Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Bogging Issue sc300

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-15, 07:44 AM
zlexsc300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogging Issue sc300

So I have a 1992 sc300 5spd. Yesterday I replaced ignition coil, distributor cap, rotor button, valve cover gasket, new spark plugs and wires. I have 2 questions for you guys. My first one is when I removed the plate to expose the spark plugs and remove the wires, i noticed that my spark plugs were sitting in a pool of oil. all 6 of them, I used a shop towel and vac to clean up as much oil as I could, but some still managed to leak through once I removed the spark plug. So the first question I have is will the car burn out all the excess oil?

Second question is after putting everything back together, the car runs, although whenever I step on the gas, the car falls straight on its face. I really need to get this figured out and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also this is my first post here on this forum and this is the first Lexus i have ever owned, and this is coming form a guy who the only other cars i have owned are Nissan.
Old 07-05-15, 08:11 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you re-installed the distributor, did you follow the correct procedure when aligning it? This sensor has to be reinstalled "stabbed" perfect for it to time correctly.

Make sure timing is set correctly. You can jump the terminal in the engine bay on the diagnostic port mounted to the intake manifold. Assuming your TPS is set properly you will hear a audible change in idle which means the car has locked timing and you can set it by turning the distributor and watching the crank pulley with a timing light.
Old 07-05-15, 03:41 PM
Matromony
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did u gap your plugs