SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

***I realized my car was TOO LOW WHEN.....***

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 09:40 AM
Gee44
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ***I realized my car was TOO LOW WHEN.....***

I recently got my SC300 lowered (have a front lip too) and I didn't know what all the fuss was about in driving a lowered car. I never had any of my cars lowered so I never experienced the things I needed to look for. After a few weeks of driving, I realized that I need to be more attentive to places I drive, where to park, "bobbing" and "weaving" on the roads, slow down over railroad tracks or bumps, don't pull in that driveway, limit parking in front ways to miss the parking barrier, pull in at an angle, and so on so on....

I will like to hear your opinions or things you do different when driving your lowered car. So, in the spirit of the lowered cars.....

I realized my car was TOO LOW WHEN..............

Issue: When I tried to pull in my driveway the first time and I couldn't get in due to the front lip scraping the pavement.

Solution: I had to put some cardboard down, run over that and go in at an angle to get in the driveway. Later, I had to raise the car a little to get in and out. BUT I still love it though!
Old 05-08-15, 10:05 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I realized my car was TOO LOW WHEN: I broke my Shine bumper 3 days out of the body shop installing it.
Old 05-08-15, 10:10 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got in butt-first for the first time and had to swivel my legs into position. Getting old sucks.....
Old 05-08-15, 10:11 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

When I used the A-pillar arm-pulls for the very first time....Getting old sucks....
Old 05-08-15, 10:13 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

When I get out of ANY OTHER vehicle and back into the SC and I feel like so flat and stretched out, it feels like riding a La-Z-Boy on the street.
Old 05-08-15, 10:59 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

If this thread gains traction, it's going to be highly amusing for those of us who can't imagine wanting to compromise so many attributes of the car by significantly lowering it.
Old 05-08-15, 12:46 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I realized my car was too low when: it snowed.
Old 05-08-15, 01:04 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I realized my car was too low when I had to park 3 blocks away from the iHop because all of the parking lot driveways were too slanted for me.

When I discovered If I approach my house from the west side of town that I have to actually drive past my house and come in from the east side because the intersections are too uneven for me to drive straight home.

When I realized my bank only had one entrance I could use and I have to use an insane angle to leave which makes everyone mad who's leaving the ATM cuz it takes me awhile to get out and I'm in the way.

When I almost got rear ended slowing down to 20mph to cross a rail-road track on a street with a 60mph speed limit. I had my hazards on but the truck behind me couldn't fathom that anyone might have to slow down in front of him.

When I destroyed three Vertex lips on this car.

When I've found that parking backwards is 50x easier than parking forwards due to curbs and parking guards.

When I've just ridden the bus because it was snowing or flooding rather than risk taking my car.

When pulling into my driveway became a 2 point affair.
Old 05-08-15, 01:15 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realized my car was too low when:
I burned through my harness.
I could only enter my driveway coming from the east side of the street.
I had to reverse into my garage because the front bumper hits the lip of the garage.
debris in the road would either end up in my vents or crack my kit.
Old 05-08-15, 04:12 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Old 05-08-15, 04:55 PM
Toysled
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't get a freakin floor jack under the front end without a game plan such as using the oem scissor jack to lift the body just enough so you can slide that floor jack under
Old 05-08-15, 05:10 PM
TXMAG
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

In my Mustang, but...

I can feel my frame rails and sub frame connectors grind against the lowest of speed bumps.
I had to build custom low profile car ramps because pre-made ones weren't low enough.
Old 05-08-15, 07:23 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I realized my car was TOO LOW WHEN....." the AAA tow truck driver barely could get it onto a flat bed and had to use ad hoc wood ramps to get it on the truck...... (when the water pump blew).

Getting it back off of the truck was "exciting" as well......
Old 05-09-15, 01:27 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

I got stuck once at awkward angle, my wheel was of the ground and being a open diff didn't help. Had like 4 buddies push it to get it to move out of the stupid street

Never again lol, after that day I will never slam my car ever again
Old 05-09-15, 08:39 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

When I couldn't get out of the taco shop driveway at the beach. Everyone was watching and I was like nooooo. Then I was like, I'm glad I had air! Lifted up and was good to go.

Quick Reply: ***I realized my car was TOO LOW WHEN.....***