SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1993 Lexus SC400, bought just yesterday. Need Panels....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-15, 07:13 PM
Karinth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Lexus SC400, bought just yesterday. Need Panels....

I am trying to find some door panels to match this car, I am getting quote around 1200 a piece! I am on disability and cannot afford that. Does anyone have any ideas, or places to get cheaper ones?

Driver Side Door Panel

Passenger side door panel

Bondo

The engine and transmission are perfect and it has 84k miles on it.

Any ideas help! Also Glad to be here!
Old 04-18-15, 07:40 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check a local pick'n'pull or junkyard and see if you get lucky, but most every SC in a junkyard has the interior picked clean. It's usually just motor, suspension, and body panels that are left, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise, our community classifieds sometimes have pieces when members do swaps that they sell for cheaper. A member here named Aliga does regular partouts of these cars, you could pm him and see if he has the interior bits you need. He usually has good prices.

I don't know of anywhere to get new panels though without getting raped like you mentioned at $1,200 a piece. Welcome to the forums though, and congrats on finding a low mileage example like that, stick around and read through a few of our stickied threads, there's a guide for doing everything much cheaper, and if you have a DIY spirit you can do almost anything, We've even got a thread for replacing cracked/broken inner door handles with the metal ones from the LS, you could always do that for the passenger one thats broken in your picture.

The grey interior is rare though, so oftentimes gray parts can be difficult to find, with tan being the easiest to find. Good Luck.
Old 04-18-15, 08:01 PM
Karinth
Driver School Candidate

Thanks I will see what I can do.
Old 04-18-15, 08:48 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Better question is why did you buy one of these while on disability? These things cost a fortune to run ha
Old 04-18-15, 08:49 PM
Karinth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
Better question is why did you buy one of these while on disability? These things cost a fortune to run ha

Because it was only 2k and I felt like it.
Old 04-18-15, 09:37 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Today is your lucky day. Much better than 1k per piece. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...panels-x2.html
Old 04-18-15, 11:04 PM
sunny416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my best bet would be to try the junkyard. As mentioned above keep an eye out at the classifieds as well.

Im just wondering one thing. if you are on a budget what made you buy a v8 instead of 4banger?
Old 04-18-15, 11:06 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Dang, that's a lot of door damage. I already sold my spare set of interior door panels (cards), otherwise I could help you out there, possibly locally. I've got a driver's side interior window trim in much better shape than yours, at least. Your passenger one looks surprisingly good in the pic.

Good luck finding a SC in a wrecking yard around here. It might be worth a trip up to WA, as they seem to be a lot more common there. Or down to CA if you're in southern Oregon.
Old 04-18-15, 11:18 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
Damn, what kind of question is that? It's obviously none of your business. You think just because they are disabled they have to own some Hyundai **** box? Besides, these cars are NOT expensive to drive or repair as long as you do it yourself. Grow up, whoever you are..

On a positive note, welcome to the forums and that is a great start you have there. Low miles. The panels will come up fairly cheap, probably between 1-200 a piece, maybe less. Just keep your eye open and start a"Want to Buy" (WTB) in the classifieds and you'll probably find one pretty quick.
Old 04-19-15, 08:53 AM
TokinSC400
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a very nice find there and welcome to the site.
Old 04-19-15, 11:53 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a very nice pass door panel in tan. 150 shipped.
Old 04-19-15, 06:57 PM
lexsc3
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What color are they? you can look on ebay but it might take a while if they are gray. Its the hardest to find.
Old 04-19-15, 07:56 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a passenger door panel for sale in the classified section. Great shape.

Shane
Old 04-20-15, 11:02 PM
Karinth
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks guys

I feel so welcome, minus the one guy. Anyway here are the plans for the car at the moment. All of this is being done with the help of a friend who loves working on cars.

1. Engine rebuild and transmission rebuild, pulling it apart, replacing rings, hoses and anything else that needs it for new.
2. Interior, Door panels, fixing any broken or cracked plastics, replacing motors and window parts.
3. Exterior, adding a VERY low profile kit to it, fixing the parts that need it, new hood, new lights and paint.

This will all take some time, and will not happen very fast. Unless I win the lottery, yeah that will happen... lol. I will start a build post once I get to the point of actually starting on it though and will post it here.
Old 04-21-15, 12:50 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Karinth
I feel so welcome, minus the one guy. Anyway here are the plans for the car at the moment. All of this is being done with the help of a friend who loves working on cars.

1. Engine rebuild and transmission rebuild, pulling it apart, replacing rings, hoses and anything else that needs it for new.
2. Interior, Door panels, fixing any broken or cracked plastics, replacing motors and window parts.
3. Exterior, adding a VERY low profile kit to it, fixing the parts that need it, new hood, new lights and paint.

This will all take some time, and will not happen very fast. Unless I win the lottery, yeah that will happen... lol. I will start a build post once I get to the point of actually starting on it though and will post it here.
Right on, can't wait to see the build! Although, a tip for ya if you're willing...

Assuming the engine isn't blown up or overheating a lot, I doubt it'll need that serious of an overhaul, ever. Is there a reason you think it needs to be rebuilt? I recommend doing the typical 100k maintenance like the timing belt, water pump, hoses, gaskets etc etc.. Otherwise, these V8 motors are practically bullet proof if just maintained properly.

Everything else yeah, if it's broken just browse the part out threads and you'll have everything soon enough.

What kind of kit were you thinking about? The 97+ stock body parts are some of the best looking to most people, just depends on what you're into. Keep us updated!

Quick Reply: 1993 Lexus SC400, bought just yesterday. Need Panels....