SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Climate Control Unit

Old 03-29-15, 12:42 AM
mrbanaga
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control Unit

I wanted to know how I could check the part number of my climate control because I was thinking of ordering this:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331151387674

I have a 1992 SC300. Does anybody know if it's all the same and it'll guarantee fit without having to go through a bunch of trouble trying to find the part number? If not, how do I go about finding it and how hard is it to find?
Old 03-29-15, 01:12 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The climate units are all the same from 92-2000. It'll fit, and Tanin auto so far hasn't screwed anybody on the forum yet that I've seen. That is a bit of money, if you're willing to go without a climate unit for a bit Tanin offers a service where you send in your unit and they rebuild it and send it back for around 10% of that price.

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/1...ate_repair.htm

Or you could go with a touchscreen unit from LXCC and you'll get a brand new face for your climate control unit.

http://lexus.popformance.com/
Old 03-29-15, 10:34 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

That unit is fully rebuilt with a warranty from us.

If you want to just send yours in for repair it would be closer to $80.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 03-29-15, 03:21 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is a little off topic but Tanin if I send both my ecu and cluster would I get a little discount.
Old 03-30-15, 02:19 AM
mrbanaga
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eknine9
The climate units are all the same from 92-2000. It'll fit, and Tanin auto so far hasn't screwed anybody on the forum yet that I've seen. That is a bit of money, if you're willing to go without a climate unit for a bit Tanin offers a service where you send in your unit and they rebuild it and send it back for around 10% of that price.

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/1...ate_repair.htm

Or you could go with a touchscreen unit from LXCC and you'll get a brand new face for your climate control unit.

http://lexus.popformance.com/
The touchscreen looks pretty snazzy. It seems like a cool investment. I might consider it.

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
That unit is fully rebuilt with a warranty from us.

If you want to just send yours in for repair it would be closer to $80.
I'm not too sure how to remove the unit. I couldn't find much help, but anyways, a couple questions. My LCD screen doesn't work at all and it looks like it's deteriorating, is fixing that included within that $80? Also, what's the average turnaround time? Thanks.
Old 03-30-15, 03:55 PM
jomosc400
Rookie

2thumbs up for the quality work Tanin does. My pix dont even do them justice. Great work! Quick turnaround also. Had my cluster, ecu, & climate back within 7 business days.

Old 03-30-15, 08:40 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbanaga
The touchscreen looks pretty snazzy. It seems like a cool investment. I might consider it.

I'm not too sure how to remove the unit. I couldn't find much help, but anyways, a couple questions. My LCD screen doesn't work at all and it looks like it's deteriorating, is fixing that included within that $80? Also, what's the average turnaround time? Thanks.
The DIY sticky has a thread from Lextech. Jason Tanin may have info as well. Use the search and there are likely several that can walk you through the removal process.

I have the LXCC controller and my backup is my original controller rebuilt by Jason Tanin. All depends on your budget.

Opted to have an experienced audio shop to install the LXCC as it does require tearing apart the console to get to the climate controller and in my case it sits on top of the Pioneer double DIN. The LXCC is an after market unit and has a lot of other features you may or may not want. A coupe of pictures during my install and the results.

Keep us posted of your progress....
Attached Thumbnails Climate Control Unit-sc300-203.jpg   Climate Control Unit-sc300-209.jpg  

Last edited by Duck05; 03-30-15 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-16-15, 07:19 AM
Rcreegan
Pit Crew

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts

looks great, need to pull mine out and have it redone!!
Old 02-07-22, 07:35 PM
needswork
Driver School Candidate

Does anybody know what screws are involved in this job? I lost mine when I took them out have the screen replaced by @TaninAuto but I cannot find the screw specs so I can replace them. These are what I'm looking for, with links to a YT video that shows specifically what I'm referring to:
* 6 screws that hold in the center console frame (
)
* 6 screws that hold in the metal frame to the dash (
)
* 4 screws that attach climate control assembly to the metal frame (
)
Old 02-09-22, 02:57 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by needswork
Does anybody know what screws are involved in this job? I lost mine when I took them out have the screen replaced by @TaninAuto but I cannot find the screw specs so I can replace them. These are what I'm looking for, with links to a YT video that shows specifically what I'm referring to:
* 6 screws that hold in the center console frame (1:37)
* 6 screws that hold in the metal frame to the dash (3:28)
* 4 screws that attach climate control assembly to the metal frame (4:40)
For this I would direct you to the extensive exploded parts diagrams for the Lexus SC300/400 on Partsouq. Every single area of the car that parts are sold for down to the nuts and bolts are listed there. All of these are fairly common Toyota screws and bolts. The only uncommon ones are the two hard plastic screws that hold in the HVAC+Radio assembly to the mounting points inside the center console.

The screws that you are looking for are all listed there, I believe in the body/interior diagrams section. You just have to find the part that looks like the center console image. Also the radio and/or HVAC sections may list a couple of these screws / bolts that you are looking to replace, so you might need to look in more than one diagram section.

Any part that Toyota/Lexus ever sold over the counter for these cars will have a part number listed there.
Old 02-09-22, 03:48 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by needswork

PN: 93568-55018

PN: 91651-40625

PN: 90094-90416
www.taninautoelectronix.com

The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (02-09-22)
Old 02-09-22, 03:56 PM
needswork
Driver School Candidate

@TaninAuto and @KahnBB6, you guys are the freaking BEST!!! Thank you so much!!!! And thanks for the great work on my climate unit, Tanin.