SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Finally!!!! Car has been painted a new paint color!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 03:57 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmysc400
Congrats looking good just in time for summer.
Thanks! But living in So Cal it is basically spring or summer here all year long!!! Lol
Old 03-24-15, 06:26 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Good progress..... Looks fantastic... (but, man, they have had your car for a while..... I'd have gone crazy by now...).

Post the finals when it is sitting back in your driveway....
Old 03-24-15, 08:58 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Duck05
Good progress..... Looks fantastic... (but, man, they have had your car for a while..... I'd have gone crazy by now...).

Post the finals when it is sitting back in your driveway....
Yes they have had it way too long and gets frustrating! But it's a cash job and he has many insurance jobs that get priority. I've known him for so many years that he gave me such an amazing deal for he entire job that I just have to be patient.

The crazy thing is that I'll be taking the car to my other boys shop to do the test fit on the new SSR's, order tires, install them, install the new brake system, Coilovers, and New Nardi steering wheel so will be at his shop probably a week at latest also.

Such a long wait!!
Old 03-24-15, 10:41 PM
JoeSchmoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very nice

Beautiful car.

I actually liked the garnet red, had a 400 that color and people always referred to it
as "that beautiful car."

Reds really look good on the SC's.
Old 03-25-15, 09:37 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by FSUsucks1
Yes they have had it way too long and gets frustrating! But it's a cash job and he has many insurance jobs that get priority. I've known him for so many years that he gave me such an amazing deal for he entire job that I just have to be patient.

The crazy thing is that I'll be taking the car to my other boys shop to do the test fit on the new SSR's, order tires, install them, install the new brake system, Coilovers, and New Nardi steering wheel so will be at his shop probably a week at latest also.

Such a long wait!!
I can't wait to see your car complete in person. It should be worth the wait in the end.
Old 03-26-15, 05:05 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSXMike
Are you going to have someone more experienced with a buffer fix those holograms? Doesn't look right for a new paint job to have that 3d haze.
Not done being compldtely polished yet...will be completed when everything is out back on...plus the car was dusty at time of this pic and iPhone doesn't tske best pics either.
Old 03-26-15, 08:02 AM
glbg
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice color!
Old 03-26-15, 10:29 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool.
Old 03-27-15, 01:04 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Almost there...Shine sideskirts and Shine rear are installed. Still have to install +97 door molding and OEM trunk spoiler.

Old 03-27-15, 03:10 PM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somuchyes!!!!
Old 03-27-15, 03:25 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking pretty fly mayne.
Elite Enterprise spoiler instead maybe??
Old 03-27-15, 05:17 PM
Duck05
Racer

No one is ever going to take your car for a '92 - essentially all new....

What a great looking transformation and upgrade. Truly a one-of-a-kind wonder. Prepare to attract a lot of attention.....(as if you had not been already).

Great job and investment. (And you are not even close to the final version!!!!!!)
Old 03-27-15, 08:50 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Duck05
No one is ever going to take your car for a '92 - essentially all new....

What a great looking transformation and upgrade. Truly a one-of-a-kind wonder. Prepare to attract a lot of attention.....(as if you had not been already).

Great job and investment. (And you are not even close to the final version!!!!!!)
Thanks Duck! I've always tried to build my cars with top quality parts and do make them look better than when I first picked them up.

Here is my old IS300 and 7 series BMW...spend some money on both those cars just like I've done with this current SC.

Old 03-27-15, 09:27 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

And my last daily driver...ran like a champ and looked like new until I was rear ended by some guy who was on his phone. Car's rear end was complete smashed while I was a stop sign and the driver behind me was going about 45 mph. That was the end of that car.

Old 03-28-15, 12:58 PM
Duck05
Racer

You really do invest in your cars.... Nice lineup. Besides the Honda lost in the accident, which ones are still in your "stable"??

Seeing what you have done and continue to do with your rides, it does bring up the topic of resale values and much worse insurance practices.

There are some other threads going on wafting over resale prices for their car; SCs will never attain the demands of older, American muscle cars and European exotics. Luckily for me, I went in this with a clear understanding that I would never recoup the investments of extensive repairs and fun mods/upgrades.

I am VERY concerned, though, about a scenario that happened with your Honda - an accident that totals the car and you get hosed by the insurance industry by the method of establishing car values.... I tried to get supplemental insurance for my '92 but there are not a lot of companies even interested in offering such coverage.

In any case, (back to your thread) can't wait to see more progress photos and the final version.

Quick Reply: Finally!!!! Car has been painted a new paint color!!!!