Search this Thread

Old 03-04-15, 12:30 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Do they sell OEM parts?
I'm pretty sure they do. I looked a few parts up on there once and the prices were very cheap. A friend of mine ordered some stuff for his Subaru off of there and it was all OEM stuff.
Old 03-04-15, 12:35 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Do they sell OEM parts?
yes, but they dont actually sell anything - its basically a discounted dealer catalog. everything you order is drop shipped from a legitimate dealer.
Old 03-06-15, 11:32 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
MyLparts has some great prices. I used Carson Toyota/L-Tuned Parts for a lot of my stuff. My local Toyota dealer has pretty good prices too.

If you're a member of Supraforums, Elmhurst Toyota is good for Supra/SC parts. Lexus of Atlanta had cheaper prices for a few parts I was looking at for my LS430.
This is upsetting news. One of the best things about Sewell was that they made their visual EPC parts guide available online. I suppose this affect their replacement key by mail program as well?

^^ I'm echoing Kira X on Carson Toyota. They've been truly amazing to me over the last few years with Toyota and Lexus parts. Also Pembroke Pines. Though in the case of the latter there won't be even a basic visual online EPC to identify a part from what it looks like in your car. Also love Elmhurst Toyota (though they cannot order Lexus parts).

Overall though, this is a big loss to the community.
Old 03-06-15, 11:37 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

I saved a copy of Sewell's schematics for my year, because there's no other resource I'm aware of that's nearly that useful for identifying parts prior to ordering stuff. Speaking of which, they must have been slammed prior to March 1st, because it's been a week and I haven't even received confirmation of my order preparing to ship.
Old 03-07-15, 12:16 AM
KahnBB6

^^ That could be very useful in the future. Toyota/Lexus are slowly phasing out the availability for dealers to even look up subsections for an older vehicle if the available stock listed under that section is completely depleted from national inventory (or maybe it was just international inventory).

Also, for what it's worth, there's a petition going to get Sewell to reinstate their online parts sales:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...s-online-store
Old 03-07-15, 12:37 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

I already signed the petition.

It was a moderate time investment to go through all the pages one by one and save the jpg's as sensible file names for later perusal, but surely worth it in the long run if no one else manages to put a similar resource online. I'm sure people would freak if the Sewell schematics were shared, so I mayl have to slap a "republication or redistribution" disclaimer in my sig file...
Old 03-07-15, 08:36 AM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I'm in the minority. I had excellent experiences with Sewell and never got the wrong part. They had competitive prices and great communication on order status, delivery dates and availability. Conversely with the Sarasota Lexus dealer I talked to the service manager then the owner because the woman they had working in the parts dept. kept giving me the wrong parts even when I gave her the part numbers! Finally the local dealers prices were outrageous. I'm sorry to see Sewell go. I will definitely check out our new vendor though. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-07-15, 09:46 AM
TexRud
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This place has all the schematics for Lexus, Toyota, and other major cars. You can always use their schematics & part numbers & compare pricing with everybody else like parts.com, Lpartsworld etc. Some items cost more and others are cheaper. depending what you are looking for.

here you find the Schematics - http://www.shopdealergenuineparts.com/lexus/

**This is infor is not for advertising/promoting their websites, a place I found that has all the schematics.

TexRud
Old 03-07-15, 05:25 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Nice find, TexRud. It's not the quickest interface to browse, but if you're looking for a specific thing or two it seems to have good detail.
Old 03-08-15, 09:35 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

I have never had any problems ordering my parts from Sewell ever. Sad to see them go, I signed the petition hoping to get them revived.
Old 03-09-15, 05:50 PM
SChmoky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely sucks about the site.

Anyone ever dealt with Toyolex Parts Connection in Florida? See them a lot on eBay.
Old 03-10-15, 08:17 PM
KahnBB6

Once or twice by phone. They're okay but I thought they were a recycling yard rather than a seller of New Old Stock parts.
Old 03-13-15, 03:05 PM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curt Aigner at Elmhurst will quickly tell you he is not a Lexus parts dealer. Do your own research on compatible Supra parts you'll need and then contact him with a part number. I have spent a lot of money with him for my old Supra and my SC400 and his service is top notch.

Last edited by gtsfire; 03-13-15 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-16-15, 05:51 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thought they were pretty pricey even after the "CL discount" which didn't make much of a difference.
Old 03-16-15, 10:52 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Thought they were pretty pricey even after the "CL discount" which didn't make much of a difference.
I don't know what items you were looking at, but the CL discounts were always a very sizable percentage off on everything I checked. Usually around 30% off the already discounted prices, as I recall.

What I didn't care for was the shipping cost being based on total dollar amount, rather than total weight, and only via UPS/FedEx. I know the weight-based shipping is much tougher to calculate in real-time, but it sucks to have a small box of gaskets and plastic clips cost $20 to ship when it could go in a USPS padded envelope for $5 or less.

Quick Reply: Sewell Parts.com Shut Down