SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Window regulator fix for Sc models

Old 02-18-13, 06:24 PM
anu7898
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help PLZ PLZ

I was trying to fix my window regulator but the spool of wire came undone does anyone know how to fix
Old 03-06-13, 04:48 PM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

Has anyone found a site that sells the regulators the cheapest? I've been looking for a while and the prices are about $150 everywhere I looked. Maybe its because I have a 95 so they're more expensive?
Old 09-02-13, 11:08 AM
durps
Lead Lap

Quick question, can this be jb welded before it breaks? To prevent from going through all of this and ripping out the regulator, or does it have to ripped out to even getvto the part that needs to be jb welded?
Thanks.
Old 09-03-13, 11:00 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

No the plastic cracks internally.
Old 09-23-13, 12:53 PM
Bouncer
Driver School Candidate

Default 1995 Driver Door window dropped inside door

Hey everyone. Went to put up window when it was half open and then it just dropped inside the door. I pulled it a part this morning. I found a broken plastic piece in the bottom of door. The motor wants to work but seems jammed.

The window will lift up all the way to the top. It feels as if there is nothing attached. After reading some of the post it looks similar to the white plastic piece with the wire going through it, but not ever seeing how it is suppose to look, it's hard to see where to start.

I need to look for more plastic parts in the bottom of the door.

Looking for some help figuring out exactly what plastic piece broke and what to replace. Can I do it my self or is it a bear.

Last edited by Bouncer; 09-23-13 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Taking out icons
Old 09-23-13, 01:01 PM
Bouncer
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
Mine broke last night and the window fell into the door on my 1995 SC 400. It looks like the same piece as in Khaos's pic above. It's hard to tell because I only found one piece so far. What piece do I order or need to get so I can repair this. Do I need to take out that track that it runs up and down on to fix it??

Thanks for any help..
Old 09-23-13, 02:01 PM
Bouncer
Driver School Candidate

Default Plastic piece broke, Called Lexus.. Holy Crap...

I guess the regulator broke. I am not sure after reading all these fix it post. I called Lexus of Greenville,S.C and they said it is all one price.. Regulator and motor. The price was Nine hundred and something.

Seven Hundred and Seventy Four dollars and fifteen cents through the dealer I work at. Holy Macaroni.. That's some cheese for that part. I hope I can find all the little plastic parts and repair this thing....myself.. The plastic piece that I found looks like it broke off something else.
It wasn't very big.. I will have to look for some more pieces when I get the door off again...

Not sure how to post a pic in here. It says to put the URL in. If I take a pic with my phone... Then what..

Last edited by Bouncer; 09-23-13 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-29-13, 07:37 AM
xshurikx
Driver

considering my passanger is broken and my driver side sounds like its about to go i think i am going to try this, unless i find a really cheap one quick.
Old 09-29-13, 11:21 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xshurikx
considering my passanger is broken and my driver side sounds like its about to go i think i am going to try this, unless i find a really cheap one quick.
just buy the whole thing used !
Old 09-30-13, 07:48 PM
hoosier58
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC4o0
just buy the whole thing used !
Buy a used one that will break too?

Why? That makes no sense.

Photon 440 gave an excellent DIY, step by step, with pictures, about how to make it last forever! I added to it, with a minor variation. Why would anyone buy a new one for big bucks, or a used one cheap, but with the same design flaw as the new one, and already worn out?

Do you ENJOY taking your doors apart? I don't, because each time I do more of the door panel plastic breaks. Why not just drill and tap it, and make a permanent repair? If you read the entire thread, you'll find out how to make it better than Toyota ever did, and have money to fix something else.

You'll probably have to.
Old 09-30-13, 08:40 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hoosier58
Buy a used one that will break too?

Why? That makes no sense.

Photon 440 gave an excellent DIY, step by step, with pictures, about how to make it last forever! I added to it, with a minor variation. Why would anyone buy a new one for big bucks, or a used one cheap, but with the same design flaw as the new one, and already worn out?

Do you ENJOY taking your doors apart? I don't, because each time I do more of the door panel plastic breaks. Why not just drill and tap it, and make a permanent repair? If you read the entire thread, you'll find out how to make it better than Toyota ever did, and have money to fix something else.

You'll probably have to.
well i didnt know there was an alternative, used is just as good as new as long as you dont abuse it.
Old 01-17-15, 01:05 PM
amp67
Driver School Candidate

Default instruction doc. for door removal

Can/will you send me the door removal document? Thanks!
Originally Posted by hotttoddie
So yeah... had the same thing happen to me... but i did as you said and JB Welded et al... Rewrapped the regulator put it all back together but within24 hours the damn thing breaks again! Tried once with JB Wink (the 4min set time) and then once with JBWeld (15hour set).... Both didnt work.... (I let both dry for

Any way you could send me instructions doc. for door removal...that's where I'm stuck @ so far? Thanks!
Any suggestions??

BTW - I have a Lexus OEM PDF doc that explains how to take apart the door and window to get to the regulator... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BEND THE RAIL!!!! If you arent skilled enough to put it back youll always have that rough spot and itll make noise and put extra stress on the motor... Dont make the smae mistake I made and just go at it and f--- up your tint.... Do it right the first time... Itll take longer but its worth it.... Messgae me if you want a copy of the document...
Old 10-28-22, 11:54 AM
pishta
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Window guide pin gone!

Im a pro at this. Ive done it 4 (count em!) 4 times in the last 2 months for this ridiculous driver side door WITH A FINAL FIX!
Getting the panel off is like a 5 minutes job, a few screws and some plastic pop rivets (that all break eventually). Once you in there there 9 10mm bolts: 3 on regulator motor, 3 on bracket and 3 on tracks) and 2 14/15mm bolts on the window carrier. Slide the window up and tape to door frame and push rails in to clear top holes (grind one to fit back in easier) and push motor back in and the whole thing will be able to turn 90 and slide out the door. my gear in the motor kept seperating from the square drive plate (its a metal to rubber to metal bonded unit) so I epoxied it the first time, failed after a day. Glued it again with supports...failed in 2 days...cut a piece of wood in a disk and screwed that in...failed in a week, the wood split! WTF...found out the lower rear window guide pin was out and the window was cocking and jamming in the tracks on only 2 pins causing the motor to either stop or break my repair. Found the guide nut and bushing in the bottom of the door and put them back on. How did they get these tight? The head is completely smooth....so I put a speck of super glue in the very bottom of the threads of the nut, dont get it on the first few threads or it will bond before its tight. Screw it on by hand and pray you get it on enough before the stuff bonds. Now its permanent and the window slides like a dream...and the last repair I made to the gear (welding the 2 metal plates together and spacing the snap ring) will last forever. Cant help with the plastic shuttle breaking but my felt lined tray was bent down at a 45 when I opened my door frame for the forst time. no idea how that happened but I bent it back up to support the window horizontally. Now grease the crap out of everything sliding in there. I even lubed the rubber gaskets up the window frame. Who else's (1992) plastic door panel is literally falling apart on them? All the screw holes are busted, just flat washers holding the plastic remains to the door frame now.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!As1LM0CWm-SPmh9R...DTBeq?e=O8qFpU

Last edited by pishta; 10-28-22 at 11:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bimmerbill (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 04:31 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 326 Likes on 252 Posts

Will bookmark this one for the future.
Thanks
Bill