SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

It's a damn shame to see no decent aftermarket solutions for the SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-15, 08:32 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry It's a damn shame to see no decent aftermarket solutions for the SC

Seriously who wants to put 240 style tails on there sc with that ugly square as the reverse light that's absolutely no similarity to any Lexus's . And what's up with the fugly vented hoods can we get top secret style 2 hood ? there should be a lot more offered for us to buy to modify our vehicles to our liking and so us vvti 98+ Get left in the dark because? My problem is the GS and IS have a bigger market of options to choose from yet no one gives a **** about the SC300 JZZ30 JZZ31 hell even the sc430 has a lot more than us

The best is to offer us the same crap and just smoke the lens so ther dark and don't look as crappy as they used to. The only good thing eBay headlight is for is the lens that's it it's clear and has no lines..
if you feel this is a major issue we have express your thoughts and input If only I had an Mkiv so I wouldnt be so damn disgruntled all the time

Last edited by boostinsc; 02-16-15 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-16-15, 09:16 PM
eight
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

the boat has sailed my friend.

im sure it's a combo of age of the car + how many are left + demand, total age and demand together and already your loosing, toss in the fact that this car is becoming rarer and rarer...hell, i've seen to many in the jyards already and wondered why(in much better condition than what the jyard gave the owner)

my last stint here was real nice, 3-6 yr ago was prime (imo) for the sc's. a lot of what i see now to buy is replica stuff, i really don't see that changing. the rc is out and im sure that'll bleed some sc's out...not to be rude to myself or others, but the sc is getting cheap. more people that own them may have a lower pay grade than the previous generation, who wants to make am parts for someone that doesn't want to pay high dollar(i don't, i just want a dd turbo with spice, no overkill - yes, that is still pricey)?

our boat has sailed =/
Old 02-16-15, 09:26 PM
Boriken
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that i wish there where more options out there but.

Engine wise 2jz crowd is good.Jdm muscle needs a bit more.
Suspension components I think we are good to as we share some with mk4 chassis.
Interior.........super lacking.
Exterior ok here is the problem there are options few from the states and few from japan, but with the lack of interest to think outside the box it limits them all to copy/modify the 97+ style because any other style is not what "most" of the sc300/400 crowd like. So the blame is on us the consumers for been so 97+ or gtfo. I may be 100% wrong in my opinion but when you look around if its not a Vertex/BM/AC/or 97+ with or with out lip kit. It rarely gets a second look here and in the fb community.

I like all of them. And appreciate a modded car regardless of what it is.

I actually like the ebay headlights LOL. Don't have them but i like them. Hate the altezza style tails though!!!!!hahaha

Nice lil rant btw hahaha
Old 02-16-15, 09:30 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

TS style hood
Old 02-16-15, 09:36 PM
eight
Driver

where you find??(yes caveman grunt noises)
im gonna go pop my hood real quick, but whats with the indent on the pass side?
Old 02-16-15, 09:39 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

There were only 80,000 of them made and production stopped 15 years ago. A third of them are probably off the road by now, so we're talking maybe 60,000 vehicles out there. Guaranteed less than 1 in 10 people are interested in modding, so we're looking at 6,000 customers at best. That can't be very appealing to anyone trying to do more than small runs of products with a decent margin per unit.
Old 02-16-15, 09:42 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

I know they get a lot of hate but extreme dimensions makes this hood and I'm not sure what the thought of the vent over there is I may utilize it to help exhaust heat from the downpipe/turbo using ducting however it may just be me thinking I can use it lol
Old 02-16-15, 09:48 PM
eight
Driver

use it, the force calls to you, muahahaha!! (but really, find something for it hehe).

the lacst, the few, the proud. scorers =3
Old 02-16-15, 09:50 PM
boostinsc
Racer

the top secret style 2 hood is what Looks best

This has to end and should be sold to sc donk owners only imo if that reverse light was red I would put it in believe it or not actually there was a supra style tail for sale on eBay 2months ago but I cannot find the seller or item and thought it would look really good in the sc and it's different than the usual crowd

This here is a good start for an idea

Last edited by boostinsc; 02-16-15 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-16-15, 09:51 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

Lol I'm going to ask around and see if it's even a possibility to use it to extract heat of so the whole hood will be functional
Old 02-16-15, 09:55 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

I was just saying there are options out there maybe not exactly what your looking for but there is a TS style hood on the market for our cars
Old 02-16-15, 09:56 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Can we stick to the topic?
Old 02-16-15, 09:59 PM
boostinsc
Racer

I guess the only solution is to custom make your own parts and have 1of1 made to end this bitter truth. I agree the rcf will soon replace app of the sc's and supras on the road but it seems to be very expensive I would like to stay in the Lexus game maybe end up getting an ISF or GS350 if I can find one and sell the sc for what it's worth

Last edited by boostinsc; 02-16-15 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-16-15, 10:07 PM
eight
Driver

pardon, didn't mean to sway off (heh). those first tails...eugh, never did like those circles. second set is very nice. have you thought of using some of the clear tail guides and adding more? i personally haven't seen the second set for sale before, but some gents around here have some nice led one-offs. kinda been my plan to retrofit my 92's into leds of some sort.
sorry man, haven't really found much that is am for sc's other than replicas and ebay knocks. =/
Old 02-16-15, 10:16 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

Unfortunately owning an un popular car to mod in the us leaves us with knock offs, retro fitting, custom parts or overnight parts from Japan...
I'm going the route of custom parts but not everyone has the ability of building their own parts
Don't know how I got off topic so my apologies if I veered off course I was only giving an example of a style part you talked about even if it wasn't the version you prefer I personally love the style I have the TS supra was one of the cars that inspires me

Quick Reply: It's a damn shame to see no decent aftermarket solutions for the SC