Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 06:09 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT
Is that the bottom of the engine bay, or the inside of the oil pan? lol

Hey Matt300ZXT

That's the bottom of the engine bay, but I know what you mean, this is what the whole under cartage looks like.
Old 03-30-15, 06:18 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gerrb
Use a torque wrench with those valve cover bolts. You can snap the ears of the valve covers if over tightened. Is your bell housing soaked with oil too ?

Thank you gerrb for the advise, really appreciated.

Dumb question where is the bell housing?
Old 03-30-15, 07:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Idlefree
Thank you gerrb for the advise, really appreciated.

Dumb question where is the bell housing?
Bellhousing is at the back of the engine...transmission part which house your trans converter for an auto tranny or clutch for a manual trannhy

It is the part of the transmission that is bolted to the back of the engine.
Old 03-31-15, 02:20 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Bellhousing is at the back of the engine...transmission part which house your trans converter for an auto tranny or clutch for a manual trannhy

It is the part of the transmission that is bolted to the back of the engine.
Thank you gerrb, I will check it out and hopefully it isn't leaking from there, but at this point with the loose bolt between the tranny and the engine it is possible.

Bolts falling from the transmission to the engine
Old 03-31-15, 02:25 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Not sure if anyone can help, these two vacuum where just hanging loose I noticed it's from the VSV vacuum should it be pluged to anything or it does not matter?

Old 03-31-15, 07:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

If there is oil on the galley in between the valve covers or on top of the bell housing then oil will be coming from the loose valve covers. IF you have oil on the side or below bell housing, maybe rear main seal.

Those two hard vacuum lines on driver side if used, should have hoses connected to the vacuum tank under the intake manifold runner rear end
Old 03-31-15, 09:36 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

^^ Gerb is correct its for actuating the ACIS butterfly in the intake. those 2 hoses go to this plastic canister looking thing with a VSV on top. If you do not have the plastic tank just cap offf both of those (disables ACIS), or if you connect the 2 with a vacuum line it will bypass the canister which means the acis works but more in more conditions than it is supposed to without the vsv/tank controlling it.
if you are staying stock find the tank and put it back in, or just cap them off if you don't have it. if you are putting a turbo on later, connect the 2 hoses together.
Old 04-01-15, 02:11 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

If there is oil on the galley in between the valve covers or on top of the bell housing then oil will be coming from the loose valve covers. IF you have oil on the side or below bell housing, maybe rear main seal.

Those two hard vacuum lines on driver side if used, should have hoses connected to the vacuum tank under the intake manifold runner rear end
Thank you gerrb, your assistance is greatly appreciated, I am really hoping it isn't from the bellhousing. I will tighten all the bolts that are loose in that area and hope that does the trick.

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
^^ Gerb is correct its for actuating the ACIS butterfly in the intake. those 2 hoses go to this plastic canister looking thing with a VSV on top. If you do not have the plastic tank just cap offf both of those (disables ACIS), or if you connect the 2 with a vacuum line it will bypass the canister which means the acis works but more in more conditions than it is supposed to without the vsv/tank controlling it.
if you are staying stock find the tank and put it back in, or just cap them off if you don't have it. if you are putting a turbo on later, connect the 2 hoses together.
Thank you SC3, I appreciate the information you have given me. I have turbo so I will connect the two together.
Old 04-01-15, 10:38 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

see this piece here with the vacuum line in the middle of the intake, that is the ACIS valve, that vacuum line should get conected to a similar hardline, and if you follow it that hardline connects to the 2 hoses you just connected together. if you make sure its right, the turbo will spool a few hundred rpm faster. its a neat trick you can easily do with the stock intake.
Old 04-03-15, 04:16 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
see this piece here with the vacuum line in the middle of the intake, that is the ACIS valve, that vacuum line should get conected to a similar hardline, and if you follow it that hardline connects to the 2 hoses you just connected together. if you make sure its right, the turbo will spool a few hundred rpm faster. its a neat trick you can easily do with the stock intake.
Hey Ali SC3, thank you for the information it is very helpful and hopefully I can get the car started soon.
Mine is different than the picture you have, mine is like this below diagram does it matter?

Old 04-04-15, 10:14 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that helped me to try to fix what the shop screwed up, and ripped me off. Unfortunately the oil is leaking from the bellhousing, ECU is burned out, the plugs fouled again within 5 to 10 min after my son put everything together and the vehicle started. Car is definitely not starting now and physically I can not do a lot of the heavy work, and will be having surgery in a couple of weeks. The car will continue to be an ornament in my driveway and I hope Lucky and Nancy Sarai owners of Tach Motor Works are proud of what they did? In my mine they are both criminals for what they did.
Thank you fellow lexus member for your support
Old 04-09-15, 05:56 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Man I hope you can get everything sorted and I think we all have gone through the shop nightmare in some way shape or form that you have gone through. I know it happened to me twice. It's good to find a local shop that is reliable and you can count on!!
Old 04-10-15, 10:27 AM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear what happened hopefully you'll have her up and running in no time. I suggest you sue the pants off them and just give negative reviews about them ESPECIALLY if they open a new shop! Its stories like these that scare me to take my SC to a mechanic. Even more so that I'm in the process of Na-t and don't know much about fixing and such. But it also motivates me to learn!
Old 04-12-15, 03:49 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by EmoDragRacer
Man I hope you can get everything sorted and I think we all have gone through the shop nightmare in some way shape or form that you have gone through. I know it happened to me twice. It's good to find a local shop that is reliable and you can count on!!
Thank you EmoDragRacer, sorry to hear it happened to you twice it is an nightmare. With all these bad shop you would think the law would change at the end they are stealing (should be treated like thieves and or criminals) maybe this way they would be more honest. I am trying to find I good shop that can be trusted.

Originally Posted by funknstein
Sorry to hear what happened hopefully you'll have her up and running in no time. I suggest you sue the pants off them and just give negative reviews about them ESPECIALLY if they open a new shop! Its stories like these that scare me to take my SC to a mechanic. Even more so that I'm in the process of Na-t and don't know much about fixing and such. But it also motivates me to learn!
Thank you funknstein, at this time I have the BBB working on it and the New York DMV also working on it. For now I will go this route just educating myself as well to see the best angle to sue him if nothing prevales for the BBB or the DMV. All I can say if your not going to do it yourself do as much research as possible before taking it to any shop. Wish you all the luck in finding a good shop.
At this time vehicle still in the driveway, once I find a good shop hopefully then the sc300 will run again.
Cheers
Old 04-14-15, 06:12 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Finally found a shop that is highly recommend by many Supra and Lexus IS owners. They are very experience on the vvti system. I meet with them and explained my situation and they will see what has to be done to get it running again.

Quick Reply: Complete build gone completely wrong