SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Apexi S-AFC + SC400 = ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-03, 04:01 AM
jacobking
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Apexi S-AFC + SC400 = ?

I've searched and looked through every post regaurding SCs and the Apexi S-AFC. My question (as asked by others before but with no prevail), has anyone DYNO TUNED their SC400 with an S-AFC? If so, what are your settings, what gains did you get? I'll even be happy to pay for the info, as I know dyno time is expensive. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-30-03, 01:10 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

um.. whats their to dyno tune on a sc400?
It's not like it needs any. its not boosted, and most are not built NA
i just hope you aint thinking about slaping that unit on a stock motor..
Old 09-30-03, 01:21 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nothing wrong with sticking S-AFC on non-boosted motor.
Just about anything out there will gain something by tuning.
How else can you tune a S-AFC without dyno or wideband?
Old 09-30-03, 02:03 PM
JSnake916
Driver

Originally posted by NRG
um.. whats their to dyno tune on a sc400?
It's not like it needs any. its not boosted, and most are not built NA
i just hope you aint thinking about slaping that unit on a stock motor..
um... Think before you type. Significant gains can be seen through fuel tuning on N/A cars. Not like 15whp or anything but something nonetheless. When the SAFC first came out, I remember seeing an article where it was installed in an IS300 and, with dyno tuning, significant gains were realized.
Old 09-30-03, 03:30 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Originally posted by JSnake916
um... Think before you type. Significant gains can be seen through fuel tuning on N/A cars. Not like 15whp or anything but something nonetheless. When the SAFC first came out, I remember seeing an article where it was installed in an IS300 and, with dyno tuning, significant gains were realized.
Actually, you think before you type..
i know you can gain like 1-5hp from this unit. But you will not be able to use the full potential that this unit features.. Im saying its a waste of money.
I just hate to see people out there, trying to get every bolt on, and crap just to gain so little hp. When you can spend the same ammount of money, and put it into real buidling up.
Thats why i laugh when people do I/H/E upgrades, when they never touch their motor. Yes you gain little hp, but if your motor was built up, and you had those I/H/E. Your motor can use the potential that those bolt on gives you.
Think about it this way.
You buy a 1000watt RMS sub, and you got a 100watt RMS amp.. You're speaker is only using 10% the rest is being waste.

Go ahead, put a EMS on your car, and see if it does anything good. Better yet, an ecu upgrade.. w00t

VSsc400: do you have any dyno sheets? and 1/4 times.. I wanna see the $$ to power ratio..
but hey, do what ever you want. I've seen cars with gagues all over, on a stock motor.. I guess it makes them feel like they have a fast/racing car.

Last edited by NRG; 09-30-03 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-30-03, 05:16 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by NRG
Actually, you think before you type..
i know you can gain like 1-5hp from this unit. But you will not be able to use the full potential that this unit features.. Im saying its a waste of money.
I just hate to see people out there, trying to get every bolt on, and crap just to gain so little hp. When you can spend the same ammount of money, and put it into real buidling up.
Thats why i laugh when people do I/H/E upgrades, when they never touch their motor. Yes you gain little hp, but if your motor was built up, and you had those I/H/E. Your motor can use the potential that those bolt on gives you.
Think about it this way.
You buy a 1000watt RMS sub, and you got a 100watt RMS amp.. You're speaker is only using 10% the rest is being waste.

Go ahead, put a EMS on your car, and see if it does anything good. Better yet, an ecu upgrade.. w00t

VSsc400: do you have any dyno sheets? and 1/4 times.. I wanna see the $$ to power ratio..
but hey, do what ever you want. I've seen cars with gagues all over, on a stock motor.. I guess it makes them feel like they have a fast/racing car.
no i think you need to think before YOU type; you're obviously a noob...

