toyota? i got the pics but haven't gotten the time to post. but i guess it's the angle, the lip size doesn't look as big as i thought. i will post them up tonight.

my wheel source checked it before about custom lip size on the wald wheels, and was told that it's standard, no customization.

we will see, we can all use some specs
Old 04-21-05, 12:39 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Yeah its Steve from Carsen, his email said they were a special size. I'm not familiar with sizing like you guys. I looked at the photos I sent you, they dont show the lip size very well, I'll send some more this weekend when I get the car back from the wife. I should have the hood and brakes on by then.

Weny
Old 04-21-05, 01:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yeah its Steve from Carsen, his email said they were a special size. I'm not familiar with sizing like you guys. I looked at the photos I sent you, they dont show the lip size very well, I'll send some more this weekend when I get the car back from the wife. I should have the hood and brakes on by then.

Weny
it would be cool to see your brakes and hood on the car weny so when is your car going in? somehow i thought it went in a while back, guess i was wrong.

no need to sweat over the wheel spec, don't want you to spend too much time on it, i am sure you got other stuff to be busy with. only reason i asked about lip size is that it's something i really care about when i do my wheel purchase
Old 04-21-05, 01:39 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

I'm getting all the cosmetic stuff taken care of while I wait for a part to come in. The car was sitting at SRT waiting for the supercharger head unit to come in. We've been riding Procharger for awhile, doesnt seem to do any good. Seems like everyone is out of parts these days. TRD lsd's especially. My wife usually takes my car around this time of year for her girls weekend, I figured I may as well pull it out of the shop and let her have some fun....
Old 04-21-05, 09:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I'm getting all the cosmetic stuff taken care of while I wait for a part to come in. The car was sitting at SRT waiting for the supercharger head unit to come in. We've been riding Procharger for awhile, doesnt seem to do any good. Seems like everyone is out of parts these days. TRD lsd's especially. My wife usually takes my car around this time of year for her girls weekend, I figured I may as well pull it out of the shop and let her have some fun....
man that sux... hopelly you get the parts soon man. i wanna see your car done

btw, uploading the pics now

Quick Reply: Project Indigo