Sewell Parts.com Shut Down

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 01:30 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Sewell Parts.com Shut Down

Well,

Sewell took there online parts ordering offline. Who are we going to get our discounted parts from now.

Shane
Old 03-02-15, 02:01 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess you will have to make friends with your local Lexus Dealership Parts Manager and hope for some discounts!

So glad I ordered my new headlights from Sewell a few months ago.
Old 03-02-15, 02:05 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, they saved me hundreds over the last two years I've owned my SC's. I will definitely miss having that site available, it was so easy to use and find parts on. That's a bummer.
Old 03-02-15, 02:58 PM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We know everyone is looking for a new option for Lexus parts and there are many options out there. Many factors come into when you are looking for a new supplier, price, shipping, location, quality and selection. We are Lpartsworld.com and MyLparts.com. We are a Club Lexus Authorized vendor. We are also a Lexus dealer selling only genuine Lexus parts. We are located in California. We have great online prices and offer a CL discount on top of those prices.Just use code CL5 for 10% off. We offer free shipping on orders over $150. We have discounted shipping on orders under $150. 99% of our orders ship same day or next business day. What don't we do? We don'd do any large body pieces, batteries or any fluids. Other than that we usually can handle any order. We don't have the same schematics as Sewell, but we are working on that. We understand that all this Sewell business is going to get spread around the country, but we do want to make sure you understand that we are here for you if needed. Give us a look over, give us a call! Hope to do business with some of you in the future! Thanks!
Old 03-02-15, 03:22 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Can you not call them or email for parts similar to Elmhurst?

Steve
Old 03-02-15, 05:08 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

MyLparts, thanks for posting that. I've been hoping and semi-assuming one or more of the CL vendors would step up and fill the void left by Sewell.

Edit: I just checked a few of your prices and with the extra 10% off, they're quite similar to Sewell's CL discount for small, medium, and large items. That should make people happy.

Last edited by t2d2; 03-02-15 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 07:06 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a huge hunch that other Lexus dealerships have something to do to get them shut down. Last time I bought something from a Lexus dealer, I was kinda pressuring the sales person to give me the same price as Sewell, and she said they already know about Sewell and they are reaching out to Lexus USA to get to the bottom of how can they offer price as low as what Sewell offers us when they can't even get those prices themselves. But TBH, as much as I loved Sewell's discounted prices, it always came with a problem and a terrible customer service. That's why I find myself driving 15 miles away to a local Lexus dealer and paying retail price more than often.
Old 03-02-15, 09:09 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

SSLEXUS-PARTS on Ebay. They offer free shipping and will take requests to add a certain part to their Ebay store at a good price if there is enough demand for that certain part.
Old 03-02-15, 11:37 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

You guys with local dealers are lucky. It would take 3-4 hours out of my day to go to a Lexus parts counter. I've ordered a few things through the local Toyota dealer, but their prices on shared parts are usually double what everyone else says is list price, so that's not a great option, either.
Old 03-03-15, 10:20 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

MyLparts pricing looks very close to Sewell. I'll give them a chance. I need a couple of small items. The biggest problem with the tan interior guys is there may be a part number listed for a tan part but it will only be available in black. I ran into that a lot with Sewell. I also had issues with the attitudes of the parts guys at Sewell, they weren't very helpful considering I knew the car better than they did half the time. I also had spent about $5,000 with them and thought I should have been treated better. The online guy was nice but trying to get a hold of him was almost impossible.

Hoping for good things with MyLparts.

Shane
Old 03-03-15, 12:36 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

I am going to give them a try too.

Steve
Old 03-03-15, 02:23 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

MyLparts has some great prices. I used Carson Toyota/L-Tuned Parts for a lot of my stuff. My local Toyota dealer has pretty good prices too.

If you're a member of Supraforums, Elmhurst Toyota is good for Supra/SC parts. Lexus of Atlanta had cheaper prices for a few parts I was looking at for my LS430.
Old 03-03-15, 03:49 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

in my experience parts-dot-com was always cheaper than sewell, even with their discount
Old 03-03-15, 04:24 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
in my experience parts-dot-com was always cheaper than sewell, even with their discount
Do they sell OEM parts?
Old 03-03-15, 05:14 PM
5spd97
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's too bad. I really loved ordering parts from Sewell, in fact I rarely bought from anyone else. It was easy to find what you needed and the price was always a substantial discount from what I would have to pay locally, and that no doubt was the issue. I'm guessing they did this as a result of pressure that other dealers put on Lexus, but I could be wrong.

I used to buy parts for my tractor from an on-line service similar to what Sewell offered. One day I was buying parts at a local dealer and some of the prices were WAY out of line compared to the on-line site (like 100% higher), I mentioned this to the stealer ship and he asked where I got that info and unfortunately i told him. Next day the on-line site no longer showed prices and the parts search feature was disabled.

Quick Reply: Sewell Parts.com Shut Down