AFCs have been known for YEARS to provide significant gains on NA cars, not tuned out hondas or anything... but the 1uz and 2jz are notoriously rich-running motors, especially in the upper rpm band... i've seen several dyno sheets of NA Supras, SC300s, IS300s getting 15rwhp+ from this... and remember a thread from a couple years ago where the AFC and the 1uz provided 10-15rwhp...
and its not just peak; when you even out the natural a/f you can make significant gains

i love it when someone posts something where they obviously are clueless

OH and BTW... i bet you lots of money i could make 30-40rwhp on a standalone ECU upgrade like a F.A.S.T. system vs the stock 1uz if you dont know the reasoning for this.... well...

oh and if you remember, about the ECU upgrades available for the 1uz motor... can make nice 15-25rwhp gains coupled with an intake... Weapon-R offered them IIRC, in theory you could make these changes with an ITC of some sort with an AFC too

Last edited by Bean; 09-30-03 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-30-03, 06:02 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Apexi S-AFC + SC400 = ?

Originally posted by jacobking
I've searched and looked through every post regaurding SCs and the Apexi S-AFC. My question (as asked by others before but with no prevail), has anyone DYNO TUNED their SC400 with an S-AFC? If so, what are your settings, what gains did you get? I'll even be happy to pay for the info, as I know dyno time is expensive. Thanks in advance!
At least one person has done this here on their sc400. It was using a v1 Safc so who knows how much ho much extra the v2 will get you since it has better and more specific adjustability. If I remember correctly, the guy who did it gained up to 20 hp or somewhere around there. IMO, it is definitely one of the best mods for the money- $500 for the unit AND tuning and you're golden. If I had some $, this and suspension would be first on my list for the next mod.

And don't be silly- paying for the info!? We're all here to help each other out brother

In summary:
NRG
SAFC mod
Old 09-30-03, 06:34 PM
JSnake916
Driver

Originally posted by Bean
no i think you need to think before YOU type; you're obviously a noob...

AFCs have been known for YEARS to provide significant gains on NA cars, not tuned out hondas or anything... but the 1uz and 2jz are notoriously rich-running motors, especially in the upper rpm band... i've seen several dyno sheets of NA Supras, SC300s, IS300s getting 15rwhp+ from this... and remember a thread from a couple years ago where the AFC and the 1uz provided 10-15rwhp...
and its not just peak; when you even out the natural a/f you can make significant gains

i love it when someone posts something where they obviously are clueless

OH and BTW... i bet you lots of money i could make 30-40rwhp on a standalone ECU upgrade like a F.A.S.T. system vs the stock 1uz if you dont know the reasoning for this.... well...

oh and if you remember, about the ECU upgrades available for the 1uz motor... can make nice 15-25rwhp gains coupled with an intake... Weapon-R offered them IIRC, in theory you could make these changes with an ITC of some sort with an AFC too
Word. I am glad I am not alone on my opinion about this subject. Actually, i might even buy the SAFCVII now I remember people seeing significant gains on this board but i didnt want to quote because i was not exactly sure. It will fit nicely in the space under my new H/U.
Old 09-30-03, 06:55 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

did you comprehen anything i said?
No **** you can get hp gain from it.. But you're only using like 50% of the potential that unit can give you.. If your motor is built up better, you can fully use the AFC better.
Old 09-30-03, 06:57 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

One more thing

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=sc400+afc
Old 09-30-03, 07:04 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Newsflash:
If you install a large turbo with out upgrading the injectors, you are only using 50% of the potential of the turbo! This will allow you to use your turbo better

Sorry- couldn't help myself
Old 09-30-03, 07:23 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

you think before you type..

Has ANYONE considered this?

You all have a PM, use it. If you respond to someone in a derrogatory way and it will be deleted and a copy will be sent to Ethan. We are unimpressed with this constant struggle over rice, worthless mod, it sucks, blah blah blah.

Your momma told you if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say it. I suggest you all use that advice. continous, constant abuse of the same tired line over and over which results in negative posts WILL result in administrative action.

Get over it. It's old. From this post forward any continuation of an argument will be deleted. I've got all night.

Now please, let's enjoy our time. You guy's know i don't like to argue, i also don't like to see it.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 09-30-03 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-30-03, 07:27 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally posted by NRG
No **** you can get hp gain from it...
NRG, I'm getting tired of warning you about cursing on our forum.
Old 09-30-03, 07:47 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb On a lighter note...

I agree with onelasttry...

Originally posted by onelasttry
Your momma

Old 09-30-03, 10:11 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

I am curious as to where I can get my motor rebuilt for the same cost as headers intake and exhaust.

Quick Reply: Apexi S-AFC + SC400 = ?