SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

windscreen on ebay for sc430

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-08, 02:24 PM
NorCal430
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So Buddy, how does the windscreen affect the internal turbulance compared to having all the windows up (including the rear windows)?
Old 10-05-08, 04:11 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Good question. I did not put up any windows at all I just drove with the top
down windows down and windscreen in place. I will have to try all the windows up [ inc the rear windows ] next weekend when I use the car again.
I can tell you that there is a substantal differance with the windscreen. Since I am not getting much back draft the air conditioning seems to cool the car better and the air flow I have is less distubed by the presence of the wind screen. I need to drive the car more to test the windows up. When the top is down I usually never raise my windows . Thats why I did not think to try it.
Old 10-05-08, 06:54 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
...I did have to move my seat from the full back position up to about one and half inches forward to make enough clearence from the windscreen to the back of the headrest . I usually drive with the seat all the way back....
Buddy
Are you moving the seat bottom forward and still able to keep the seat back tilted back all the way, or do you have to tilt the seat back forward to clear the windscreen, too? (I drive w/the driver seat all the way back and all the way tilted back...)
What would happen if after installing the wind screen the seat was pushed all the way back? Would it damage the windscreen and/or the seat back p-leather?
We should push the GB if this works as advertised....
Old 10-06-08, 05:35 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

I tryed to tilt the seat forward and found that was uncomfortable for me. I also tryed different combinations of hight tilt and forward till I settled on pushing seats all the way back and then tilting the seat to where I like it. Then i moved the seat forward till i got the clearence i needed. If your going to want to full tilt your seat you may have to remove the headrest to get the neccessary clearence. I estimate that i have some slight seat tilt and approx one inch forward on the seat. I think I will be ok with the new seat foward adjustment. Just a note my interior is red and the web strapping of the windscreen is black as well as the frame and the mesh. The top of the boot on my sc 430 is black [ I think all sc430 boots are black ? ] The seat belts are also black . You really cant see the webbing at all except for the one web that goes over the center of each rear headrest. The two prong support bars on each end of the windscreen are vinyl covered metal. I decided I did not want to leave any marks on my boot where these support rods touch. I found some soft styrofoam like packing materials that usually comes in the box with a new computer or printer etc. The foam is soft yet more like styrofoam. I used a saw and cut the foam to approx 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and overall size was about 3 inchs x 2 3/4 inches. I used one of these under each support bar between the bar and the boot. This elevated the wind-screen a bit also gave me more room and clearence of the front headrest. The amount of hight of the windscreen now was still low enough to be able to put the top up with the windscreen in place. I will to take some pictures later this week and will try and fiqure out how to post them.
Old 10-06-08, 06:20 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Mr. Blister,

Could you measure the minimum distance between the back of the front headrests and the front of the back headrests that you need to have this windscreeen installed? I think that measurement could give us an idea of how far forward we'd need to move our respective seats to make this thing fit.
Old 10-06-08, 04:33 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

When you install the windscreen. You place it as far back to the rear seat back as you can. Touching it is fine. The support two rods that rest on top of the boot do have a tendency to try and move forward. I made up styrofoam little pads to rest the support rods on which help keep the windscreen from moving forward and at the same time prevent making any depressions in the vinyle of the boot. This way I was able to snug the cinch web straps tight with out worring about any marks left. I tryed to make measurments as you requested but it does not make any sense to many variables hight seat tilt etc. My suggestion would be to contact the vendor
he gave me a return priveledge if for any reason I was unhappy. I am sure he would do the same for you. I am going to try and get some pictures to post maybe that will help you get an image of what I have been saying. I will say I used to ride with seat all the way back and a little bit tilted back. I now ride seat almost all the way back with about 1 inch to inch and half from full back. Tilt is almost the same. I have about 1/2 inch of space between the back of the front headrest and the windscreen. I also if i want can tighten the bearing screw on the hinge of the windscreen and can set it at a 90 degree angle from vertical as opposed to the factory setting of 120 degrees, The windscreen was designed to be tilted forward if you move it to 90 degrees that will give you more room. The vendor said it would be a little less efficent at 90 degrees then 120 but it still would provide a fair amount of wind control .

Buddy
Old 10-09-08, 07:06 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Smile windscreen pictures

I took some pictures of windscreen in palce to try and show the amount of clearence with the head rest and seat back. I hope there not to confusing.
camera angles not so great . I see I am allowed only one image upload . I will repost others if I am allowed . Never did this before .

Buddy
Attached Thumbnails windscreen on ebay for sc430-p1010026.jpg  
Old 10-09-08, 07:08 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default windscreen pictures

Originally Posted by mrblister
I took some pictures of windscreen in palce to try and show the amount of clearence with the head rest and seat back. I hope there not to confusing.
camera angles not so great . I see I am allowed only one image upload . I will repost others if I am allowed . Never did this before .

Buddy
More picture
Attached Thumbnails windscreen on ebay for sc430-p1010027.jpg  
Old 10-09-08, 07:09 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default windscreen pictures

More pictures
Attached Thumbnails windscreen on ebay for sc430-p1010028.jpg  
Old 10-09-08, 07:10 AM
mrblister